IGNORED

HQ Player

4 hours ago, StreamFidelity said:

Integer: only 48kHz, 96kHz, etc.?

1x, 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x... etc Up or down (1/1, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/5).

Integer up: ?

Same as above, but only upwards.

2*: ?

Power of two conversion ratios; 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x... Up or down (1/1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16).

2* up: ?

Same as above, but only upwards.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

3 hours ago, Le Concombre Masqué said:

don't know and hope Jussi will reply but I'm using non apodizing filters (minringfir lp, hb2s, ) more with EC

Filters and modulators are not related, two independent things. I use apodizing, because most material is in need of fixing...

Otherwise the quality varies too much depending on what kind of decimation filter was used at the production side.

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

since I'm using Sinc-16m which is not apodizing, would EC modular help correcting some recording error since this filter doesn't correct it?

No, once the data enters modulator it is assumed to be perfect. So all fixing needs to happen before...

All modulator improvements focus around making the process of modulation and the subsequent conversion to analog as accurate as possible from the reconstructed signal point of view. So this focuses on output side of things. Although the EC improvements are relatively huge, they are very low in absolute level.

18 hours ago, Superdad said:

If you are just using that Mac as a dedicated NAA, why not simply boot it with Miska's Linux NAA image?  Sounds a lot better that way.  Same for HQP Emebedded versus HQP Desktop on a dedicated machine. :D

OK as of the NAA. But I prefer D 4.1 on WS2012 minimum server over E4. Have you compared ?

Used to be the other way round... probably just the promise of an even better E4 next release...

On 7/22/2019 at 6:39 PM, Miska said:

No, I mean my custom kernel build for Ubuntu, it works for both Desktop and Server versions of Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. Currently it is based on 4.14 LTS upstream kernel. But in somewhat near future I plan to move changes over to 4.19 LTS kernel.

Is this the one? I've tried installing it, but there were some errors. I'll wait for the 4.19 version. 

15 minutes ago, fred_com said:

Is this the one? I've tried installing it, but there were some errors. I'll wait for the 4.19 version. 

Yes, that's the one. It'll complain about some symbolic links that point nowhere (thanks to kernel packaging scripts doing some things a bit wrong), but it works fine. 4.14.131 is latest there at the moment.

4.19 won't change that because the errors/warnings are from the OS' packaging scripts.

Geeze i go away for a little bit all kinds of stuff happen.  Apparently i need to upgrade to desktop 4. I run my core on windows and send to naa on rendu for the main system.  Just for simplicity i run my desk top on Mac os. I have 2 licenses, one for each.  If i upgrade to 4 will my same code work for both?  I read about 10-15 pages from May on and have not  found the answer.   thanks for any help!

1 hour ago, Guf Gufler said:

Geeze i go away for a little bit all kinds of stuff happen.  Apparently i need to upgrade to desktop 4. I run my core on windows and send to naa on rendu for the main system.  Just for simplicity i run my desk top on Mac os. I have 2 licenses, one for each.  If i upgrade to 4 will my same code work for both?  I read about 10-15 pages from May on and have not  found the answer.   thanks for any help!

The Desktop 4 license will work for all platforms, if that's what you're asking.

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

3 hours ago, Guf Gufler said:

I run my core on windows and send to naa on rendu for the main system.

i run my desk top on Mac os. I have 2 licenses, one for each.

If i upgrade to 4 will my same code work for both?

Apparently, there is a single license for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux.  So you can use the same license on both Windows and Mac OS --- but not at the same time according to the EULA. "We hereby grant you a nonexclusive license to use one copy of the Software on any single computer, provided the Software is in use on only one computer at any time."

Hope this helps.

mQa is dead!

2 hours ago, lucretius said:

Apparently, there is a single license for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux.  So you can use the same license on both Windows and Mac OS --- but not at the same time according to the EULA. "We hereby grant you a nonexclusive license to use one copy of the Software on any single computer, provided the Software is in use on only one computer at any time."

Hope this helps.

Yes thanks!

struggling to get the trial to work. After months, years even...I finally got 512 working on both systems. I’m nervous to start over.

First issue...Shouldn’t I be able able to get dsd256 with OS X? And my lampizator big7 with 512 engine. I was able to using a windows naa. But now going direct I am unable. 

1 hour ago, Guf Gufler said:

Yes thanks!

struggling to get the trial to work. After months, years even...I finally got 512 working on both systems. I’m nervous to start over.

First issue...Shouldn’t I be able able to get dsd256 with OS X? And my lampizator big7 with 512 engine. I was able to using a windows naa. But now going direct I am unable. 

Did you specify what filter and modulator you're using? And what kind of Mac/processor you have? Are you getting no output at all, or just having difficulty with the higher upsampling rates?

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

2 hours ago, Guf Gufler said:

I think not, if it is using the Amanero module and with DoP you are limited to DSD128.

19 minutes ago, Miska said:

I think not, if it is using the Amanero module and with DoP you are limited to DSD128.

I've got a Lampizator. I've flashed the Amanero module with current firmware and it's capable of native DSD512 on both Windows & Linux now.

2 hours ago, k6davis said:

I've got a Lampizator. I've flashed the Amanero module with current firmware and it's capable of native DSD512 on both Windows & Linux now.

Could you let me know the firmware version please. 

I should like to try my Lampizator at native 512 using a urendu or similar instead of NAA asio on a win10 NUC. 

8 hours ago, Miska said:

8 hours ago, k6davis said:

hmmmm i've used NAAs a rendu and/or  windows for so long I guess i forgot it doesn't do more that 128.  

11 hours ago, k6davis said:

8 hours ago, denniswaugh said:

Could you let me know the firmware version please. 

I should like to try my Lampizator at native 512 using a urendu or similar instead of NAA asio on a win10 NUC. 

2 hours ago, Guf Gufler said:

hmmmm i've used NAAs a rendu and/or  windows for so long I guess i forgot it doesn't do more that 128.  

The firmware is here: https://amanero.com/combo384_firmware.htm. The DSD512 version is called "Setupuac2 1.097", listed in the middle of the table.

You'll need to open your DAC to install it, or have it done professionally/send it to the manufacturer. I contacted Lampizator and they walked me through it.

1 hour ago, 521ztz said:

Anyone tried AMD 3900x with HQP?

I'd like to build a PC for WIN10 + HQPlayer+ ROON, but I'm not sure which platform will be better performance in HQPlayer, 9900K or 3900x?

Thanks!

The 3900x is new. I haven't seen anyone post about its performance with HQP, but for the CPUs that have been on the market for a while, Intel has outperformed AMD - for HQP.

As you can read in chip reviews all over the web, AMD's chips have certain strengths over Intel in general multi-threaded processing, but those haven't resulted in better HQP performance than Intel.