IGNORED

HQ Player

5 hours ago, firedog said:

Stack Audio Link II just added NAA support. It's also certified Roon Ready, plus UPnP, Squeezelite, Librespot, and Shareport.

It's running a propriety version of RopieeeXL.

Looks interesting for USD850.   Little weird being a streamer itself and a Roon and NAA endpoint.  

23 minutes ago, Solstice380 said:

Looks interesting for USD850.   Little weird being a streamer itself and a Roon and NAA endpoint.  

a Micro rendu will be cheaper as NAA and reclocked USB source ,  with all the DAC existing with I2S input it is disapointing there is no little streamers like the MR but with ethernet input and I2S out ..

PC audio /Roon + HQPLAYER / HOLO Spring 2 / / DIY AD1 SET tube amp  /  DIY Altec 2 way horn Speaker

2 hours ago, Solstice380 said:

It doesn't have a DAC, it's just a network to digital device.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

1 hour ago, juanitox said:

a Micro rendu will be cheaper as NAA and reclocked USB source ,  with all the DAC existing with I2S input it is disapointing there is no little streamers like the MR but with ethernet input and I2S out ..

I used to have a micro rendu and I like this better:

1) has ethernet and wifi (you can only use one, i.e., you don't have to activate wifi);

2) it also has a USB in for direct connection to USB sources;

3) It's larger and heavier (case milled from a block of aluminum) so is more stable, looks nicer, and has built in heat dissipation so it stays cool.

In my mind that makes it worth the additional cost. YMMV.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

1 hour ago, firedog said:

It doesn't have a DAC, it's just a network to digital device.

Here we go with that streamer nomenclature issue again!  Of course I know what it does.  My point is that you get to do either one or the other with it, stream or use as Roon or NAA endpoint.  You can’t use it for both at the same time!

On 1/5/2021 at 4:27 AM, AudioDoctor said:

Why would Etcher write Ropiee to the SD card just fine, but not your NAA image to the exact same SD card? The only difference in the entire chain is your NAA image.

No problems for me using etcher on Ubuntu Studio 20.04.1 LTS, writing NAA and HQP OS images to SD cards and USB sticks..

6 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

We all have our moments Chris, don't feel bad.

I hear ya!  How about hooking up a physical component and getting no sound, only to find out there was a switch on the unit as well as the outboard power supply.  That took me 30 minutes before I saw it.  Sheeeeeesh.

47 minutes ago, Solstice380 said:

I hear ya!  How about hooking up a physical component and getting no sound, only to find out there was a switch on the unit as well as the outboard power supply.  That took me 30 minutes before I saw it.  Sheeeeeesh.

I've probably spent at least that amount of time looking for the culprit before noticing I had the wrong input selected on the receiver...

No electron left behind.

If you have no success using HQP NAA image, you can try Gentooplayer. I use it on my NAA and never had a problem with it, very efficient and easy to setup without linux knowledge, via web iterface. Very good sounding too and allowing RT kernel choice and RAM disk setup if you want.

Latest versions require registration via email, but that's easy too.

14 hours ago, Luca72c said:

Nobody had the chance to try HQPlayer on a Zen3 cpu still?

Has AMD released ghost processors? 🤔

I also have a 5950X in my Desktop and had mixed success with HQPlayer Desktop for Windows. I was not able to do DSd256 ASDM7EC stable the dropout was less frequent than on my previous 3600X. This was done with no OC.

I still have to try with embedded. 

40 minutes ago, Rune said:

I also have a 5950X in my Desktop and had mixed success with HQPlayer Desktop for Windows. I was not able to do DSd256 ASDM7EC stable the dropout was less frequent than on my previous 3600X. This was done with no OC.

I still have to try with embedded. 

Did you try various multicore DSP and/or Ryzen master cores management settings? 

On paper, 5950x should have plenty of single core power for the job... OC should not be needed

11 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Ok @Miska I wrote the image to the SD card using bmaptool, still nothing.

Just trying to help here, please forgive me if this seems too dumb, but have youchecked the SD card is not locked? Physically, I mean, some of them have a sliding thing that locks or unlocks the card.

Hope it helps!

L