IGNORED

HQ Player

36 minutes ago, Yviena said:

I see, do you know if it's possible to set a global pre-amp level with the IIR plugin, since i'm still a little bit unsure if i should just set every gain value to the same one, or use different values per IIR filter like this,image.png.76b6a98d51ffcea1bd8dab85a387409e.png

or like this 

image.png.b892c92788eb27763df8c5a377a40e80.png

Unsure really how the gain works does it only alter the volume in that specific frequency region listed or...?

BTW i managed to crash HQplayer when i had 10 PEQ entries for each channel, when i pressed the enable matrix button, will see if i can trigger it again.

Above setup will give you strange results, because you are now mixing multiple parallel pipelines into one output. If you want multiple plugins for single channel/pipeline, just comma-separate the items. This way you get chain of plugins instead of parallel plugins with outputs mixed.

The compensation you need for a pipeline is highest gain of any of the chained plugins.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

13 minutes ago, Bob Stern said:

Also, different PEQ designs use different definitions of Q and BW and possibly even different slopes (although I believe 2nd order is most common).

Yes, so in case there's the response plotting function so you can visually check if it looks at all what you are expecting to get.

1 hour ago, Miska said:

Above setup will give you strange results, because you are now mixing multiple parallel pipelines into one output. If you want multiple plugins for single channel/pipeline, just comma-separate the items. This way you get chain of plugins instead of parallel plugins with outputs mixed.

The compensation you need for a pipeline is highest gain of any of the chained plugins.

you mean like this ?

iir:type=peak;f=23;q=0.67;g=5.7,iir:type=peak;f=1528;q=1.65;g=4.8

I think i'm gonna need a example... 

nvm found it out for some reason i needed to windows+ space first to change keyboard language before i saw changes.

Weird i still get limiting/clipping with gain set to -15  -3 on volume control with these settings, -18 should be more than enough no?

image.thumb.png.1041d29f35c7d356eb887171850c7a78.png

4 hours ago, Bob Stern said:

It's the amplitude of the peak.  (Or dip if negative.)  Increasing the gain is like moving a single band's slider farther from zero in a graphical EQ.

Myself, and perhaps other devotees of HQPlayer, have minimal familiarity w/PEQ as contrasted to graphic EQ. Can you recommend a web resource or guide for the basics of PEQ that may help us correctly explore this new functionality in HQPlayer Desktop? Thanks!

Desktop: HQ Player --> Singxer SU-1 --> Matrix X-Sabre Pro --> McChanson SuperSilver UltimatE

Headphones: Audeze MM-500, Meze Audio Elite, Focal Utopia 2022, Focal Bathys (Wireless)

Portable Gear: Hiby RS6, xDuoo XD05 Bal 2, FiiO BTR7, Creative BT-W5, FiiTii HiFiDots TWS

Nearfield Active Speakers: Audioengine HD3 

Power Conditioning: Furman Elite-15 PFi

25 minutes ago, LoryWiv said:

Myself, and perhaps other devotees of HQPlayer, have minimal familiarity w/PEQ as contrasted to graphic EQ. Can you recommend a web resource or guide for the basics of PEQ

https://music.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-use-a-parametric-equalizer--audio-2301

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

7 hours ago, Yviena said:

Weird i still get limiting/clipping with gain set to -15  -3 on volume control with these settings, -18 should be more than enough no?

image.thumb.png.1041d29f35c7d356eb887171850c7a78.png

Note! You need to clean up those following pipelines! You have now parallel bypass pipeline that gets mixed with the equalized one!

There are two straight ones, that produce +6 dB gain due to summing two same signals, plus the equalized one.

Hi Miska !

I just see the coupon Information for Black Friday :

"Black Friday has started! With coupon code "black20" 10% discount on new HQPlayer licenses (all versions). There is also additional 5% (total 25%) discount on upgrade coupon codes through the weekend.
If you missed Black Friday, you have a second chance on Cyber Monday with coupon code "cyber20". Campaigns generally run from midnight to midnight UTC time."

I'm not sure to understand : black20 gives 10%, OK, but then when you are talking about additional 5% why total is 25% ??? How is it possible ?

27 minutes ago, Khordo said:

Hi Miska !

"Black Friday has started! With coupon code "black20" 10% discount on new HQPlayer licenses (all versions). There is also additional 5% (total 25%) discount on upgrade coupon codes through the weekend.
If you missed Black Friday, you have a second chance on Cyber Monday with coupon code "cyber20". Campaigns generally run from midnight to midnight UTC time."

I'm not sure to understand : black20 gives 10%, OK, but then when you are talking about additional 5% why total is 25% ??? How is it possible ?

Me too. How do I get 25% off for for an upgrade?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

1 hour ago, Miska said:

Note! You need to clean up those following pipelines! You have now parallel bypass pipeline that gets mixed with the equalized one!

There are two straight ones, that produce +6 dB gain due to summing two same signals, plus the equalized one.

Do you mean the iir one under the first one or... I thought that was for channel 2, I'm a total newbie at this so do you have a example what you mean by cleaning up?

2 hours ago, Khordo said:

Hi Miska !

1 hour ago, firedog said:

Me too. How do I get 25% off for for an upgrade?

I was initially confused like both of you.

I think he means that, given that you get 20% coupon discount if you upgrade from v3 to v4, during Black Friday WE you will get an extra 5% discount for a total of 25%. :)  

2 minutes ago, bibo01 said:

I was initially confused like both of you.

I think he means that, given that you get 20% coupon discount if you upgrade from v3 to v4, during Black Friday WE you will get an extra 5% discount for a total of 25%. :)  

Ok. but I'm still confused. I go to the site and ask for an upgrade discount. The code I get will give me the max possible discount?

I want to know before I order,, b/c once you  order you can't correct a mistake in the price.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

27 minutes ago, firedog said:

Ok. but I'm still confused. I go to the site and ask for an upgrade discount. The code I get will give me the max possible discount?

I want to know before I order,, b/c once you  order you can't correct a mistake in the price.

Hopefully @Miska will confirm either way, however, I suppose that only during this WE, if you insert the upgrade discount coupon, it will give you 25% discount. If you don't see it confirmed in the change of price, you don't go through with the order.

...unless you can insert more than one coupon. Then, you also insert "black20". 

I am sure that you can manage with one of the two options! :D

1 hour ago, Heckyman said:

Quick question: is there any way to get HQPlayer Desktop running on my iMac to output to USB (without Roon)? The only option I can see is to stream to a NAA. 

Yes of course, when you select CoreAudio backend you get selection of available local output devices.

1 hour ago, bibo01 said:

Yes, the upgrade discount coupon is configured to give 25% (20 + 5) during the weekend.

For new licenses (no upgrade) the Black Friday code gives 10%.

On 11/24/2020 at 9:30 AM, Joerg D said:

Hello Miska
I have a 2 PC system.
My IMAC ( 3,5 GHZ, IntelCore I5 , 8 GB Ram , AMD Radeon 2 GB )
makes the Roon Core and Hqplayer desktop.
The music goes via LAN to the Acousence Streamer and from there via LWL( Optic)  to the Acousence DAC . The DAC has a Delta Sigmar converter, 24 Bit 196 khz, no DSD.
Which setting in Hqplayer can you recommend?
Can I use Cuda?
My system is now very high resolution, I would like a little more warmth.

Many greetings
Joerg

Hqplayer24.11.20.pdf 411.19 kB · 14 downloads

Hello Miska

can you please give me a recommendation for the setting of the hqplayer. Thank you Joerg

Hi Miska, I have troubles with Matrix Pipeline and my HRTF WAVs after attempt to upgrade from an half an year old version to 4.8.0.

In HQPlayer 3 as well as older versions of HQPlayer 4 the IR WAVs behave the same. With mostly about -2 or -3dB gain correction per source channel they work perfectly. An example are IR WAVs form the EU Listen project we discussed years ago:
image.thumb.png.7e8def978f956f40f360b4517041c09b.png

The 4 IR WAVs form the picture are attached: IRC_1050_C_R0195.zip

The volume matching between the recording and IR WAVs is somehow broken in newer HQPlayer versions. The same settings with the same IR WAVs as in older HQPlayer versions lead to strange clipping. It didn't help to lower gain in the 2nd column to for example -30dB. The volume knob is red, sound is loud.

I don't know if nobody uses IRs with Matrix Pipeline ... or something should be set differently since older versions?

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
3 hours ago, bogi said:

Hi Miska, I have troubles with Matrix Pipeline and my HRTF WAVs after attempt to upgrade from an half an year old version to 4.8.0.

In HQPlayer 3 as well as older versions of HQPlayer 4 the IR WAVs behave the same. With mostly about -2 or -3dB gain correction per source channel they work perfectly. An example are IR WAVs form the EU Listen project we discussed years ago:

The volume matching between the recording and IR WAVs is somehow broken in newer HQPlayer versions. The same settings with the same IR WAVs as in older HQPlayer versions lead to strange clipping. It didn't help to lower gain in the 2nd column to for example -30dB. The volume knob is red, sound is loud.

I don't know if nobody uses IRs with Matrix Pipeline ... or something should be set differently since older versions?

Just curious but how effective is the HRTF binaural virtualization do you use your own measured HRTF or...?

6 minutes ago, Yviena said:

Just curious but how effective is the HRTF binaural virtualization do you use your own measured HRTF or...?

I'm not using my own measurements. The procedure is:

1. Choose your head http://recherche.ircam.fr/equipes/salles/listen/sounds.html

Let's your head is 1055

2. Download zip for head 1055 http://recherche.ircam.fr/equipes/salles/listen/download.html

Extract stereo HRTF files for source 30 degrees left and 330 degrees left (that means 30 degrees right)
3. These two stereo IR WAVs can be directly set in foobar stereo convolver, JRiver etc.

For use with HQPlayer you need to split them to mono WAVs for example in Audacity or SoX - see the picture

Meaning of the numbers in WAV filenames: 195 is the distance in cm from listener (nearfield simulation), 30 or 330 is angle, 0000 is height above ears.

How it is effective ... try it self! The latest HQPlayer version which works well in this regard is probably 4.5, maybe 4.6.
I am using this one or other (for example Panagement 2) with all recordings. They help most  with stereo recordings which sound too aggressively near in front of face using headphones. It significantly improves stereo image.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
4 hours ago, bogi said:

I'll check, but the files in ZIP are T000 and T030. Are these correct? Because it doesn't match with the files shown in the screenshot. In 4.8.0, if you plot the frequency and phase response, how does it look like?

8 minutes ago, bogi said:

I will correct it in a minute ...

And by the way, please check that you don't have anything you don't want at Convolution engine side. On 4.8 version these two were split completely, and you can now have both active at the same time for different purposes.

But there were some configuration file migration features for a while...