IGNORED

HQ Player

1 minute ago, ambre said:

Hi Chris, RA Loopback2 is regulary updated. Also yesterday=> due to the new M1 chip of Apple.

I can recommend wholeheartedly this app. Ps. Before Loopback RA used Soundflower may be this was different. May be you can give it a new try. Free limited download available for a fresh new equation!

Regards, Andreas

I will do this. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

21 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

Yes, HQPlayer Desktop, Qobuz app and VB Cable on the same mac mini connected through ethernet to NAA endpoint. Rogue Amoeba Loopback also works in this setup, 20 min trial time.

thanks for the tip.
as soon as i get home i try it in the main system.
I tried it on the fly on the mac-air and everything seems ok. 👌

sistema:

Server HDPlex (i7-6700-WS2016) HQPlayer con Ramdisk + HQPDcontrol > Macmini (roon core+Qobuz) o HQPlayer Client + Qobuz > HDPlex NAA (celeron G1840T-WS2016) NAD con Ramdisk, o miniPC Fitlet con immagine di Miska > Denafrips Ares2 , SPLvolume2 > Monitor KH+sub

1 hour ago, AnotherSpin said:

You welcome. Do not forget you need to choose CD quality in Qobuz and audio:default/44100/2 in HQP4 - accordingly to @ambre instructions above. 

yes, that's what I did. 😉

Schermata 2020-11-20 alle 19.39.51.png

sistema:

Server HDPlex (i7-6700-WS2016) HQPlayer con Ramdisk + HQPDcontrol > Macmini (roon core+Qobuz) o HQPlayer Client + Qobuz > HDPlex NAA (celeron G1840T-WS2016) NAD con Ramdisk, o miniPC Fitlet con immagine di Miska > Denafrips Ares2 , SPLvolume2 > Monitor KH+sub

I've been wondering this below "issue" for awhile now and can't quite figure it out.

I use HQPlayer through Roon with ASDM7EC modulator and Sinc-M filter. Everything converted to DSD256.

When using 384kHz (131k taps) convolution filter and short buffer ticked, I get almost no delay (it's under a second) when I press play on Roon (RBCD source). Track time in Roon GUI is pretty much in sync with audio when next track starts.

However, when I use 192kHz (131k taps) convolution filter I get several seconds delay.

Every other setting is same on HQP and DRC SW.

384k filter does have only ~170msec latency built in it due to time domain correction compared to ~340msec on 192k filter. That partly explains why 384k filter is "faster", but not the several seconds difference.

So my question is, does that latency difference somehow multiply because how Sinc-M is processed in HQP or what's the reason ?

48 minutes ago, rikirk said:

@Miska for Emm Labs FPGA would you consider feeding the DAC with up-sampled Redbook in PCM or already converted to DSD as DoP?

Also, is 20 bit the most accurate choice for DAC bits option in the settings?

I'm using Msync as oversampling filter both PCM and DSD.

Since the EMM Labs is a DSD DAC, I'd feed it with highest possible rate DSD always.

With such DAC, in case you send PCM, maybe just leave DAC Bits to "Default",  and use LNS15 noise shaper at highest possible PCM rate.  Since sending PCM there will have bunch of additional DSP performed, so best starting point is highest possible resolution unless you know exact other value to use.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

13 hours ago, kohmelo said:

So my question is, does that latency difference somehow multiply because how Sinc-M is processed in HQP or what's the reason ?

There shouldn't be much interaction, although the latency get accumulated. However, the way filters are processed and the internal analysis of the filters may cause difference in the final delay. IOW, how long the filter effectively is.

sinc-M is unusual filter in the way that is is fixed length. Most filters vary length depending on conversion factor - giving always same frequency response and delay.

19 minutes ago, bibo01 said:

Have you also looked into the recent "Tidal Connect"?!

I don't know what that is. I can only see some marketing babble by searching it up. And "register interest" which means Tidal responding "we are not interested in HQPlayer". Yeah, I asked them earlier and response was pretty much "fuck off".

1 minute ago, Miska said:

I don't know what that is. I can only see some marketing babble by searching it up. And "register interest" which means Tidal responding "we are not interested in HQPlayer".

In general with Tidal Connect you can use Tidal app as a simple library catalog and send audio stream directly to a device, bypassing software decode from the app.

I believe that Spotify has made available something similar too - Spotify Connect.

I hope things open up with Tidal...Qobuz would be even better.

7 hours ago, Miska said:

Tidal responding "we are not interested in HQPlayer". 

but it's strange ....🤔
on a forum read by half the planet (audiophilestyle) there is a tread with almost 2 million views and almost 20,000 replies (I'm talking about hqplayer) and this is not interesting for tidal? ....

sistema:

17 minutes ago, giordy60 said:

but it's strange ....🤔
on a forum read by half the planet (audiophilestyle) there is a tread with almost 2 million views and almost 20,000 replies (I'm talking about hqplayer) and this is not interesting for tidal? ....

You can use Roon or Audirvana or mConnect apps to play Tidal direct to a HQPlayer Embedded machine.

HQP Embedded is definitely the best way to experience HQP !

You can even use the Tidal app, if you use something like the Up Board Gateway and HQPe's USB Audio Class input feature

And now it's the same price as Desktop version, so price isn't an excuse.

i already have roon
I was hoping that HQP desktop could direct tidal / qobuz streamer without switching from another player.

.....and control everything with HQPDControl ....😎

sistema:

Dovrei comprare un'altra licenza per hqplayer ..... dopo quella per mac e quella per win ..... ora devo comprare anche l'embedded 😔.......😉

sistema:

7 minutes ago, giordy60 said:

Dovrei comprare un'altra licenza per hqplayer ..... dopo quella per mac e quella per win ..... ora devo comprare anche l'embedded 😔.......😉

You should have started with Embedded ;-) 

Anyway there are solutions already. I'm just sharing experience in case some people are not aware :-)

5 minutes ago, asdf1000 said:

You should have started with Embedded ;-) 

to know first.....

6 minutes ago, asdf1000 said:

Anyway there are solutions already. I'm just sharing experience in case some people are not aware :-)

I follow you..😉

sistema:

On 11/20/2020 at 3:53 AM, Miska said:

trying to look at the parametric equalizer but I can't open all the tabs because I'm not licensed, any screenshots of the parametric equalizer?

It is part of the matrix pipeline setup, see the help page there about the "Process" column.

Here's one example setup, for 3 dB bass boost below 200 Hz.

Screenshot_2020-11-22_23-15-20.thumb.png.148eb4d60d2b80692508cca131bd3108.png

The exact definition is as follows:

iir:type=lshelf;f=200;s=1.0;g=3

This tells it is "iir" plugin, with parameters telling type is low shelf, with corner frequency at 200 Hz, steepness factor 1 and has +3 dB gain. This gain boost is compensated with the overall pipeline gain of -3 dB to avoid clipping.

You can add as many such sections as you like by comma separating each plugin description.

Details of possibilities are listed on the said help page.

On 11/19/2020 at 7:52 PM, Miska said:

You are playing audio to WDM output device. But I'm pretty sure JRiver is not getting it's input from WDM input device, but instead by other means bypassing the WDM completely. This is not something that happens with loopback drivers that have WDM on both sides.

But does JRiver support that same feature also on macOS and Linux?

Hi Miska,

JRiver _is_ the WDM driver if you want it to be.  It's exactly as if you were playing to an audio sound device.

No, this feature isn't available on Linux or MacOS.  Only Windows.

Jim Hillegass / JRiver Media Center / jriver.com

13 minutes ago, jriver said:

JRiver _is_ the WDM driver if you want it to be.  It's exactly as if you were playing to an audio sound device.

Yeah, sure, I don't have doubts about that. But not the two-sided thing a loop-back adapter drivers are, where there is Windows audio API at both sides? JRiver has the Windows audio API only facing to the other application?

16 minutes ago, Miska said:

Yeah, sure, I don't have doubts about that. But not the two-sided thing a loop-back adapter drivers are, where there is Windows audio API at both sides? JRiver has the Windows audio API only facing to the other application?

Hi @MiskaSpeaking of sound cards, since you've now done a fantastic job with making HQP Embedded device USB Class Audio device with specific hardware + USB cable, does this mean you now have a path to making HQPe a sound card but completely over the network, no USB cable or other specific hardware required?

For macOS , for example? I imagine Windows is harder