IGNORED

HQ Player

Gauss long is nice for me, too, cuz still (at this moment) the only system I have is my RAAL-based one, and the slight roundedness of Gauss Long is welcome here on many recordings.  But I haven't bought Mitchco's RAAL convolution filter set yet, so that may change it.  But it's amazingly nice to have this flexibility in filtering for such occasions.

12 minutes ago, ted_b said:

the only system I have is my RAAL-based one

Headphones? I have a pair of bookshelves in my shop with RAAL tweeters that are glorious. Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2. The bass is a bit much being ported and too close to the wall but the tweeter is magic.

2 minutes ago, lpost said:

Headphones? I have a pair of bookshelves in my shop with RAAL tweeters that are glorious. Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2. The bass is a bit much being ported and too close to the wall but the tweeter is magic.

Those are fantastic speakers, I agree with your assessment 100%

These are the headphones/ear-field monitors.  https://raalrequisite.com/product/sr1a-earfield-monitors/

No electron left behind.

Yes, the audio room is coming along very well, with final electrical, then carpeting in the next 2 weeks.  The end is in sight.  Until then the RAAL SP1as driven by an SPL combo (Elector preamp and S800 power amp) is sounding wonderful.

About the DB level displayed on my RME :
My RME shows "-3.5db" when I send a direct DSD file (DSD256). (0.0 in pause mode).
I thought it was related to the maximum level chosen in the HQP "settings" but it seems to have nothing to do with that.
@Miska: you have an RME, is this a dac related setting or a consequence ?
I'm going to inject a convolution with an already very low level to avoid clipping but I didn't want to add safety to safety !
And not hear anymore ! 🙃

ROON + HQP / Hdplex H3-i5 + 400ATX >Gustard A26 (NAA twk) > SQM > Benchmark AHB2 / Recital Audio Illumine HEFA

Just now, lpost said:

What CPU?

I guess I'm a little overpowered since I've an Intel 10900k with a RTX3090

Facebook ZMF headphones club founder

🎧 Headphones (using): Apple MMM1 > Roon+HQPlayer > RPI4 NAA > Holo Audio MAY > Gillmore's CFA3 | MHZ EL34/E88CC Tube Amp > Abyss 1266 Phi TC (SC) | ZMF Atrium LTD

I have been listening to new release version 4.12.0 of Desktop for Windows all night. I love the new Polysinc-XTR-Short-LP filter with the ADSMEC7 modulator. I’m transcoding everything to DSD256, using my LampizatOr DSD-Only DAC. The ADSMEC7 512FS modulator provides more air but at the expense of image focus and depth in my set-up. Great work Jussi, great new filters and modulators. In the end, I’m sticking with the EXT2 filter and ADSMEC7 modulator because in my system it provides the right balance of detail, air, depth and image focus. I’m hoping that the next generation of Intel CPU’s and NVIDIA GPU’s will provide the processing power to allow us to use these filters and modulators with DSD512. Has anyone with the latest CPU’s and GPU’s been successful in using any of the EC modulators and new filters with transcoding up to DSD512x48?

4.12 sometimes loads Without the last played playlist?? Clicking on the load playlist button does nothing. Same as load URL for album .  I thought it was an Asio /Dac driver issue but cycling power of the DAC thru a direct USB connection does not solve it. I had to reboot the Win OS? 

Anyone encountered this??

4 hours ago, kelvinwsy said:

4.12 sometimes loads Without the last played playlist?? Clicking on the load playlist button does nothing. Same as load URL for album .  I thought it was an Asio /Dac driver issue but cycling power of the DAC thru a direct USB connection does not solve it. I had to reboot the Win OS? 

Anyone encountered this??

This happens if the DAC access/driver fails.

Unplugging and replugging the USB cable (when HQPlayer is not running) may help. But sometimes if the driver is confused, you may need to reboot the computer.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

1 hour ago, Miska said:

This happens if the DAC access/driver fails.

Unplugging and replugging the USB cable (when HQPlayer is not running) may help. But sometimes if the driver is confused, you may need to reboot the computer.

I would like a "PANIC" button on HQP to reset stuff. But with our AresII the standby works well too :) 

Facebook ZMF headphones club founder

🎧 Headphones (using): Apple MMM1 > Roon+HQPlayer > RPI4 NAA > Holo Audio MAY > Gillmore's CFA3 | MHZ EL34/E88CC Tube Amp > Abyss 1266 Phi TC (SC) | ZMF Atrium LTD

@Miskalet me ask you:
1.       For some HW testing purpose I need to booth output channels send the same digital signal. Is it possible do it directely by HQP settings?

2.       How can I set HQP for 4 channels setup? For first testing approach for example can be channel L sending to booth channels 1 and 3 and channel R to booth channels 2 and 4.

(NNA is running on BBB with botic driver.)

12 hours ago, SunYang said:

@Miskalet me ask you:
1.       For some HW testing purpose I need to booth output channels send the same digital signal. Is it possible do it directely by HQP settings?

Not exactly the same, since dithers and modulators for each channel are independent.

12 hours ago, SunYang said:

2.       How can I set HQP for 4 channels setup? For first testing approach for example can be channel L sending to booth channels 1 and 3 and channel R to booth channels 2 and 4.

(NNA is running on BBB with botic driver.)

You can set number of output channels to 4 and use matrix pipeline setup to route channels.

Question regarding Filter import.

is the handling and result in HQP of imported text based parametric IIR Filter the same as imported wav based IIR Filter? Or ist it possible that there is a slight difference in sound?

Of course: both filters represent 100% same correction ;)

Thx and greetings

Christian

4 hours ago, chriss0212 said:

Question regarding Filter import.

is the handling and result in HQP of imported text based parametric IIR Filter the same as imported wav based IIR Filter? Or ist it possible that there is a slight difference in sound?

Both result in same processing. Essentially text file parser ends up as same kind of filter spec as you would enter manually in matrix setup.

Sorry for such a newbie question from a veteran HQP user, but I've never really tried convolution before.  My RAAL earspeakers are honest open revealing ribbons and Mitchco (via Chris) has developed convolution filters to make them even more balanced and true.  He sells these filters as a set, from 44k to 352k.  I guess I would use the highest rez (352k) and go from there?  Questions: what happens in these two scenarios, using the 352.8k convolution filters..

1) I upsample PCM from 44k to 32fs

2) I upmodulate DSD64 to DSD256 (say, with ASDM7EC)

Thx

Ted