IGNORED

HQ Player

Just now, fredg_31 said:

😁 Before HQPlayer, I was using Daphile, and my Weiss INT203 was sleeping in a box for years, as dice driver is not supported by Daphile.

When I switched from Daphile to HQPlayer on my MacBook, I made a test with it, and I have to admit it outperforms all the other USB to spdif interfaces I own on my system (not optimized as yours 😁).

Weiss’s driver is in "low latency" mode, HPlayer is using PCM only at 192KHz, ext2 and NS9 and I love the sound it produces!

That's fantastic!

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

20 hours ago, Miska said:

Filter is up to your choice.

Since it is a PCM R2R ladder DAC, I recommend always running it at maximum PCM rate, IOW 352.8/384k. It would just convert DSD to PCM, but I believe HQPlayer has better algorithms for that.

During the listening of tracks of DSD64 and in oversampling 352.8/384k I noticed in different spots an instant noise  when using different settings (DAC bit 18 or 20, Dither NS5, NS9, LNS15 and various filters in filter 1x, Nx).

This noise is always heard at the same point in the track.

If I play "direct DSD" it does't exist.
I think I gave you an idea of the problem.

Do you have an idea why this is happening?

Roon Rock (NUC10I5FNHN2)>Neotech NEET-1008 Ethernet Silver>UpTone EtherREGEN>Supra CAT8>UpTone EtherREGEN>Audioquest cat 700 Carbon>Melco N100>USB DIY>Rockna Wavelight>Mamalos Cables The Elite XLR Nanotubes>Mark Levinson No 380S>RAMM Elite8 XLR>ATC SMC 40A. Power Supply: Ferrum Hypsos, HDplex 300W.

3 hours ago, Miska said:

Oh, very unfortunate that they have disabled QoS support.

How would it help EtherRegen to be a better switch? What’s missing ?

Couldn't I do QoS on one or two switches upfront the EtherRegen instead ?

I assume there is some specific parameters you’re after to be configured ?

3 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Jussi, which optical NAA endpoints do you recommend for receiving 1536 kHz audio? 

I'd love it if my signatureRendu did this without issues, as it's my favorite endpoint, but it seems to stutter quite a bit at 1536. 

Jussi has said, although in a somewhat opaque manner, that 1536 is not possible on Rendu endpoints due to a hardware issue. If you check your server when trying 1536 you should see that it is only sending out about 60-70Mbps when the real rate should be almost 100 Mbps (1536 x 32 x 2 = 98.304). I went round and round on this with everyone from Sonore to Kitsune to Jussi on this when I first got my Spring 2 and could not make it work but I just quit worrying about it as I prefer ASDM7EC/256 over PCM.

4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Jussi, which optical NAA endpoints do you recommend for receiving 1536 kHz audio? 

There is no easy solution without custom hardware. There are some passive cooled Atom/Celeron/Pentium Mini-ITX motherboards where you have a PCIe slot for plugging in optical/SFP network card.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

29 minutes ago, Miska said:

There is no easy solution without custom hardware. There are some passive cooled Atom/Celeron/Pentium Mini-ITX motherboards where you have a PCIe slot for plugging in optical/SFP network card.

I wonder if this M.2 NVME to PCIe x8 would work with the x8 SFP / SFP+ cards. Any ideas if M.2 NVME ports support x8 speeds?

http://www.adt.link/product/R48SF.html

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

23 minutes ago, bibo01 said:

I suppose you are referring to their Clearfog device... (Again, I suggested it to @jabbrwhen it came out)

And my ClearFog Base which has a full 1GBe SFP input, and which is supported by Armenian (Debian) is still working great to this day!

You load the networkaudiod (NAA) deb package on it and it works like a charm. 

(it’s solid-run) https://shop.solid-run.com/product/SRM6828S00D01GE000B02CE/

armbian https://www.armbian.com/clearfog-base/

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

I have HQPlayer desktop on my MacBook Pro (2012 rMBP), and ultraRendu booted with HQP NAA image.  (I have used SonicOrbitor with HQP selected too.)  My nice DAC is NuPrime Evolution, which needs ASIO driver for native DSD (which obviously won't work on a Mac).  I used to have an ifi iDSD-BL, selecting SDM Pack = none to get native DSD, but when I try that with the Evo, HQP switches to PCM.  What are my options for HQP being able to play native DSD instead of DoP to this DAC?  If I moved HQP Desktop to a Windows PC with ASIO, would HQP NAA support it, or would my only option be to go direct USB from the PC to DAC?  I can only get DSD128 over DoP to this DAC (due to max PCM rate of 384k), but I would like the option of DSD256.

On 4/1/2021 at 4:07 PM, Miska said:

Yes. In addition, HQPlayer OS on PC hardware is not using low-latency kernel, but instead realtime kernel.

Somehow, I was under the wrong impression that you were using low latency kernel in your OS... good to know :)

Did you choose realtime for latency reason or for SQ reasons between the two kernels?

Some developers are telling me that differences vary from hardware to hardware and user's preference. What are your thoughts?  

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Really neat. 

Yes, very neat, and the SFP board is very reasonably $$.  So we could configure this to be a Windows 10 LTSC optical NAA, for like $450, and only need an SFP(+)?   Really?