IGNORED

HQ Player

If not discoverable in your browser history.  ANY version can be accessed through substituting the desired version number in place of the current one inside the download link on the site. 

Too lazy to dig up and quote from where he said this yesterday.

9 hours ago, Metaverse said:

Excuse me.I have and question.

I want to make my PC(running HQplayer) connecting with NAA directly by cable without any router or switch.But the PC for running HQP need to control by the other PC in ethernet. So I set a brigde connection on HQP's PC that the HQP‘s PC and the naa PC can find each other and access each other’s shared folders.

All the things is normal , but the HQP . It can't find naa no longer.

How can I solve this problem? Thx

@Miska

9 hours ago, Metaverse said:

Excuse me.I have and question.

I want to make my PC(running HQplayer) connecting with NAA directly by cable without any router or switch.But the PC for running HQP need to control by the other PC in ethernet. So I set a brigde connection on HQP's PC that the HQP‘s PC and the naa PC can find each other and access each other’s shared folders.

All the things is normal , but the HQP . It can't find naa no longer.

How can I solve this problem? Thx

Which OS you use? In macOS it is easy to create a bridge between two connections - one ethernet cable to router + other ethernet cable direct to NAA computer. If you do this Miska's NAA is easily recognizable. If you just made direct ethernet connection between HQP server computer and NAA computer (but no router) HQP will not see Miska's NAA. But it can see Euphony NAA right away, or Audiolunux NAA if in AL settings you will assign static IP. 

I also would like to try direct (no bridge) NAA connection with Miska's NAA because it gives best sound. But, with bridge connection works without problem. Did you try both IPv4 and IPv6?

2 hours ago, rando said:

If not discoverable in your browser history.  ANY version can be accessed through substituting the desired version number in place of the current one inside the download link on the site. 

Thanks, I read that too but no such thing as a download link appear (Safari/macOS/no Java) writing this inspired me to try Chrome found /bins/HQPlayer4Desktop-setup-4101.exe in source code . seems to be actually downloading after due replacements in https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/hqplayerd/images/. Not so trivial is it?:D

Interesting, been awhile since I actively used iOS.  Now it's going to bother me exactly how I used to extract and modify links.  Or if that would even still work.  

Glad you were able to figure this out and, I assume, restore the previous functional version.

5 hours ago, rando said:

I removed permissions of the original 4.1.0 from the main web server so that people don't accidentally keep downloading faulty version. It is still accessible at the backup server at www.signalyst.eu though. But generally that server hosts only latest and latest-1.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

7 hours ago, craighartley said:

I found I could do 256 most of the time with the ASDM7EC modulator on my 6700k and GTX1080 with the following settings (only the occasional stutter but good enough to judge the sound quality):

Capture.thumb.PNG.0caf36c68d5e2a1f79a9a24bad9827d8.PNG

The stuttering gets MUCH worse if I grey out the CUDA offload checkbox.

I prefer these settings to 512 DSD and older modulators (through T&A DAC8 DSD). I haven't tried ASDM5EC.

This runs filters on the GPU and only modulators on CPU. Since the CPU is just quad-core, it is fully busy with the modulators and such. If it stutters occasionally, ASDM5EC is probably just about lighter enough that it may work fine.

3 minutes ago, Le Concombre Masqué said:

yes and I confirm @Miska:

initial 4.1 works perfectly here, hotfix does not

Hotfix is fine here except that I have to press play at least twice (when using HQPlayer alone or with Roon): the first press loads the filter but I have to press play again (sometimes twice) to play the track. 

48 minutes ago, craighartley said:

Hotfix is fine here except that I have to press play at least twice (when using HQPlayer alone or with Roon): the first press loads the filter but I have to press play again (sometimes twice) to play the track. 

That is strange, there are not that much changes in 4.1 compared to 4.0 other than adding new modulators and improving Client's search functionality. GUI library has been updated and some fixes are there, but nothing around the control interface.

Auditioned 4.1 today against currently owned 3.25 HQPlayer Desktop ...

System: music server i7-6700k 4 core/ 8 thread 4.0 GHz w/ stock Intel HD 530 gpu, Gustard X20u DAC USB max DSD256, Uptone USB Regen, B & O Iceedge1200AS2 class D amp, GR Research N3 transmission line speakers (40 Hz -3dB)

3.25 stable settings (see attached DSD7 256+fs):  poly-sinc-ext2,  DSD7 256+ fs, 48k x 256 DSD, CPU usage :  29% (max CPU thread 60%)

4.1 stable settings (see attached ASDM7EC):  poly-sinc-ext2,  ASDM7EC, 48k x 256 DSD, CPU usage :  32% (max CPU thread 100%)

Nice improvement!

ASDM7EC.JPG

DSD7 256+fs.JPG

10 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

Which OS you use? In macOS it is easy to create a bridge between two connections - one ethernet cable to router + other ethernet cable direct to NAA computer. If you do this Miska's NAA is easily recognizable. If you just made direct ethernet connection between HQP server computer and NAA computer (but no router) HQP will not see Miska's NAA. But it can see Euphony NAA right away, or Audiolunux NAA if in AL settings you will assign static IP. 

I also would like to try direct (no bridge) NAA connection with Miska's NAA because it gives best sound. But, with bridge connection works without problem. Did you try both IPv4 and IPv6?

Thx. I made the same setting as yours except my OS that it's win 10.

I've tried all my other network cards (including PCI-E's,USB‘s M.2's)with the one on the Motherboard to creat a brigde,one by one.Almost all of them worked as above what I said.

But there‘s something strainge.When I uesd an very old USB WIFI network cards with the one on the Motherboard to creat a bridge, and the USB card connected to the router , the one on Motherboard direct to the NAA PC,HQP server could recognize NAA and word normally.

It’s confused...

Ahahahah. It's like rendering CG stuff. i9900 @ 5.1 (2 core)/4.8 Ghz, 64 GB ram, GTX 1080. 

Sounds great. Scratch that, sound amazing. poly-sinc-xtr-mp>ADSM7EC>RME ADI-2 DACfs DSD direct>ZDTJ>HD650 (late night configuration)

Capture.PNG

2 hours ago, Metaverse said:

I've tried all my other network cards (including PCI-E's,USB‘s M.2's)with the one on the Motherboard to creat a brigde,one by one.Almost all of them worked as above what I said.

But there‘s something strainge.When I uesd an very old USB WIFI network cards with the one on the Motherboard to creat a bridge, and the USB card connected to the router , the one on Motherboard direct to the NAA PC,HQP server could recognize NAA and word normally.

It’s confused...

I am not familiar with bridging in Windows. However, I was trying to suggest that particular type/settings of NAA software would be a reason your HQP doesn't "see" it with direct ethernet link established.

2 hours ago, Metaverse said:

It’s confused...

I use a direct connection between HQP and NAA using Server 2016.  Check out this thread for how I did it.  Hopefully it will help.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

43 minutes ago, tboooe said:

I use a direct connection between HQP and NAA using Server 2016.  Check out this thread for how I did it.  Hopefully it will help.

It is not clear for me from re-reading your post – did you try direct ethernet cable connection between server computer and NAA endpoint (server -> endpoint) without bridging to router, or there is still bridging of the kind: router -> server -> endpoint ?

11 hours ago, brother love said:

Auditioned 4.1 today against currently owned 3.25 HQPlayer Desktop ...

System: music server i7-6700k 4 core/ 8 thread 4.0 GHz w/ stock Intel HD 530 gpu, Gustard X20u DAC USB max DSD256, Uptone USB Regen, B & O Iceedge1200AS2 class D amp, GR Research N3 transmission line speakers (40 Hz -3dB)

3.25 stable settings (see attached DSD7 256+fs):  poly-sinc-ext2,  DSD7 256+ fs, 48k x 256 DSD, CPU usage :  29% (max CPU thread 60%)

4.1 stable settings (see attached ASDM7EC):  poly-sinc-ext2,  ASDM7EC, 48k x 256 DSD, CPU usage :  32% (max CPU thread 100%)

Nice improvement!

ASDM7EC.JPG

DSD7 256+fs.JPG

I can not run DSD 256 smoothly with ASDM7EC. Can you please post your settings in HQPlayer 4? Which operating system is running? Many Thanks

11 hours ago, brother love said:

Nice improvement!

With those same settings, can your 6700K handle PCM88kHz/96kHz music?

And even harder, PCM192kHz music?

If you don't have files at these rates, there's free samples here:

http://www.2l.no/hires/