freesteve

HQ Player

Rate this topic

14 hours ago, Theobetley said:

If I load dsf and pcm files I can play pcm fine the when the next file dsf it plays fine. But not th3 other way around. Going to pcm from dsf it appears to play on the display , plus I see the lights blinking on my Rendu but no music plays. If I shut down Hqp then restart the pcm file plays fine. Problem with settings? I enable adaptive rate.

You could email me a log file of such happening, maybe it tells what is going wrong. I just tested with this combo and it works fine for me:

Screenshot_2020-03-22_14-18-20.thumb.png.8f5c8f9c063886906daeb6cb1d489b88.png

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

52 minutes ago, Miska said:

You could email me a log file of such happening, maybe it tells what is going wrong. I just tested with this combo and it works fine for me:

Screenshot_2020-03-22_14-18-20.thumb.png.8f5c8f9c063886906daeb6cb1d489b88.png

Where is the log file again? Cant seem to find.

1 hour ago, Theobetley said:

I only find a log file from 2019 not 2020

Check that it is enabled in settings and restart HQPlayer.

On 3/22/2020 at 11:32 AM, Miska said:

Check that it is enabled in settings and restart HQPlayer.

Tried it same result.

38 minutes ago, Theobetley said:

Tried it same result.

I believe that HQP just appends the latest session to the end of the existing log. Can you open the log file (text format) and check the date stamps, probably at the bottom of the file?

Or you can move the existing file to a new name (e.g. *.old) so that when you start up HQP a new log file is created, assuming you have the Log File box checked in settings.

Eric

Ubuntu Studio Linux box (i7-9700, 8 cores, 16GB RAM, Intel X520-DA1 NIC, Roon, HQP) > fiber optic > MikroTik CRS305-1G-4S+ > fiber optic > opticalRendu (HQP NAA) > Holo Cyan (DSD version) > Nord One UP NC500MB mono blocks > Klipsch La Scala — digital volume control with HQP via Roon client

13 minutes ago, Theobetley said:

Because I lost it what is the name of logfile in Hqp 4?

HQPlayer4Desktop.log , there is more info about log files in Troubleshooting section of the manual.

Here is my logfile

HQPlayer4Desktop.log

tedfile.txt

Just noticed i had dop selected in settings while I have dsd selected in my Rendu. Changed it and now it works ok. Sorry Jussi.

Jussi so to  fix my problem I select none in the   None/Dop in Settings dropdown box. But even though I save it keeps reverting back to DOP 

C:\Users\theob\Downloads\HQPlayer4Desktop.log

3 hours ago, Theobetley said:

Jussi so to  fix my problem I select none in the   None/Dop in Settings dropdown box. But even though I save it keeps reverting back to DOP 

Please send me email with a screenshot of what you mean, let's not pollute this thread with too many posts about this.

Hmm interesting AKM for their newest chips coming late 2021 has decided to separate the modulator into another package, and do interpolation to 256Fs while still keeping the modulator multi-bit, would this be better than the 1-bit streams we send now? @Miska

@Miska

Could you please explain the "Change output stream start/stop handling" in 4.3.3 version? Thanks.

Software: Roon, Tidal, HQplayer 

HQplayer PC: i9 7980XE, Titan Xp; i9 9900K, Titan V

DAC: Holo Audio MAY L2, T+A DAC8 DSD, exasound e12, iFi micro iDSD BL

USB tweaks: Intona, Uptone (ISO) regen, LPS-1, LPS-1.2, Sbooster Vbus2, Curious cables, SUPRA Certified HiSpeed USB cable

NAA: Logic CL100, Uptone JS-2

AMP: Spectral DMC 30SV, Spectral DMA 300RS

Speaker: Magico S3 MKII

I have a DSD128 capable dac over DoP and I would like to ask about the difference between the  44.1x128 option and the 48x128 Bitrate (limit) one. What is the difference between these two toggles? Thank you.

"high fidelity” -> being faithful, accuracy in details; “the degree to which an electronic device accurately reproduces sound

6 minutes ago, Peti said:

I have a DSD128 capable dac over DoP and I would like to ask about the difference between the  44.1x128 option and the 48x128 Bitrate (limit) one. What is the difference between these two toggles? Thank you.

44.1x128 = 5.6MHz, 48x128 = 6.144MHz. For each DSD rate, there are 44.1 and 48 variants. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_Stream_Digital 

Eric

Ubuntu Studio Linux box (i7-9700, 8 cores, 16GB RAM, Intel X520-DA1 NIC, Roon, HQP) > fiber optic > MikroTik CRS305-1G-4S+ > fiber optic > opticalRendu (HQP NAA) > Holo Cyan (DSD version) > Nord One UP NC500MB mono blocks > Klipsch La Scala — digital volume control with HQP via Roon client

On 3/27/2020 at 2:49 PM, louisxiawei said:

@Miska

Could you please explain the "Change output stream start/stop handling" in 4.3.3 version? Thanks.

There is different kind of silence playback at start and stop, no more basic silence patterns but instead silence generated by the modulator.

hi ,   Miska  thank you  for your wonderfull HQP 4 very usefull  during these long days home 🙂

i was wondering if it would be possible in future update to have a separate bit rate setting for PCM TO DSD and DSD to DSD

as this wie could have 512fs with DSD when using 256 EC for PCM ...

stay home..

PC audio /Roon + HQPLAYER / INTONA /T+A DSD8 dac / /  VFET NEMESIS amp / EMS field coil speaker

1 minute ago, juanitox said:

hi ,   Miska  thank you  for your wonderfull HQP 4 very usefull  during these long days home 🙂

i was wondering if it would be possible in future update to have a separate bit rate setting for PCM TO DSD and DSD to DSD

stay home..

Totally agree on the HQP 4!  I miss the drop-down menus for selecting filters / modulators / output rate.

3 hours ago, juanitox said:

I kind of wonder why you wouldn't use the EC also for DSD?

3 hours ago, Solstice380 said:

Totally agree on the HQP 4!  I miss the drop-down menus for selecting filters / modulators / output rate.

The drop-down menus are still there!?

27 minutes ago, Miska said:

I kind of wonder why you wouldn't use the EC also for DSD?

i thought that for DSD to DSD conversion it was the IRR or FIR modulator who was in charge not the PCM to DSD  , i was wrong  :)

PC audio /Roon + HQPLAYER / INTONA /T+A DSD8 dac / /  VFET NEMESIS amp / EMS field coil speaker

13 minutes ago, juanitox said:

i thought that for DSD to DSD conversion it was the IRR or FIR modulator who was in charge not the PCM to DSD  , i was wrong  :)

For DSD output you always need a modulator. Modulator setting is not specific for PCM or DSD sources. I hope this information is quite clearly indicated in the status displays too.

31 minutes ago, Solstice380 said:

On Win10 I have not had the drop-down menus in HQP 4 Desktop, Hi DPI or No style.  Now on Win10 Build 1909.

image.thumb.png.812f0eace32e8e80633d1649bcc2e98a.png

The drop downs are on the client side, I use them often and they work well.

Annotation 2020-03-29 104327.jpg

HQ Player --> iGalvanic3.0 --> Singxer SU-1 --> Matrix X-Sabre Pro --> Feliks Audio Elise Mark II 

Headphone: ZMF Auteur (Walnut) / Headphone Cable: Norne Silvergarde S3

Power Conditioning: Furman Elite-15 PF i