IGNORED

HQ Player

4 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

Desktop 4.2.0 works well, not a single problem! The new dark design looked a bit unusual at first, but now, after a few hours of use, the eye adjusted to it. Just out of curiosity, is there a way to switch to the previous light mode? The dark mode volume knob is slightly out of line with the overall design, imho.

Same here and the new PS long filter sounds great.

On 11/3/2019 at 3:24 PM, ambre said:

Hi Jussy, 

Since today I am  playing ITunes respectively Apple Music via HQP 4.1.1 by means of the new real time audio function of the HQP 4.1.1.                    A wonderful add-on.😁 

My setup is Apple iPad or Mac Book Pro sending via Airplay/Ethernet the music files  to an Airport express (with Optical Audio Out) and connected via a Toslink to a Mac Mini I7 (late 2012 ) with Optical input digital In. 

Sounds marvelous and a real extension of my music library.

Ps. I am able to upsample it to DSD 256 with " regular " NS/ Dither filters  and tot DSD 128 with the ASDM5EC or ASDM7E

Hi Jussy,

REAL TIME Audio is not functioning in  release 4.2.0.  

I am not able to arrange real time audio input as described in Quick Start.

In 4.1.1. no problem at all. I have done the same routines as described in earlier post this week. But by far not succeeding doing the same job in 4.2.0. What did you changed?

Now again using  the old 4.1.1.

Ps This real time audio functionality  was for me the (main) reason to buy the 4.1.1  this week as upgrade from 3.25.

image.thumb.png.098f12959e47473b1db7db3f6bbb3846.png

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

31 minutes ago, ambre said:

Hi Jussy,

In 4.1.1. no problem at all. I have done the same routines as described in earlier post this week. But by far not succeeding doing the same job in 4.2.0. What did you changed?

Ps. after playing 4.1.1 and restarting 4.2.0 the real audio output is in 4.2.0 recovered. But as soon as I switch back to normal HD drive  resp. Library the connection is not recovered again. Choosing line input etc..... doesn't work.

In 4.1.1. I can switch over and again  to Real audio 44100/2  and normal HD Library.

STRANGE🙄

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

Seems like version 4.2 fixed the issue I was having with HQP playing from Roon running on my QNAP NAS.  Thank you!

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

1 hour ago, ambre said:

Hi Jussy,

Now again using  the old 4.1.1.

Ps This real time audio functionality  was for me the (main) reason to buy the 4.1.1  this week as upgrade from 3.25.

image.thumb.png.098f12959e47473b1db7db3f6bbb3846.png

As a possible workaround, backup the settings file through File-menu, then open it in text editor and look for the <input> element in the configuration file. Add there attribute

channels="2"

So it looks something like

<input channels="2" .../>

Where "..." is rest of the already existing stuff.

Then restore the modified config through File menu again.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Ok will give a try Tomorrow

Note that going to Settings/Preferences dialog and clicking OK will override the modification and it needs to be redone.

Next week I'll put out .1 release with all possible fixes for problems found and fixed by that time. Software is growing more and more complex, so making completely bug free release is proving to be very difficult no matter how much I try to test it...

Miska,

Complety understand the improvement process.😉

Ps. I have changed in two lines/ places the channel = "2"  Correct?  Will restart/tests tomorrow again.

image.thumb.png.b40d4d4bfae12f18a49ee3af74e47f40.png

34 minutes ago, ambre said:

Miska,

Complety understand the improvement process.😉

Ps. I have changed in two lines/ places the channel = "2"  Correct?  Will restart/tests tomorrow again.

image.thumb.png.b40d4d4bfae12f18a49ee3af74e47f40.png

<input> element where it needs to go is close to the bottom, but "channel_offset" is a different thing. You need a new attribute called "channels" with value of 2. Offset applies when you have let's say 8 channel input device and you want channels 3 and 4 to be left&right, then you would specify offset 2 (channel index is 0-based).

In above case, engine has two channel output, but input could have any other number of channels. Now I suspect the problem is that it doesn't gracefully fall back to 2 channel default when the number is not explicitly defined.

6 hours ago, Yviena said:

In my case 4.2.0 is worse in threading behavior, it seems to be mostly stuck to smt threads leading to overload 100% thread usage leading to dropouts.

Capture.PNG

Only change to earlier version is to use SMT when there are not enough cores available (cores >= channels * 2), but enough threads instead. In stereo use cases this applies for threaded dual-core CPUs. Based on my testing on an i5 NUC with HyperThreaded dual-core CPU this gave notably better performance with thread usage rather than sticking to non-parallelized code path on two cores. Since quite many people use HQPlayer on such NUCs, especially HQPlayer Embedded, it was quite important improvement.

Part of the processing is put on threads in all cases, but that case is designed such way that it doesn't interfere with the main thread (0). And this part is unchanged from earlier versions.

52 minutes ago, Miska said:

Only change to earlier version is to use SMT when there are not enough cores available (cores >= channels * 2), but enough threads instead. In stereo use cases this applies for threaded dual-core CPUs. Based on my testing on an i5 NUC with HyperThreaded dual-core CPU this gave notably better performance with thread usage rather than sticking to non-parallelized code path on two cores. Since quite many people use HQPlayer on such NUCs, especially HQPlayer Embedded, it was quite important improvement.

Part of the processing is put on threads in all cases, but that case is designed such way that it doesn't interfere with the main thread (0). And this part is unchanged from earlier versions.

Why does it seem to use SMT threads then if the 3700x is a octacore CPU?

I don't really get it tough if I disable core pinning, and manually select 4 cores behaviour should be the same as 4.1.0.1 correct?

I wonder if you will have the same problems with 3950x even if it has 16 cores I don't think HQplayer scales with more than 4-5

55 minutes ago, Yviena said:

I don't think HQplayer scales with more than 4-5

I am using an i9-9900K CPU and have disabled hyperthreading because in fact only a maximum of 6 cores are used. I have no dropouts. The sound with the EC modulators is fantastic.

37179187kl.png

On 11/8/2019 at 12:00 PM, AnotherSpin said:

Desktop 4.2.0 works well, not a single problem! The new dark design looked a bit unusual at first, but now, after a few hours of use, the eye adjusted to it. Just out of curiosity, is there a way to switch to the previous light mode? The dark mode volume knob is slightly out of line with the overall design, imho.

On macOS it follows the OS setting for dark/light mode automatically. This is feature brought by toolkit update.

20 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Dac doesn’t disappear.Happens when first starting music or when stopping music and immediately trying to start a different song.Doesn't do it HQPlayer 3 only 4

Sorry, but I'm not able to reproduce this. If I click stop, and as fast as possible some other track on the playlist, it starts playing the other track without problems...