IGNORED

HQ Player

9 minutes ago, SwissBear said:

You might want to check, when generating your convolution impulses inside rePhase, the gain which is displayed in the message box just under the button "Generate". The gain should be close to zero or below. 

I've posted a screen cap of what I see:

image.png.3a1cad7e720ddccea2a7754f57c245db.png

(and I note that in HQP I see the IR gain as "-0.000118559 dB" when I load this)

Yamaha A-S3200 | B&W | REL | Holo Audio May

10 hours ago, Iceaero said:

I've posted a screen cap of what I see:

image.png.3a1cad7e720ddccea2a7754f57c245db.png

(and I note that in HQP I see the IR gain as "-0.000118559 dB" when I load this)

This is very much in line with what I have too. You are on the safe side as far as your convolution impulses have been generated.

Remains what Jussi has mentioned above :-)

2 hours ago, Miska said:

Some notes about HQPlayer Desktop 4.10.3 release testing on Mac Mini with M1 CPU.

I created individual room corrections for left and right channels using REW and exported the parametric eq parameters to a text file. Then I loaded these into HQPlayer matrix configuration and compensated for the max eq gain using the pipeline mix gain.

I have also been testing AutoEq headphone corrections on two of my headphones (Sennheiser and Shure), loaded as a matrix profile the same way. (AutoEq corrections come with gain compensation value, so no need to do anything about that)

This way I can easily switch between room and headphone correction profiles. And these work nicely without too much CPU load (tested with PCM and DSD64 source material upsampled to DSD256 using ASDM7EC).

@Miska

Would you post some print screens of these headphones correction profiles?

I'm looking for Sennheiser HD800 S, I never used matrix convolution neither pipeline setup.

23 minutes ago, MemoryPlayer said:

@Miska

Would you post some print screens of these headphones correction profiles?

I'm looking for Sennheiser HD800 S, I never used matrix convolution neither pipeline setup.

Here's one for the Shure:

174443705_Screenshotfrom2021-03-1002-00-25.png.138e9ec9ff972f2aa74cccdc8758ad49.png

And here's one of the Sennheiser HD 800 ones:

537874449_Screenshotfrom2021-03-1002-00-54.png.7830ce087c137c622c826ffe77b38d30.png

P.S. From the correction you can see that the Shure SRH1540 is actually a very neat and reasonably priced headphone. Doesn't need much correction and it is very nice one to use when traveling.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

24 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

@Miska Is using this as easy as downloading the Wav file for the Susvara, loading it into the right and left channels via browse, and clicking play?

You can use the convolution filter too (but for that you need to compensate for the gain yourself). But I'm talking about the parametric eq .txt file. You download it, browse it and that's it.

Sorry, the first Shure plot was incorrect one:

1383225464_Screenshotfrom2021-03-1002-47-31.thumb.png.50f72c2943cf1a83da234b87fab8cfa9.png

1 hour ago, Miska said:

Here's one for the Shure:

174443705_Screenshotfrom2021-03-1002-00-25.png.138e9ec9ff972f2aa74cccdc8758ad49.png

And here's one of the Sennheiser HD 800 ones:

537874449_Screenshotfrom2021-03-1002-00-54.png.7830ce087c137c622c826ffe77b38d30.png

P.S. From the correction you can see that the Shure SRH1540 is actually a very neat and reasonably priced headphone. Doesn't need much correction and it is very nice one to use when traveling.

Hmm what text correction is that from AutoEQ for HD800, none of the ones  i found give the phase response on your screenshot.

Topic DirectSDM:

What does "DirectSDM setting disables all processes" mean?

I understand that the volume control will be turned off. Are convolution and matrix also deactivated?

8 hours ago, Yviena said:

Hmm what text correction is that from AutoEQ for HD800, none of the ones  i found give the phase response on your screenshot.

I think it is this one:

https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/blob/master/results/innerfidelity/innerfidelity_harman_over-ear_2018/Sennheiser HD 800/Sennheiser HD 800 ParametricEQ.txt

3 hours ago, StreamFidelity said:

Topic DirectSDM:

What does "DirectSDM setting disables all processes" mean?

I understand that the volume control will be turned off. Are convolution and matrix also deactivated?

That DSD sources played to DSD output are passed through (bit-perfect) without any other processing than possible speaker delays.

For any other cases no difference in operation other than volume control locked to about -3.0103 dBFS.

Hi Jussi, that sounds amazing regarding AutoEQ... I am doing the same thing for my Focal Utopia.

Do I understand correctly that HQPlayer can directly read the generate EQ-Text Files from AutoEQ?

I have made very good experience with the generated Convolution Files from AutoEQ. I give this strategy a try to.

Would you expect any audible difference, or do you see an advantage of using the EQ vs the Conv-Files?

54 minutes ago, mikel said:

Do I understand correctly that HQPlayer can directly read the generate EQ-Text Files from AutoEQ?

Yes, that's the case.

55 minutes ago, mikel said:

I have made very good experience with the generated Convolution Files from AutoEQ. I give this strategy a try to.

Would you expect any audible difference, or do you see an advantage of using the EQ vs the Conv-Files?

Using the parametric eq files is quite a bit lighter to process at least. You can try if you notice any audible difference. Shouldn't be big though.

I just started to use the HQPlayer's music library function along with the HQplayer Android app and it's so convenient. Before I just dragged and dropped the files I wanted to play back. However, when I scanned all my music files (conveniently contained in my "Music" folder) I have noticed that albums that are in "ape." format will not be recognized. Furthermore, I have albums put together by me from various sources and some are in DSD format while others are in flac and Wav - all within one album. In that case, HQPlayer will only scan one part of the group, let's say DSD or Flac, and the rest will be not scanned. Can someone suggest a solution so I can get all my albums and files scanned? Thank you in advance!

"high fidelity” -> being faithful, accuracy in details; “the degree to which an electronic device accurately reproduces sound

49 minutes ago, MemoryPlayer said:

Will HQPlayer understand the Sennheiser HD 800 S Parametric EQ Preamp -5.4 dB.txt or I need include or exclude some informations?

Sennheiser HD 800 S Parametric EQ Preamp -5.4 dB.txt 463 B · 0 downloads

That file is fine, but is missing the gain compensation value, so you need to do it yourself by setting mix gain to -5.7 dBFS.