IGNORED

HQ Player

2 hours ago, StreamFidelity said:

I am using an i9-9900K CPU and have disabled hyperthreading because in fact only a maximum of 6 cores are used. I have no dropouts. The sound with the EC modulators is fantastic.

37179187kl.png

Hmm seems like HQplayer for me maxes out at around 4-5 cores. As CPU usage is around 23-25%, I know the problem with dropouts is somewhat related to windows thread scheduling as 4.2.0 works perfectly with Linux 18.04

3 hours ago, Yviena said:

Why does it seem to use SMT threads then if the 3700x is a octacore CPU?

I don't really get it tough if I disable core pinning, and manually select 4 cores behaviour should be the same as 4.1.0.1 correct?

If you have "Multicore DSP" checked, instead of grayed, it runs extra parallel jobs in the SMT threads. This was also done by the previous version with same setting. No changes on that. For "Multicore DSP" checked and EC modulators you need at least minimum of 6 cores for stereo. If you disable core pinning and manually select cores, and don't get what you expect, then the manual core selection is broken one way or the other.

So yes, it should behave pretty much the same since I didn't change other parts of the code.

3 hours ago, Yviena said:

I wonder if you will have the same problems with 3950x even if it has 16 cores I don't think HQplayer scales with more than 4-5

I don't have 3950X yet, because it is not available yet. AFAIK, AMD has not shipped it yet.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

11 minutes ago, Miska said:

If you have "Multicore DSP" checked, instead of grayed, it runs extra parallel jobs in the SMT threads. This was also done by the previous version with same setting. No changes on that. For "Multicore DSP" checked and EC modulators you need at least minimum of 6 cores for stereo. If you disable core pinning and manually select cores, and don't get what you expect, then the manual core selection is broken one way or the other.

So yes, it should behave pretty much the same since I didn't change other parts of the code.

I can confidently say it's somehow broken then as manually selecting cores in 4.1.0.1 I have no dropouts, while anything.over it especially 4.2.0 with core pinning disabled has.very frequent.dropouts if 

I wish I could just continue to use Linux but there's windows only software that I use, and I  would somehow need to rename the paths of over 100+ m3u8. Files to be compliant with the HDD address Linux uses. 

The IPC of 3700x should be equivalent to a 5ghz 9900k though so I think the CPU is powerful enough, just crippled by software aka windows.

32 minutes ago, Miska said:

Sorry, but I'm not able to reproduce this. If I click stop, and as fast as possible some other track on the playlist, it starts playing the other track without problems...

I know I'm not the only one with this issue.When I open task manger the cpu load and memory jump way up and then come back down but music doesn't start.Hit play button again and music starts.Does it both with HQPlayer ,and Hqplayer with Roon.

12 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Can someone explain in sdm defaults oversampling 1x and oversampling Nx.Should they be set to same filter or different.I have set them to same and get message might not be able to play 48k content ? 

I will have a go at explaining.

Oversampling 1x setting is used for 44.1 and 48 formats. Oversampling Nx setting is used for the higher resolutions of 44.1 (e.g. 88.2, 176.4) and 48 (e.g. 96, 192).

As for the 48k content, some DAC's like my Holo Cyan (DSD version) does NOT support 48 content. So, HQP will convert the 48k content into an appropriate 44.1k content before converting to DSD. Otherwise, HQP converts 44.1k content to the equivalent DSD (e.g. 2.8224 MHz) and the same for 48k (e.g. 3.072 MHz) content.

If your DAC does NOT support 48k content, you have to uncheck the one box (middle of the settings box) that talks about 48k DAC's.

If your DAC does support 48k content, check the box.

25 minutes ago, ericuco said:

Oversampling 1x setting is used for 44.1 and 48 formats. Oversampling Nx setting is used for the higher resolutions of 44.1 (e.g. 88.2, 176.4) and 48 (e.g. 96, 192).

As for the 48k content, some DAC's like my Holo Cyan (DSD version) does NOT support 48 content. So, HQP will convert the 48k content into an appropriate 44.1k content before converting to DSD. Otherwise, HQP converts 44.1k content to the equivalent DSD (e.g. 2.8224 MHz) and the same for 48k (e.g. 3.072 MHz) content.

If your DAC does NOT support 48k content, you have to uncheck the one box (middle of the settings box) that talks about 48k DAC's.

Thanks

4 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I know I'm not the only one with this issue.When I open task manger the cpu load and memory jump way up and then come back down but music doesn't start.Hit play button again and music starts.Does it both with HQPlayer ,and Hqplayer with Roon.

Unless I can reproduce this, it remains a bit of mystery. Although if I have a playlist in HQPlayer, I don't need to stop first, but I can just click another track in the playlsit to jump there without stopping first. But I was trying to reproduce it by hammering stop-button and clicking other tracks on the playlist as fast as I can, but I was not able to reproduce this problem.

If you are on Windows with a DAC specific driver, it could be something with the driver. If someone can reproduce it with generic UAC2 driver on Linux or macOS it is more straightforward.

1 hour ago, ericuco said:

My DAC (Holo) does not support and before there was the 48khz check box option I configured the upscale max bitrate as suggested on this site.  If I want to upsample to 5.2 MHz what should the 2 boxes the bit rate and rate limit boxes be set to?

thanks

20 minutes ago, mfalcon said:

My DAC (Holo) does not support and before there was the 48khz check box option I configured the upscale max bitrate as suggested on this site.  If I want to upsample to 5.2 MHz what should the 2 boxes the bit rate and rate limit boxes be set to?

thanks

If you are trying to use DSD128 for everything, I believe you need to

Uncheck the 48k DSD box (middle of setting panel)

Set Default Output Mode to SDM (DSD) (middle of setting panel)

Check the adaptive family box (bottom of setting panel) ... gray box also works instead of check

Set max rate under SDM section to 44.1 x 128

I purchased a full version of 3.x but then had massive PC issues and lost this HQPlayer install.

Sorry if beaten to death but is my purchase of 3.x worth anything toward current 4.x?  I try those key converters and they just seem dead - I just don't know what the process is for getting credit for my previous version.

Thanks for any help.

4 minutes ago, mfsoa said:

I purchased a full version of 3.x but then had massive PC issues and lost this HQPlayer install.

Sorry if beaten to death but is my purchase of 3.x worth anything toward current 4.x?  I try those key converters and they just seem dead - I just don't know what the process is for getting credit for my previous version.

Please send me email (address is on the web page) with purchase details, or from the email address used for the original order.

6 hours ago, ericuco said:

If you are trying to use DSD128 for everything, I believe you need to

Uncheck the 48k DSD box (middle of setting panel)

Set Default Output Mode to SDM (DSD) (middle of setting panel)

Check the adaptive family box (bottom of setting panel) ... gray box also works instead of check

Set max rate under SDM section to 44.1 x 128

I am trying to use DSD 512 for everything.  So I’ll set rate to 44.1 x 512.  This is what I have been doing for a long while but I didn’t know how the 48k dsd check box changed that.

it sounds like I should just keep doing it the way I have been and not worry about the check box.

thanks for you help.

8 hours ago, Miska said:

Unless I can reproduce this, it remains a bit of mystery. Although if I have a playlist in HQPlayer, I don't need to stop first, but I can just click another track in the playlsit to jump there without stopping first. But I was trying to reproduce it by hammering stop-button and clicking other tracks on the playlist as fast as I can, but I was not able to reproduce this problem.

If you are on Windows with a DAC specific driver, it could be something with the driver. If someone can reproduce it with generic UAC2 driver on Linux or macOS it is more straightforward.

Okay but like I said it doesn’t do it in HQPlayer 3

8 hours ago, Miska said:

Okay but like I said it doesn’t do it in HQPlayer 3

On 11/8/2019 at 7:50 PM, ambre said:

Hi Jussy,

REAL TIME Audio is not functioning in  release 4.2.0.  

I am not able to arrange real time audio input as described in Quick Start.

In 4.1.1. no problem at all. I have done the same routines as described in earlier post this week. But by far not succeeding doing the same job in 4.2.0. What did you changed?

Now again using  the old 4.1.1.

Ps This real time audio functionality  was for me the (main) reason to buy the 4.1.1  this week as upgrade from 3.25.

image.thumb.png.098f12959e47473b1db7db3f6bbb3846.png

I have had a similar problem, the various "audio:default" options disappeared after I updated HQPlayer last weekend.  This was a new install on a replacement PC.  As a simple workaround, I simply hand typed in "audio:default/44100/2" and the functionality reappeared, in terms of music playing at last.  This morning I have updated to 4.2.0 and have the same issue.

Not a big deal, thanks to the simple workaround, but hopefully this will be fixed in a future update.

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.