IGNORED

HQ Player

Hi @Miska

Today I have an issue never happened before.

SonicTransporter with HQPlayer embedded into opticalRendu. 

Music playing one or three seconds then stop one second and play again. 

With RAAT it seems OK

Yesterday I enabled flow control in my Cisco Uplink port, but it was ok just after that. That’s the only change I’ve done. Made some restarts today. Don’t help. 

Suggestions what causes can be ?

5 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Yesterday I enabled flow control in my Cisco Uplink port, but it was ok just after that. That’s the only change I’ve done. Made some restarts today. Don’t help. 

You need to have it enabled on all involved ports. So at minimum for the one where Rendu is and the one where HQPlayer is.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

1 hour ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

Finally, finally got a PC that can sustain ASDM7EC stutter free.  Feeding a Topping D90 using networkaudiod, it's just sublime.  👍

Do you use PCM->DSD conversion with D90? If yes, does D90 support 48k based DSD sample rates in native DSD mode, such as 48x128 = 6.144MHz (48k variant of DSD128), 12.288 (DSD256), 24.476 (DSD512) ?

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
On 10/20/2020 at 1:16 PM, Samuel T Cogley said:

Finally, finally got a PC that can sustain ASDM7EC stutter free.  Feeding a Topping D90 using networkaudiod, it's just sublime.  👍

Sweet! Please share what type of horsepower the conducive PC sports.

Thanks!

Desktop: HQ Player --> Singxer SU-1 --> Matrix X-Sabre Pro --> McChanson SuperSilver UltimatE

Headphones: Audeze MM-500, Meze Audio Elite, Focal Utopia 2022, Focal Bathys (Wireless)

Portable Gear: Hiby RS6, xDuoo XD05 Bal 2, FiiO BTR7, Creative BT-W5, FiiTii HiFiDots TWS

Nearfield Active Speakers: Audioengine HD3 

Power Conditioning: Furman Elite-15 PFi

22 hours ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

The 48k flavors are typically not supported by Windows drivers.  My understanding ( @Miska  knows better than I) is that the Windows driver(s) only support the 44.1k flavors for esoteric reasons.  I have not tried the D90 on an Apple or Linux host.  I might do that at some point.

So yes, I'm having to resample 48k material to 44.1k.  I just use a filter that supports conversion between the sampling rate families (poly-sync-lp mostly for me).

Interesting. Because expect of my old Gustard DAC (which supports only DoP and 48k DSD bitrates work always under DoP) I have also Topping E30 and I am using it on Windows. It has XMOS USB interface with Thesycon based ASIO drivers like the most of DACs today. It is able to play 48k based DSD content in native DSD mode if previously 48k based PCM content was played. If not, it still plays, but slower in ratio 44.1/48. Switching to DoP and back to native fixes the playback speed issue in that case. The driver Control Panel correctly displays the bitrate be it 44.1k or 48k based. I have the impression that in the E30 case the driver support for 48k based rates is here but the DAC firmware does not correctly switch between bitrate families.

Could you perhaps try the same based on my experience? I am curious if different Topping models behave same or differently.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
22 hours ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

The 48k flavors are typically not supported by Windows drivers.  My understanding ( @Miska  knows better than I) is that the Windows driver(s) only support the 44.1k flavors for esoteric reasons.  I have not tried the D90 on an Apple or Linux host.  I might do that at some point.

I think the problem is with Topping gears or maybe drivers, as i've had various XMOS based usb diy dacs using Thesycon drivers and i've been always able to play 48k-based files on my Windows system, without any resampling and using various software players (including hqplayer, of course)...

23 hours ago, jimdukey said:

Hi, I don't have any of the Dacs I mentioned, but am also interested in the answer to your question.

And i forget to mention I am on  Mac computer.

I know the ADI will get DSD 256 on Mac, but are the others limited to DSD 128 on Mac?

Will Mac get DSD 1024 at all?

DSD256 is maximum you can get through CoreAudio. With a Linux or Windows based NAA and suitable hardware you can get DSD1024 also from Mac, since then CoreAudio is not involved.

23 hours ago, jimdukey said:

Will Mac get DSD 1024 at all?

With Mac OS X you will have only DSD256!

I get DSD512 with Parallels and Ubuntu Studio, and I think DSD1024 is also possible with Linux!

I had DSD512 with bootcamp, ASIO and Windows 10 Pro, but latest releases go also up to DSD256...

BTW, Ubuntu Studio is the best sound OS for HQPlayer IMHO.

13 hours ago, Luca72c said:

i've been always able to play 48k-based files on my Windows system, without any resampling

We are not speaking about playing 48k based PCM files without any resampling or with PCM upsampling. We are speaking about 48k based DSD rates such as 6.144MHz, 12.288MHz, 24.476MHz. You can get such DSD rates by means of PCM->DSD upsampling.

ARES II DSD1024, PCM1536 DAC: Native DSD decoding support up to DSD1024 and PCM decoding supports up to PCM1536

I'm on a Mac Computer.

Will this Dac get DSD 256, 512, or 1024 on it with HQ Player?

I'm afraid I don't really know what Native DSD Decoding vs DOP means in practical terms.

It's VERY reasonably priced!

TIA!

30 minutes ago, jimdukey said:

Well, as an Aries, I never saw that Ares spelling before this.

To me Ares is "RS".

Poor American Education?

Oh well, too late for me...

Aries is from Latin, it means "ram", as you most probably know. While Ares, name of God of War, is from ancient Greek, so the word is even earlier.

6 hours ago, bogi said:

We are not speaking about playing 48k based PCM files without any resampling or with PCM upsampling. We are speaking about 48k based DSD rates such as 6.144MHz, 12.288MHz, 24.476MHz. You can get such DSD rates by means of PCM->DSD upsampling.

Yes, i was talking about those too. I always played them on xmos and amanero transports using windows drivers, just had problems sometimes when passing from 44.1k based frequencies to 48k based ones and vice versa, a bit like you say - that led me to think it's a usb transport related issue more than driver related...

Thanks. I was only surprised by your formulation

23 hours ago, Luca72c said:

48k-based files on my Windows system, without any resampling

as it indicated you have 48k based files and AFAIK no one distributes 48k based DSD files. You probably converted them from PCM. :)

On 10/24/2020 at 2:24 PM, Yviena said:

Just curious but wouldn't you be able to get CUDA, or equivalent functions for AMD cards via ROCm-HIP, or other libraries; it kind of sucks to be limited to NVIDIA GPU's...

That is quite close to CUDA and maybe usable. I would need to check if the library of support functions covers the needs.

Some support for Intel GPUs may be coming at some point too.

14 minutes ago, Miska said:

That is quite close to CUDA and maybe usable. I would need to check if the library of support functions covers the needs.

Some support for Intel GPUs may be coming at some point too.

Miska, it's my understanding that AMD cards works better with Linux than nVidia cards do.

No electron left behind.