IGNORED

HQ Player

I am currently very satisfied with HQPlayer which is sending DSD data through Amanero USB card to 2 discrete DSD DACs. If I want to add 2 channels more for low pass filtered L and low pass filtered R, I can compute it by convolution, but need something like 4 channels Amanero USB card (output with 1 clock signal and 4 DSD data signals). Can somebody recommend me suitable hardware?

3 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Using trial version of HQPlayer 4.Can not get to work.When using says access denied to my hard drive were music is stored.Go back to HQPlayer 3 and all works fine ???????????

If you are on Mac it asks you whether you want to permit HQPlayer to access a removable drive. If you don't permit that, it won't have access.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

On 9/28/2020 at 12:26 AM, SunYang said:

I am currently very satisfied with HQPlayer which is sending DSD data through Amanero USB card to 2 discrete DSD DACs. If I want to add 2 channels more for low pass filtered L and low pass filtered R, I can compute it by convolution, but need something like 4 channels Amanero USB card (output with 1 clock signal and 4 DSD data signals). Can somebody recommend me suitable hardware?

I'm taking you want to go the diy route?

You can use these:

https://www.minidsp.com/products/usb-audio-interface/mchstreamer

And as for NAA you could use the Beaglebone Black, which supports 4 channels at up to dsd256.

https://puredsd.ru/

Scroll down to the bottom for the firmware, but this image needs more editing for supporting 4 channels.

Rather off topic, maybe better via DM.

I am running into some issues with HQPlayer4Desktop 4.70 or 4.71.  I have been using NAA installed on a SoTm sMS 200, and it had been working very well with 4.4 in the past.  I noticed that when I am using 4.7, at the beginning of launching the program, I experienced pops and cracks.  I can get rid of it by shutting down and restart the HQP4Desktop twice or three times.  When I switched back to HQPlayer4Desktop 4.4, everything goes back to normal immediately.  

Any suggestion regarding the the root cause and the way to remedy the problem?  

On 9/30/2020 at 7:29 PM, Mahler and Bach on Computer said:

I am running into some issues with HQPlayer4Desktop 4.70 or 4.71.  I have been using NAA installed on a SoTm sMS 200, and it had been working very well with 4.4 in the past.  I noticed that when I am using 4.7, at the beginning of launching the program, I experienced pops and cracks.  I can get rid of it by shutting down and restart the HQP4Desktop twice or three times.  When I switched back to HQPlayer4Desktop 4.4, everything goes back to normal immediately.  

Any suggestion regarding the the root cause and the way to remedy the problem?  

Have you checked the NAA software module on your sMS-200 is latest 4.1.1?

When HQPlayer is started, it doesn't play anything, so it shouldn't cause any sounds either. Have you tried connecting your DAC directly to the HQPlayer computer instead of sMS-200? Does it change the situation?

2 hours ago, Miska said:

Have you checked the NAA software module on your sMS-200 is latest 4.1.1?

When HQPlayer is started, it doesn't play anything, so it shouldn't cause any sounds either. Have you tried connecting your DAC directly to the HQPlayer computer instead of sMS-200? Does it change the situation?

@Miska, I have checked NAA on sMS 200, it is listed as version 4.1.1.

I will try the direct USB to DAC connection in coming days.

Thank you very much!

@Miska -- quick question i can't find the answer for.  are the output mode and output filters output device specific?  so if i have two naa devices, will the saved output settings change as i change the output device?

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

Hey @Miska or others who might know - 2 things that I'm stumped on - 

1) I can't get DSD to play from an AISO backend, but with NAA it works.  This is especially confusing because I've been converting to DSD for months with no issue - all of a sudden it just stopped working.  I switched out the DAC - same thing.  I also downloaded a DSF file and tried playing in HQP Client - no dice.  Weird, huh?

2) Recently, I'm getting blasted by extremely loud distortion at random times.  This happens regardless of the dac I use.  

12 hours ago, WilliamWykeham said:

1) I can't get DSD to play from an AISO backend, but with NAA it works.  This is especially confusing because I've been converting to DSD for months with no issue - all of a sudden it just stopped working.  I switched out the DAC - same thing.  I also downloaded a DSF file and tried playing in HQP Client - no dice.  Weird, huh?

Which DAC is it?

12 hours ago, WilliamWykeham said:

2) Recently, I'm getting blasted by extremely loud distortion at random times.  This happens regardless of the dac I use.

Please check your USB cable, you could try replacing it with another standard, cheap USB HiSpeed certified one.

Such things can happen if there's a USB transfer error.

22 hours ago, jcn3 said:

@Miska -- quick question i can't find the answer for.  are the output mode and output filters output device specific?  so if i have two naa devices, will the saved output settings change as i change the output device?

No, they are not. But if you want two sets of settings, you can use the settings export/import feature from File-menu to switch between different configurations. This includes also selection of output device.

Hello Miska! I would like to ask you why HQPlayer starts the QWAVE service? I always stop it because I think the sound is more coherent, more complete, while with qwave started the focus shifts more to the "background" sounds.
sorry if the question is stupid 😉
regards
On 6/27/2020 at 3:39 PM, Gavin1977 said:

HQPlayer embedded works great as a UPnP AV Renderer, but I want to run the same thing in Windows (T+A DAC 8 Drivers allow full sample rate in Windows).

Any way of getting the UPnP AV Renderer functionality in Windows?

Anyone had any further ideas on this?  I've found that Open Home player is a great piece of software for windows, but no way of passing through to HQ Player, it only outputs PCM straight to DAC.

I know Miska said that "UPnP feature the way it is implemented now in Embedded is not feasible for Desktop", but perhaps the Open Home Player code is?

10 hours ago, Zaza said:
Hello Miska! I would like to ask you why HQPlayer starts the QWAVE service? I always stop it because I think the sound is more coherent, more complete, while with qwave started the focus shifts more to the "background" sounds.

Because HQPlayer uses it! :)

Note that turning off any services may make HQPlayer performance suffer or break HQPlayer altogether.

Hi there,

I think I have killed my install of HQPlayer desktop! Now it refused to load and just sits there on the initial splash screen. I have uninstalled and re-installed but to no avail.

How do I fix it? Thanks.

Edit - I think I have fixed it now, not sure why I couldnt before but its working now. Thanks.

16 hours ago, Gavin1977 said:

Anyone had any further ideas on this?  I've found that Open Home player is a great piece of software for windows, but no way of passing through to HQ Player, it only outputs PCM straight to DAC.

I know Miska said that "UPnP feature the way it is implemented now in Embedded is not feasible for Desktop", but perhaps the Open Home Player code is?

Maybe one day it'll work under WSL. Last time I tried it was the UPnP component that failed. But Microsoft is actively developing WSL so there is hope. You would still need to have NAA somewhere, either at native Windows side on the same machine or somewhere else for audio input/output, but that is not a problem or at least lesser one.

11 hours ago, Miska said:

Perché HQPlayer lo usa! :)

Tieni presente che la disattivazione di qualsiasi servizio potrebbe compromettere le prestazioni di HQPlayer o interrompere del tutto HQPlayer.

Of course... Thanks for the reply!

Regards

Hi Miska

New user here. I'm using HQPlayer to upsample my CDRips to 24/192, and quite satisfied with the result. Just two questions for you.

1. I'm using a firewire computer interface Prism Sound Orpheus. When I was changing clock sync source from local to external or the other way, HQPlayer would simply disappear and I needed to restart it again. It's not that I will do that quite often but am just curious why.

2. If I use a Firewire/USB interface for digital output and connect external DAC via AES connection, will HQPlayer still work as good as it should with such a configuration?

Thanks