IGNORED

HQ Player

1 hour ago, austinpop said:

I'm trying to understand clipping. Are there any scenarios where the volume knob turns red, but the "Limited" count stays at 0? Shouldn't the red knob correspond to a non-zero count?

This is with PCM to PCM, sinc-M, LNS15, 768k.

HQPlayer 4 Desktop 4.60, Windows 10.

I have seen the red volume knob with zero in the counter as well. Maybe it is just on the edge but not enough to trigger the limiter.

On 8/28/2020 at 9:09 PM, Yviena said:

@Miska Would you recommend to leave dac bits at 32 for AKM/ESS dac's in PCM mode,  or use 21-22 bits for linearity with volume control done via analog pot?

I would leave it at 32, because you cannot do much to linearize SDM DACs through PCM inputs. Only way is to run those in DSD Direct mode.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

40 minutes ago, Theobetley said:

I downloaded the new HQP version 470(available 9/1/20) and it runs but then locks up with no ability to play music. I then went back to a prior version (460) and it stops running too. What is going on?

Before installing new or old version, remember to uninstall the previous one, just in case that no old files are left behind.

At which point it locks up? Which OS? Any errors shown on status bar when it locks up?

2 minutes ago, Yviena said:

If it's  like the other EC modulators then it's  impossible currently to use it with DSD512

In real-time. Offline with HQP Pro is the only solution currently. 

For me, 4.70 causes dropouts every 10-15 seconds. I then reinstalled 4.60 and everything is fine again.

I would have liked to have created a log, but malfunction prevented me from doing so. When I restarted HQPlayer, I got into the overload (there is a log). 4.70 creates a file after shutdown, which also affected 4.60 (unfortunately I didn't remember the name). 4.60 also went into overload. I first had to delete the file from 4.70, then it was allowed to completely re-enter my settings and license. Now it's working again. Very strange.

3 hours ago, StreamFidelity said:

For me, 4.70 causes dropouts every 10-15 seconds.

On i9-9900K on macOS and i9-10900K on Windows the load figures look lower and more steady for me. No dropouts.

Note that if you use CUDA offload, 4.7 moved to CUDA 11 and thus requires newer Nvidia drivers than 4.6.

10 minutes ago, Miska said:

On i9-9900K on macOS and i9-10900K on Windows the load figures look lower and more steady for me. No dropouts.

Hi Jussi,

thanks for checking out. I will install version 2.70 again tomorrow. Maybe the Denafrips Terminator USB driver had a problem on Windows 10 Pro. That had to reinstall.

Best wishes

Gabriel

1 hour ago, Zauurx said:

After Crosfeed.. 432hz plugin ?? ;)

https://432evo.be/index.php/what-is-432hz-tuning/

I don't know what that sounds like to listen.
You must have an EVO server to test while it is a "pitch" plugin, is it perhaps interesting ?

What do you think about that, Miska ?

I don't think we would notice much of a difference... it's a bit lower (ie, lower in pitch) but I don't think I would realise unless I could compare it with a normal 440hz version side by side. That's my very humble view on it. It might sound better, nonetheless, but the difference is not that big.

5 hours ago, craighartley said:

I asked the question because the new EC modulator is included in HQ Desktop with the advice that it is for 512+ rates. 

I am confused about this as well. Why include a modulator that no one can run? Unless there is a processor that can run at 8 Ghz that I am unaware of or there is some modification to the ASDM7EC 512+ fs pseudo multi bit modulator that will allow it to run at 4-5 Ghz then this will just generate a lot of "this is broken" comments. Also, which DACs is this for? There is only a vague reference to "certain DACs". I also checked the manual and there is nothing there either. I have run the non-EC version of this before on my Holo Spring 2 and it sounded quite good but I still preferred ASDM7EC at 256.

31 minutes ago, bobflood said:

I am confused about this as well. Why include a modulator that no one can run? Unless there is a processor that can run at 8 Ghz that I am unaware of or there is some modification to the ASDM7EC 512+ fs pseudo multi bit modulator that will allow it to run at 4-5 Ghz then this will just generate a lot of "this is broken" comments.

It just comes automatically as part of updates that were also made for HQPlayer 4 Pro earlier.

Just like many games include high detail level settings that you cannot run on any currently existing hardware at the time of launch. Including Microsoft Flight Simulator which did that already in early 90's. Eventually it will likely work on some future CPU. Or maybe someone manages to overclock 10900K enough.

35 minutes ago, bobflood said:

Also, which DACs is this for? There is only a vague reference to "certain DACs".

Things like discrete multi-element analog-FIR type converters, like Holo Audio and T+A. Especially at DSD1024 rates.

25 minutes ago, Miska said:

It just comes automatically as part of updates that were also made for HQPlayer 4 Pro earlier.

Just like many games include high detail level settings that you cannot run on any currently existing hardware at the time of launch. Including Microsoft Flight Simulator which did that already in early 90's. Eventually it will likely work on some future CPU. Or maybe someone manages to overclock 10900K enough.

Things like discrete multi-element analog-FIR type converters, like Holo Audio and T+A. Especially at DSD1024 rates.

Got it. Thanks 

16 minutes ago, bobflood said:

I am getting drop outs using 4.7 with ASDM7EC@256. OS is Win 10. Rolled back to 4.6 and all is OK again.

What CPU do you have? Please make sure to uninstall old version before installing new one. And also check that you are using stock Win 10 with power profile set to High Performance or Ultimate Performance.

I've tested 4.7 with ASDM7EC at DSD256 on three i9 machines, one macOS, two Win 10. I've also tested it on Linux with Xeon W-2245 CPU.

It would be good to catch what is different between my testing and the cases here.

Jussi, I have an i5 8400 running at 3.9 Ghz on ASUS Z370I MB in the highest performance level. I always uninstall the old HQP before loading the new. I changed nothing else before uploading 4.7 and as I said when I rolled back to 4.6 all worked normally. I will continue to use 4.6 for now. I saw above that others were reporting the same issue so something is amiss.  Bob

4 hours ago, Miska said:

What CPU do you have? Please make sure to uninstall old version before installing new one. And also check that you are using stock Win 10 with power profile set to High Performance or Ultimate Performance.

I've tested 4.7 with ASDM7EC at DSD256 on three i9 machines, one macOS, two Win 10. I've also tested it on Linux with Xeon W-2245 CPU.

It would be good to catch what is different between my testing and the cases here.

Where to find change log?