IGNORED

HQ Player

35 minutes ago, drjimwillie said:

To digress a bit, Ted, I can’t believe you still do not have your room together. 😳

I know...guilty.  Hell, we'll have been here in Colorado almost 2 and a half years already.  Well, Covid shut down the room build not soon after it started (about 40% done).  Glad you are back, posting! 👍  Yes, ext2 is my fave filter, but as far as dither NS5 may be better for me at 352, while you should try/do NS9 at 192k.

Your patience is unbelievable.  😎
My personal rule is, the very first thing I do when I move into a new house is, hook up my stereo.

i’m glad you have A nice set up to listen to now and some nice headphones.

I know that it is off topic for here, is it acoustic isolation or dedicated electrical that you’re waiting for?

Is there any guidance/suggestion to use HQP 3.25.6 with NAA by using a straight back-to-back cable? So no DHCP ... 

I did some experiment but I don't understand how to make it working with IPv4 and IPv6 too ... 

HQPDesk runs on my Apple MacBookPro Mojave, NAA is running on a BeagleBoneBlack

I sometimes see the NAA ... sometimes not

Reboot, reload, turn on and off the card

I don't understand how to see the NAA in a stable manner

Any suggestion?

On 1/13/2021 at 5:04 PM, CheapSplurge said:

Anyone that has the Chord TT2 can suggest settings for Hqplayer, that makes the sound thicken the body, or bring the vocals more forward? 

I appreciate it. 

I used sinc-m, 768max, lns15, adaptive rate checked for the last year. Just recently I was using Squeeze without hqplayer as I liked the WTA1 filter quality. Now using hqplayer again but only sampling to 192max so that I still get jussi’s filters up front and Rob’s as well. For this week anyway.

On 1/14/2021 at 11:39 PM, Ipoci said:

Is there any guidance/suggestion to use HQP 3.25.6 with NAA by using a straight back-to-back cable? So no DHCP ... 

I did some experiment but I don't understand how to make it working with IPv4 and IPv6 too ... 

Why!? It has not been designed to be used that way...

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

I recently purchased the new Mac mini M1 and installed HQPlayer Desktop on it. I have set up preferences to SDM (DSD), poly-sync-mp, and ASDM7EC, using the Preferences screen shot from page 762. Problem is, as soon as I press play HQPlayer switches to PCM, poly-sync-lp, and TPDF, with format conversion 44.1 / 16 to 352.8 / 32. I can't get HQPlayer to play to DSD and the highly esteemed ASDM7EC.

The Max mini plays to an NAA installed on an IBM NUC7PJYH then to my DAC USB.

What am I doing wrong? I looked at the log file, but nothing jumps out at me.

Thanks, John

On 1/15/2021 at 4:41 PM, mancolh said:

I used sinc-m, 768max, lns15, adaptive rate checked for the last year. Just recently I was using Squeeze without hqplayer as I liked the WTA1 filter quality. Now using hqplayer again but only sampling to 192max so that I still get jussi’s filters up front and Rob’s as well. For this week anyway.

I apologize, I'm new and can't quite follow. I understand the settings but ease clarify. 

If I only sample to 192max it will sound better as it will use my dacs wta filter? 

9 hours ago, jbparrish said:

I recently purchased the new Mac mini M1 and installed HQPlayer Desktop on it. I have set up preferences to SDM (DSD), poly-sync-mp, and ASDM7EC, using the Preferences screen shot from page 762. Problem is, as soon as I press play HQPlayer switches to PCM, poly-sync-lp, and TPDF, with format conversion 44.1 / 16 to 352.8 / 32. I can't get HQPlayer to play to DSD and the highly esteemed ASDM7EC.

Thanks, John

John,

Can you do the following:

1) take a screenshot of the settings page;

2) tell us the OS of your NAA;

3) tell us about your DAC

il Carletto, he'd only need DoP if he were listening straight from M1.  Sounds like, though, he has an NAA, which likely would not need DoP.  Also, highly dependent on DAC, of course.

Thanks@ted_b, here is the screen shot of the Preferences window:

Preferences.pdf

The NAA is from audiolinux. From the log file NAA Daemon 4.1.1.

The DAC is an LKS MH-DA004, there is a very strong support / DIY community for this DAC at Head-Fi, I ran this by them first thinking that maybe the DAC was not set up correctly, the response was "The NAA must report it can do DSD otherwise you can get kicked back to PCM, this capability information is reported in the logfile".

I looked over the log file, but nothing strange, to me anyway.

17 hours ago, jbparrish said:

Thanks, John

Did you actually get sound out of your NUC?

No electron left behind.

On 1/15/2021 at 12:10 PM, Hensema said:

You could try IIR, thick warm mid-range. IIR is a bit underrated by my opinion. 

For some reason, IIR simply does not work for me. I think every other filter works, but when I set IIR I get literally no sound out...though HQPlayer acts like everything is fine. Anyone have a clue why this might be?

Yamaha A-S3200 | B&W | REL | Holo Audio May

35 minutes ago, jbparrish said:

Oops, my apologies, I grabbed the preferences screen shot when the DAC was off. Here it is again. I have not emailed Piero at audiolinux. The NUC/NAA and DAC work very nicely, actually, just not ASDM7EC.

Preferences.thumb.jpg.dc03db184b2b7067b7d4720b097b7649.jpg

Are you sure your DAC supports 48k rates? Lots do not thus the reason for the “48k DSD” checkbox. Might try unchecking it and see what happens.

19 hours ago, CheapSplurge said:

I apologize, I'm new and can't quite follow. I understand the settings but ease clarify. 

If I only sample to 192max it will sound better as it will use my dacs wta filter? 

That will be up to your ears. I am experimenting with this and today its 192 and closed form-m. I used to own an mscaler and was forced to listen to it’s filter only. HQPlayer gives so many alternatives and none are wrong. One thing I noticed with mscaler was that I was enjoying 192k upsampling at times rather than full 768 for a fuller sound. That gave me the idea to try it with hqplayer. You may get that fuller sound you were looking for.