IGNORED

HQ Player

Just now, craighartley said:

How do I use Embedded with MConnect?

Embedded should appear as a renderer you can select, this is from mConnect Player:

Screenshot_20200223-125510.thumb.png.f1bd27dfa2f58d96bd3c40430a404fc0.png

And same in BubbleUPnP:

Screenshot_20200223-125435.thumb.png.41978e1be4b0051c8552476d236317f5.png

5 minutes ago, craighartley said:

What do I need to select in HQPlayer Input?

Some compatible input device, for example with optical and coaxial S/PDIF and possibly AES/EBU inputs. On HQPlayer 4 Desktop, you can configure these in the Settings under "Input Device Settings". Then it appears under "Content Source URI" where you can select the input and press enter to load it to the transport. Or alternatively select it from HQPlayer Client list in the top right corner of playback view.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

53 minutes ago, Miska said:

Yes, it is a separate product.

Choices are either using Roon, or digital inputs from an external device. Note that all forms of digital inputs don't support automatic switching of input sample rate. Most of the time lack of automatic switching is not an issue though.

Ok I have a server running audiolinux with HQP4 desktop, with a connection to a NUC with HQP naa then to my Lampi DAC.

Can you tell me what would constitute a digital input please?

18 minutes ago, dctom said:

Ok I have a server running audiolinux with HQP4 desktop, with a connection to a NUC with HQP naa then to my Lampi DAC.

Can you tell me what would constitute a digital input please?

I'm using RME ADI-2 Pro for the purpose. It has optical and coaxial S/PDIF, AES/EBU, and also of course analog input.

23 hours ago, Miska said:

When DirectSDM is enabled, volume control is fixed to about -3 dBFS. For safety reasons to avoid sudden volume changes when switching between DSD and PCM content.

Thanks Jussi, that is helpful.

I currently have the volume min set to -16 and vol max to -3. I usually don't look at HQ player much, as I am in the other room when listening therefore I missed the clipping indicator. I am at -5 on the main dial now, and keeping an eye out. Should I look to adjust the min/max further? I upscale all content (99% PCM) to DSD 256 at the moment ASDM7EC modulator and ply-sinc-ext2.

29 minutes ago, rossco said:

I currently have the volume min set to -16 and vol max to -3. I usually don't look at HQ player much, as I am in the other room when listening therefore I missed the clipping indicator. I am at -5 on the main dial now, and keeping an eye out. Should I look to adjust the min/max further? I upscale all content (99% PCM) to DSD 256 at the moment ASDM7EC modulator and ply-sinc-ext2.

You can use HQPlayer Client to monitor playback and adjust volume as needed, even if you don't use it much for playback controls.

On 2/9/2020 at 2:52 PM, Miska said:

I have some improvements in queue for next release, for multi-disc albums.

But where on earth do you find such download that have anything to do with disc numbers? Downloads shouldn't have anything to do with some ancient concept as "discs", since there are no "discs" involved anywhere. I have never seen it myself what I've been buying.

What I've been buying downloads they are just numbered as one huge album. For example Pink Floyd's "The Later Years Remastered" is just one set of 46 tracks in 96/24 FLAC, with 5 GB total size.

very common here as well.

lots of live concerts have been set up this way for a decade or more

On 2/9/2020 at 5:35 PM, Miska said:

In any case, I have made some changes for next release that hopefully helps with these multi-disc releases when stuffed into same folder. I have some multi-disc CD rips myself, but those are all in separate disc-specific folders.

thanks Miska.

I have many hundreds of such concerts with this issue.

I have moved my speakers and would like to export new EQ filters from REW to use in HQPlayer's convolution engine.

Which sample rates do I select when exporting the filter impulse response as WAV?

It's a Teac UD-501 and I upconvert everything to DSD128.

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

1 minute ago, semente said:

I have moved my speakers and would like to export new EQ filters from REW to use in HQPlayer's convolution engine.

Which sample rates do I select when exporting the filter impulse response as WAV?

It's a Teac UD-501 and I upconvert everything to DSD128.

Just export it in the highest format 384/32 bit, and have expand HF ticked on in HQplayer.

18 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

WebShop

HQPlayer Desktop

Important!
Try the software before buying, so that you know it will work for you as expected. Software will function for 30 minutes at a time without a license key. 
All sales are final and non-refundable!

Yes, I'm aware of it and took full advantage of the trial features. However, you can never predict how your usage situation might change. We are not asking for a refund rather some sort of transfer of license. HQP4 price is pretty steep and that makes it even more necessary for the end users.

15 hours ago, shahed99 said:

@Miska Regarding HQPlayer 4 license - You've mentioned how linux embedded and desktop is two different product. I was wondering if it is possible to convert (surrender) my HQP 4 desktop license to embedded license? It'll be of immense help if there's a way to do it.

Unfortunately not, both have quite a bit of separate development efforts and that's why they are two separate products. With the current model the prices are absolutely lowest I can afford. It also assumes there is minimal amount of manual work needed with the licenses, as I'm already very busy and would prefer to use as much time as possible to develop features and improve the products.

HQP4 price is pretty steep

It is of course very subjective, but I don't consider it steep. Many audiophiles spend more money on an interconnect cable than HQPlayer... Compared to any other audio component I consider price of HQPlayer very reasonable. There are not even many DACs that you could get for the same price!

33 minutes ago, Miska said:

Unfortunately not, both have quite a bit of separate development efforts and that's why they are two separate products. With the current model the prices are absolutely lowest I can afford. It also assumes there is minimal amount of manual work needed with the licenses, as I'm already very busy and would prefer to use as much time as possible to develop features and improve the products.

It is of course very subjective, but I don't consider it steep. Many audiophiles spend more money on an interconnect cable than HQPlayer... Compared to any other audio component I consider price of HQPlayer very reasonable. There are not even many DACs that you could get for the same price!

Agreed!  Fantastic product which has allowed many of use to not have to upgrade DAC's, speakers and even preamps!

@Miska have you made any recent updates that may have broken playback from Roon running on a NAS?  I remember I encountered this problem when I first upgraded from HQP version 3 to 4.  However, you made a change to a subsequent version and everything worked with Roon again.  However, I noticed that now i am having the same issues as before.  Playback starts fine but after 30-40 seconds music stops.  This happens with Redbook and high res files.  As I recall when I sent you my logs you said the issue was with the buffer setting in HQP.  I am sorry I cannot pinpoint the exact version of HQP that caused this issue to reappear because I upgraded multiple versions without playing music while my system was taken apart for some other upgrades.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Couple of questions...

My setup:

- Roon server sending stream to HQPlayer Desktop through network

- HQPlayer performing 2 way --> 8 way convolution and upsampling to DSD, poly-sync-lp-2s, DSD7 modulator, max DSD64

- Exasound E28 8 channel to a pair of DIY 4 way active speakers 

Couple of questions :

- documentation says that DSD5 or DSD7 preference depends on the type of DAC, I searched for Exasound DAC internal processing but could not figure out whether I should use DSD5 or DSD7. By hear there is a very tiny difference but just can't decide which one is best

- I have limited processing power so I am stuck with DSD64 if I want to play all PCM sources (DSD64 as a source causes stuttering). However DSD128 works if the source is 44.1k or 48k. Is there a way to configure HQPlayer such as x1 rates output as DSD128 and other rates limited to DSD64 ?

On 2/29/2020 at 6:02 PM, tboooe said:

@Miska have you made any recent updates that may have broken playback from Roon running on a NAS?  I remember I encountered this problem when I first upgraded from HQP version 3 to 4.  However, you made a change to a subsequent version and everything worked with Roon again.  However, I noticed that now i am having the same issues as before.  Playback starts fine but after 30-40 seconds music stops.  This happens with Redbook and high res files.  As I recall when I sent you my logs you said the issue was with the buffer setting in HQP.  I am sorry I cannot pinpoint the exact version of HQP that caused this issue to reappear because I upgraded multiple versions without playing music while my system was taken apart for some other upgrades.  

No changes to the streaming code since October 2019...

3 hours ago, alec_eiffel said:

- documentation says that DSD5 or DSD7 preference depends on the type of DAC, I searched for Exasound DAC internal processing but could not figure out whether I should use DSD5 or DSD7. By hear there is a very tiny difference but just can't decide which one is best

You get somewhat less ultrasonic noise output with for example ASDM5 than ASDM7.  But if that is not a problem with your gear, ASDM7 gives better results. And even better if you can run EC version of the modulator.

3 hours ago, alec_eiffel said:

- I have limited processing power so I am stuck with DSD64 if I want to play all PCM sources (DSD64 as a source causes stuttering). However DSD128 works if the source is 44.1k or 48k. Is there a way to configure HQPlayer such as x1 rates output as DSD128 and other rates limited to DSD64 ?

Not really, but this is clearly related to your filter choice, for which there is option for such case to select different filter for 1x and Nx source rates (Nx is >= 2x).