IGNORED

HQ Player

Hi Jussi

There's a bug in the Mac ARM build that causes your software to hang, on my setup, around once per hour.  I need to log into the dedicated M1 machine and bounce your app.  It always presents with a red volume control for some reason.

I have a pal who has seen this also.  Anyone else?

Nikko

Hi Miska

i have some feedback from Euphony regarding saving Files:

I don't know where HQPlayer wants to save this file. Can you choose?
HQPe config directory is on rw data partition but OS partition is ro.
I temporarily mounted os partition as rw so you should be able to save the file but this will go away after restart.

where do „you“ save the REW text file? Not in the config directory?

Thx and greetings

Christian

9 hours ago, jamesg11 said:

Ok, 4.11.1 on M1 won’t allow dsf files to play 48k x 256  ... 44.1k x 256 is good - but will allow same 48k for dff. On 4.10.3 no problems.

Should have added!! 

- attempting to play a dsf file at 48k x 256 causes HQP to hang & requires a force quit; a dff file is fine with such.

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

It is easy to have the core on or off - use parkcontrol. It is a simple easy software that unparks all the cores in Windows.

Park Control website.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

3 hours ago, chriss0212 said:

where do „you“ save the REW text file? Not in the config directory?

Same place where library.xml is stored. This depends on where the configuration is loaded from. If it's from ~/.hqplayer directory, then the other stuff is stored there too. If configuration is loaded from /etc/hqplayer then the stuff is stored under user's home directory.

By default (official hqplayerd packages) hqplayerd runs under "hqplayer" system user account that has home directory set to /var/hqplayer/home

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

I have a question that perhaps someone can answer. I am using the latest version of HQPlayer 4.11 and I discovered a difference in performance from the previous version that I can't explain. I set the max oversampling rate for pcm at 1.536M just as I did for the previous version. I have the Ares II dac which can support such rates. In the old version I would get the correct oversample based on the source file being either 44.1 or 48K. In the new version it defaults to 705.6K instead of the higher possible rate. I tried to force the higher rate and it won't do it. In fact, it locks up when I try to insist on the higher rate. The previous version had none of this problem, It would always default to the highest rate that my dac would support. Can anyone explain this behavior?

On 2/26/2021 at 2:21 AM, Traktorist3d said:

Hello everyone. I generated a linear phase filter in Rephase, but the plotter still rotates the phase. Is this right?

image.thumb.png.73d233dab83d6e2e5d12526df5c98ad1.png

@Miska you replied : "the filter has delay, that's why."

Does it matter (beyond displaying a nice plot) and if Yes, how to get rid of it?

HQ Player 4 Mac Mini M1

5 hours ago, Miska said:

You have volume control turned up too high...

When the system plays music, the volume control is its normal grey self.  When the software hangs, it shows red.  I repeat, the software does not play music at this point.  It is unresponsive.

6 hours ago, Miska said:

Same place where library.xml is stored. This depends on where the configuration is loaded from. If it's from ~/.hqplayer directory, then the other stuff is stored there too. If configuration is loaded from /etc/hqplayer then the stuff is stored under user's home directory.

By default (official hqplayerd packages) hqplayerd runs under "hqplayer" system user account that has home directory set to /var/hqplayer/home

Hi Miska

is it possible to add the feature, that we can choose the storage location of the REW Text files?

i have answer from euphony and it really seems, that you try to save the text file in a read only path on euphony:

HQPlayer is run under root account on Euphony and /etc/hqplayer is used (soft link to a /data partition folder)
That means the save location is /root which is on system partition and therefore read-only.

Greetings

Christian

12 hours ago, chriss0212 said:

is it possible to add the feature, that we can choose the storage location of the REW Text files?

No...

12 hours ago, chriss0212 said:

i have answer from euphony and it really seems, that you try to save the text file in a read only path on euphony:

They need to setup hqplayerd to run correctly...

Mmmhhh

I am not a Linux pro... they don’t want to make the root partitition read/write, what i can understand.

on the other hand, it would be a easy solution, if you would just make ist possible to choose a different folder for the textfile.

when I understand them correct, it would be enough, if you would safe the textfile in the same directory, where you save the config file.

But ok... if this is such a difficult task, I have a solution for myself with parsing the REW file to the style you understand in the process field.

i haven’t said, it’s your fault, I just have asked for a solution.

At the end it‘s not my fault es well... but I need to deal with it ;(

greetings

christian

31 minutes ago, chriss0212 said:

I am not a Linux pro... they don’t want to make the root partitition read/write, what i can understand.

on the other hand, it would be a easy solution, if you would just make ist possible to choose a different folder for the textfile.

when I understand them correct, it would be enough, if you would safe the textfile in the same directory, where you save the config file.

In my packaging, hqplayerd is run under "hqplayer" user which has home directory specified in suitable place and then correct security permissions are applied for the hqplayer user.

I support HQPlayer OS, Ubuntu, Fedora and Debian distributions.

Support for other distributions is job of the respective maintainer, it is their responsibility to make HQPlayer run correctly on their distro.

34 minutes ago, chriss0212 said:

But ok... if this is such a difficult task

It is not about task being difficult, it is about correct person doing task on their responsibility.

40 minutes ago, chriss0212 said:

i haven’t said, it’s your fault, I just have asked for a solution

Beyond the OS I support, solutions are primarily up to entities providing the other OS. When someone ships HQPlayer, they are front-line support for what they ship. If necessary, they need to contact me. But I don't support unsupported OS past them.

Jussy

i am just the end user... i can't change your side and even not the other... i am just asking for a solution...

I don't say, its your job to change anything... it is your software, and of course it is on you to make a decision, where you start, and where you end. And its the same on the euphony side...

I have no idea, what kind of agreement you have... nor even IF you have any... and to be honest: i don't care.

I am just looking for a solution. and if nether you or euphony will do anything, i will find a solution by myself. Maybe i can make some money with it (just kidding).

Greetings

Christian

i could... and this wouldn't cost any penny to me, because i already own a desktop license... but for the moment this is no option.

To me it seems, that euphony is a good way to go... beside of the little problem. And as i wrote: there is already a solution with my own parser.

Greetings

Christian

30 minutes ago, chriss0212 said:

i could... and this wouldn't cost any penny to me, because i already own a desktop license... but for the moment this is no option.

No, I mean for HQPlayer Embedded (that Euphony ships)...

31 minutes ago, chriss0212 said:

And as i wrote: there is already a solution with my own parser.

What you described also means that HQPlayer library functionality is broken on Euphony...

What you described also means that HQPlayer library functionality is broken on Euphony...

I can't follow.

If a make a REW Filter... then i parse this file with my own software i get a line of text which i can use in your matrix in the process field. this i can save and recall... i just can't save REW text files.

9 minutes ago, chriss0212 said:

I can't follow.

If a make a REW Filter... then i parse this file with my own software i get a line of text which i can use in your matrix in the process field. this i can save and recall... i just can't save REW text files.

HQPlayer stores library data in the same place as matrix filters...

HQPlayer stores library data in the same place as matrix filters...

Just to make sure, that i understand correct:
if i put something in the process field, it will be stored in the same place like the REW text file?

That would be really a hint, that something really went wrong on euphony side and its not just a read/write permission thing

2 hours ago, chriss0212 said:

Just to make sure, that i understand correct:
if i put something in the process field, it will be stored in the same place like the REW text file?

No, the "process" field contents are written to hqplayerd.xml configuration file. While library.xml and any convolution WAV or REW EQ .txt files are stored in other place. Unless hqplayerd.xml is loaded from "~/.hqplayer" folder. When configuration is loaded from /etc/hqplayer/hqplayerd.xml then extra files are written to $HOME specified in /etc/passwd

Last night I listened to some music using HQP Desktop on my Mac while sitting in front of it, after downloading the newest version and I noticed some things, and learned one more.

I noticed the Apodizing counter was rocketing upwards on some songs. I learned that sinc-L is not an apodizing filter according to the manual.

No electron left behind.