IGNORED

HQ Player

1 hour ago, Miska said:

Personally, to me, cover images are useless waste of screen estate, plain text is more compact and can fit more information.

Not for me, and I suspect for others of my vintage cover art is part of the experience of "thumbing through" one's music collection than displaying the art of what is "now playing" prominently to add other senses / enrich the experience. I know this may not be universally valued, but I appreciate that HQ Player Desktop supports it very much.

Desktop: HQ Player --> Singxer SU-1 --> Matrix X-Sabre Pro --> McChanson SuperSilver UltimatE

Headphones: Audeze MM-500, Meze Audio Elite, Focal Utopia 2022, Focal Bathys (Wireless)

Portable Gear: Hiby RS6, xDuoo XD05 Bal 2, FiiO BTR7, Creative BT-W5, FiiTii HiFiDots TWS

Nearfield Active Speakers: Audioengine HD3 

Power Conditioning: Furman Elite-15 PFi

Ok, I will not discuss with you about this topic. Every one has his preferences! I prefer cover albums for orientation! 

Jussi, everything ok. If you didn’t use Muso I would recommend to try it and you will see what I meant!

cheers

Sigi

On 5/26/2019 at 5:08 AM, Miska said:

Seems like I have broken NAA discovery...

Yes, reported in the Embedded thread 😁

right around the time that you release desktop v. 4 and were dealing with reports.  Hopefully, you will get a chance to look at it once desktop 4.0 settles down.  With the latest HQPe version my NAA process crashes which is running under Win10.  I just went back to the previous version of HQPe and everything is working.

38 minutes ago, Sigi said:

Jussi, everything ok. If you didn’t use Muso I would recommend to try it and you will see what I meant!

My main development computer is Linux, and 90% of my listening is with headphones while developing HQPlayer and the player is running in the background. So that poses some restrictions what I can use.

I could try it some time. But overall, I think it is very good that there are various applications that can control HQPlayer, suitable things for different preferences. One of the reasons why I split out the library interface to a separate application and have the slimmed down core application separately!

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

6 minutes ago, shadowlight said:

Yes, reported in the Embedded thread 😁

right around the time that you release desktop v. 4 and were dealing with reports.  Hopefully, you will get a chance to look at it once desktop 4.0 settles down.  With the latest HQPe version my NAA process crashes which is running under Win10.  I just went back to the previous version of HQPe and everything is working.

I just uploaded 4.10.2 (follow up for yesterdays' 4.10.1)... It allows some freedom in order things are started. I've tested it a lot with networkaudiod 3.5.6 running on Linux (most typical case). I don't know yet why it would explode networkaudiod running on Windows, but I can check it out and make a new build if it's not something really tricky.

8 minutes ago, Miska said:

I just uploaded 4.10.2 (follow up for yesterdays' 4.10.1)... It allows some freedom in order things are started. I've tested it a lot with networkaudiod 3.5.6 running on Linux (most typical case). I don't know yet why it would explode networkaudiod running on Windows, but I can check it out and make a new build if it's not something really tricky.

I missed the release that you made yesterday.  I will try the 4.10 release, the one that I was having problems with was 4.9-1.26 release from April.  I will report back the findings in the HQPe thread and avoid derailing the desktop thread.

4 hours ago, LoryWiv said:

Not for me, and I suspect for others of my vintage cover art is part of the experience of "thumbing through" one's music collection than displaying the art of what is "now playing" prominently to add other senses / enrich the experience. I know this may not be universally valued, but I appreciate that HQ Player Desktop supports it very much.

Rafi

@Miska on Linux why would anyone want to run HQPlayer Desktop rather than Embedded?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

7 hours ago, rickca said:

@Miska on Linux why would anyone want to run HQPlayer Desktop rather than Embedded?

If one is anyway using graphical desktop, why not? I'm doing it all the time while working on HQPlayer, reading emails/writing emails and forum posts...

Now due to HQPlayer Client, I could also run Embedded. But Desktop is still more practical when running on a workstation or laptop with graphical desktop.

On 5/28/2019 at 2:19 PM, Miska said:

prefer multi-layer tree view that was used in HQPlayer Desktop v3. That is very compact way to represent lot of information, that's why it is usually used for file system browsers too.

I like to see a list of tracks (sorted by artist/album/track#/track_name) with various sorts of info. Also, I don't like having to expand each branch in a tree. Maybe there should be a setting to expand all nodes of the tree?

mQa is dead!

1 hour ago, lucretius said:
On 5/28/2019 at 2:19 PM, Miska said:

prefer multi-layer tree view that was used in HQPlayer Desktop v3. That is very compact way to represent lot of information, that's why it is usually used for file system browsers too.

Any chance of bringing back that view to either the desktop or client?

mQa is dead!

7 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

@Miska

when I change settings in the client the play stops, and that's right, but why once changed does not resume play automatically? would be useful ...

Are you playing from Roon or something? If you play from Roon, it cannot be restarted without restarting from Roon side. That's why it would be nice to have Roon able to control the settings.

8 hours ago, lucretius said:

Any chance of bringing back that view to either the desktop or client?

To the client yes, with fresh look though. I just need to figure out how to fit it into the design. I'd like to keep the model with just three views. Maybe make the view on right side switchable or something...

I like to see a list of tracks (sorted by artist/album/track#/track_name) with various sorts of info. Also, I don't like having to expand each branch in a tree. Maybe there should be a setting to expand all nodes of the tree?

Such is just very long flat listing, that's why I've been trying to avoid it. Many other players have views that are useless for me (iTunes being one of the prime examples), so trying to do it different.

55 minutes ago, Miska said:

... If you play from Roon, it cannot be restarted without restarting from Roon side. That's why it would be nice to have Roon able to control the settings.

+1 ! It would actually be nice to have ROON able to control HQP settings using your API.
We need to ask ROON and hope they will put it in their, probably long,  tasks list ...

ROON > HQPlayer > USBridge > T+A DAC8 DSD > NAD M22 (Ncore Hypex) > Harbeth SLH5+
Setup details

16 minutes ago, Carlos269 said:

Does the new Denafrips DSD1024 board have clocks and support for both 44.1KHz and 48KHz clock rates?

Oscillators for Denafrips Teminator DAC is not located on the DSD board, but they do have two separate oscillators for 44.1KHz and 48KHz clock rates.

image.png.e7660a0c2ef3ec1ca953bf47e063ad37.png

16 hours ago, luisma said:

I guess this will be completely compatible with HPQ but wanted you to take a look and provide your opinion please, this is not Amanero anymore correct?

Would be nice to test it, maybe I need to again look into buying Pontus or something with the new board. If it's the implementation I suspect it is, it should work.

Using Roon > HQPlayer 4 and DSD output is not working. I click play in Roon and it stays at 0:00. If I try it with HQPlayer 3 it works fine. Here are my settings for both. Any recommendations? I tried changing SDM Pack under Input Device Settings to none rather than DoP and still nothing happens.

image.png.cc8bf8afa1d9d3449818f13e9997091c.png

image.thumb.png.9f02ac104c8d737c25b44165bed6ee7b.png

@Miska any chance of working together with PLEX https://www.plex.tv/music/ to output to HQP like Roon does?  

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments