IGNORED

HQ Player

4 minutes ago, PieterP said:

Can i ask, do you run HQP on windows or linux? I am running embedded. I wonder whether I can change core affinity and disable core pinning under linux easily?

I use windows, unsure how core affinity/pinning works in Linux though.

I was using HQPlayer 3 and the random playback function works.  I recently got version 4.1.1 but the random playback does not work now.  

I selected a folder using "Browse", the files appear, I clicked on "Rnd" button before clicking on play.  But it plays in order of track number instead.

Thanks in advance for any help.

17 hours ago, Le Concombre Masqué said:

works great with Embedded up to 4.11.2

Thanks - & by this you mean 4. is good, but not 3. - for Audirvana as library?

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

Finally upgraded to HQP4 but I’m seeing a problems that others have encountered: I cannot get HQP4 to output DSD no matter what I try in the settings. It converts both PCM and DSD files to the sample rate in the PCM  setting although I clearly select DSM as the default output. Using the Amanero Combo 384 driver for my Lampizator DSD DAC. The AISO driver does not produce any sound, Roon gives a message that it lost control of the audio devise. With WASAPI it converts everything to PCM and cannot get a DSD output regardless of the output default setting being set to SDM. Please help as this is frustrating.

11 minutes ago, Carlos269 said:

Finally upgraded to HQP4 but I’m seeing a problems that others have encountered: I cannot get HQP4 to output DSD no matter what I try in the settings. It converts both PCM and DSD files to the sample rate in the PCM  setting although I clearly select DSM as the default output. Using the Amanero Combo 384 driver for my Lampizator DSD DAC. The AISO driver does not produce any sound, Roon gives a message that it lost control of the audio devise. With WASAPI it converts everything to PCM and cannot get a DSD output regardless of the output default setting being set to SDM. Please help as this is frustrating.

Can you send me email with screenshot of your settings and HQPlayer log file?

Also make sure that the Amanero driver is not enabled as output zone in Roon settings. Otherwise there will be conflict.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

On 10/13/2019 at 1:01 AM, taz2323 said:

I was using HQPlayer 3 and the random playback function works.  I recently got version 4.1.1 but the random playback does not work now.  

I selected a folder using "Browse", the files appear, I clicked on "Rnd" button before clicking on play.  But it plays in order of track number instead.

Thanks in advance for any help.

@Miska Appreciate if you can advise if using the "Browse" function is the way to get Random playback.  

Previously on HQP3, the music files are in the library and clicking on the folder in the mid-section of the screen allows for playback.  Now, I have to use "Browse".  And I am unsure if this affects the ability to do Random playback. Thanks.

Trying the demo version of HQPlayer 4 running on an audio Linux  server playing to a  naa client machine. Does the demo have full functionality? I don’t seem to be able to create playlists or access a library. I can use the browse button to find files on my nas and they play fine, just don’t seem to be able set up a library of music. Have always used jriver which seems easier to use. Would be grateful for any guidance.

7 minutes ago, dctom said:

Trying the demo version of HQPlayer 4 running on an audio Linux  server playing to a  naa client machine. Does the demo have full functionality? I don’t seem to be able to create playlists or access a library. I can use the browse button to find files on my nas and they play fine, just don’t seem to be able set up a library of music. Have always used jriver which seems easier to use. Would be grateful for any guidance.

Only limitation in trial version is 30 minutes per run time limitation, and then the application needs to be restarted.

Have you checked the manual and quick start guide?

1 hour ago, taz2323 said:

@Miska Appreciate if you can advise if using the "Browse" function is the way to get Random playback.  

Previously on HQP3, the music files are in the library and clicking on the folder in the mid-section of the screen allows for playback.  Now, I have to use "Browse".  And I am unsure if this affects the ability to do Random playback. Thanks.

It is supposed to work in all cases where track list has content... I'll check if I can reproduce the problem.

13 hours ago, Miska said:

HQPlayer Desktop, regardless of version, is not interoperable with Audirvana. Other than possible drag-and-drop, which may work (never tried that one).

Ok, I’ll try d&d in 3. Not hopeful of course!

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

10 minutes ago, dctom said:

Thanks - yes read quick start guide.

have scanned the library but cannot get HQPlayer to play from it??

Do you succeed in accessing the library with HQPlayer Client? Do you succeed loading an album in HQPlayer through the Client? I'm not sure I understand at which stage the problem appears.

I think I have worked it out now - l need to access the library from the client screen!

However, at the moment l can not get the client screen to connect to the server on the client machine - the only way it works is if I have desktop and client open on the server computer - is that because I am using the client machine in naa mode?