IGNORED

HQ Player

43 minutes ago, MemoryPlayer said:

I can upsample PCM to DSD 44k only with Ext2 or Ext3, but no with any Sinc filter, only to 48k multiples...

Per the HQP manual, the Sinc filters are integer only conversions, meaning 44.1 > 88.2 > 176.4 > .... and 48 > 96 > 192 > ..... only. Is this what you are seeing? To handle both 44.1 & 48 formats, your DAC would need to support both.

261990558_HQPFilters.thumb.jpg.fab14af469ee1bebb593512ea149232a.jpg

1 hour ago, MemoryPlayer said:

I can upsample PCM to DSD 44k only with Ext2 or Ext3, but no with any Sinc filter, only to 48k multiples...

oops, my bad.  I read your post poorly.  😳

@MiskaSome time ago I tried x256 ASDM7EC Sinc-M and found that I couldn't do it on my 3950X. At the time one of the totl Intel CPUs was required for it.

But today I tried and it seems I can run any x256 ASDM7EC config.
Was there an optimisation update or something which I missed?

Not sure why it's working flawlessly now but I'm happy regardless! :D

https://youtube.com/goldensound

Roon -> HQPlayer -> SMS200 Ultra/SPS500 -> Holo Audio May (Wildism Edition) -> Holo Audio Serene (Wildism Edition) -> Benchmark AHB2 -> Hifiman Susvara

17 hours ago, MemoryPlayer said:

You can use sinc-S/M/Mx/L for upsampling 44.1-base PCM material to 44.1-base DSD. But due to maths involved you cannot do conversion between rate families. As documented in the manual.

With most poly-sinc filters you can convert between rate families.

Solution is to use suitable poly-sinc filters, or get a DAC that can do DSD at multiples of 48k...

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

8 hours ago, GoldenOne said:

@MiskaSome time ago I tried x256 ASDM7EC Sinc-M and found that I couldn't do it on my 3950X. At the time one of the totl Intel CPUs was required for it.

But today I tried and it seems I can run any x256 ASDM7EC config.
Was there an optimisation update or something which I missed?

Not sure why it's working flawlessly now but I'm happy regardless! :D

Nothing special recently. If you are on Linux, you could have switched from generic / Intel build to the AMD optimized build.

On Windows, no new things. You are not using GPU offload?

2 hours ago, Miska said:

Nothing special recently. If you are on Linux, you could have switched from generic / Intel build to the AMD optimized build.

On Windows, no new things. You are not using GPU offload?

Nope, CUDA offload is left on the grey square (and status shows resampling and convolution offload disabled in bottom left when playback starts).

So I'm honestly not sure why it's working. I'm certainly not complaining! But just suspicious that it's actually working so flawlessly :P
The only thing that I've done recently is a fresh windows install but that's all
image.thumb.png.bb1b9b2fce87e9a86ae13012ff296128.png

(Tried Sinc-M and Sinc-L too and those are both fine)

Roon -> HQPlayer -> SMS200 Ultra/SPS500 -> Holo Audio May (Wildism Edition) -> Holo Audio Serene (Wildism Edition) -> Benchmark AHB2 -> Hifiman Susvara

24 minutes ago, GoldenOne said:

Nope, CUDA offload is left on the grey square (and status shows resampling and convolution offload disabled in bottom left when playback starts).

So I'm honestly not sure why it's working. I'm certainly not complaining! But just suspicious that it's actually working so flawlessly :P
The only thing that I've done recently is a fresh windows install but that's all
image.thumb.png.bb1b9b2fce87e9a86ae13012ff296128.png

(Tried Sinc-M and Sinc-L too and those are both fine)

Try turning off the CUDA offload completely and see if it makes difference. If you have Nvidia GPU it maybe gets used now due to new enough driver.

8 hours ago, Miska said:

Try turning off the CUDA offload completely and see if it makes difference. If you have Nvidia GPU it maybe gets used now due to new enough driver.

Ah yeah turning it off fully stops it from working.
Is there any actual drawback to using GPU instead of CPU?

Will the actual resulting data output differ in any manner?

Hi folks, so far I am more than happy with the pcm upsampling using poly-sinc-ext2 at 384k. Was playing with TPDF and NS5 for a while now and I like TPDF better. Sounds a bit smoother to me. Is there any technical reason to use NS5 instead of TPDF with my settings?

8 hours ago, jhoenck said:

Hi folks, so far I am more than happy with the pcm upsampling using poly-sinc-ext2 at 384k. Was playing with TPDF and NS5 for a while now and I like TPDF better. Sounds a bit smoother to me. Is there any technical reason to use NS5 instead of TPDF with my settings?

I would expect NS5 to lower the noise floor in the audible range increasing perhaps the perceived sense of decay/low-level resolution?

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

8 hours ago, MemoryPlayer said:

Did you try Sinc-Mx with NS9?
For me the best match for PCM up!

Sorry, I can't understand why you are asking me this. I don't even do PCM upsampling, I upconvert to DSD256.

21 hours ago, semente said:

I would expect NS5 to lower the noise floor in the audible range increasing perhaps the perceived sense of decay/low-level resolution?

NS5 sounds not as natural as TPDF to me in my system with said settings. NS5 resolves a tad better but I experience it as more siblant in my speaker setup. It works fine with my headphone rig though.

1 hour ago, jhoenck said:

NS5 sounds not as natural as TPDF to me in my system with said settings. NS5 resolves a tad better but I experience it as more siblant in my speaker setup. It works fine with my headphone rig though.

Which speakers are you using, do they have metal domed tweeters?

On 8/6/2021 at 4:11 PM, semente said:

Do you upsample to DSD256 with NS5?

11 hours ago, semente said:

Sorry, I can't understand why you are asking me this. I don't even do PCM upsampling, I upconvert to DSD256.

Because my HQPlayer doesn't upsample to DSD256 with NS5, if your do, I'd like to know how...

Is there a tutorial on how to set up roon and hqplayer?  I want to use my NUC > DAC as my endpoint.  I have a Desktop that I want to use as a  rooncore and Hqplayer.  I can play music on my NUC > DAC, but no HQPlayer upsampling.  I can play music on my desktop (Roon + HQPlayer. thank you

45 minutes ago, Blur510 said:

Is there a tutorial on how to set up roon and hqplayer?  I want to use my NUC > DAC as my endpoint.  I have a Desktop that I want to use as a  rooncore and Hqplayer.  I can play music on my NUC > DAC, but no HQPlayer upsampling.  I can play music on my desktop (Roon + HQPlayer. thank you

You need Network Audio Endpoint software on the NUC.

No electron left behind.