IGNORED

HQ Player

21 hours ago, Sevenfeet said:

The one problem I can see with my solution with feeding an Airport Express into an input for HQPlayer via S/PDIF is what happens when i finally retire this aging 2008 Mac Pro.  I don't think any modern Mac has digital audio inputs anymore.  In theory you could have a input come through a Thunderbolt attached interface but i don't see any solutions among the docks that most popular right now.

I'm using RME ADI-2 Pro for inputs. It has of course analog input (with HQPlayer working up to 768k PCM and DSD256 on Mac too). But also toslink and coaxial S/PDIF as well as AES/EBU digital.

On Linux, it is also possible to make it automatically follow source sample rate changes which is quite unique.

Cheapest device known to work for optical inputs in MiniDSP USB Streamer, but one needs to flash it with correct firmware variant (there are many options with different functionality).

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

19 hours ago, DancingSea said:

Alas, Swinsian has not responded to our request to be the front end for HQPlayer.  Given the HQPlayer GUI is unlikely to change, and to be polite, let’s call it “vintage” rather than “antiquated”, is there any way to get a Mac/ iOS remote control for HQP 4?

Is that too much to ask?

Is the new Client "vintage" or "antiquated" (which was previously part of Desktop v3 as "full screen mode")? I thought it is is quite modern...

Anyway, technically it can be built for tablets based on iOS and Android. The design is too big to fit on phones though. For Android you can also use for example HQPDcontrol app which works perfectly fine on phones (uses HQPlayer's built-in library)!

On 5/15/2019 at 8:52 PM, Outlaw said:

Wondering if anyone else is having this issue.I use Roon with Hqplayer on same windows 10 PC.Use a intel nuc as a NAA device.When i use HQPlayer either on its own or with Roon when i hit pause or stop music will continue to play up to 10 seconds.The playbar will stop but music continues on its own.If I use Roon by itself I don't have this issue ? This happens with either HQPlayer 3 and with trial of 4.

Tried on Linux.Better then windows but still slow.Cant figure this out.I guess no one else has this issue.Issue is the same by controling by remote or directly by the machine the software is on

5 hours ago, Miska said:

Is the new Client "vintage" or "antiquated" (which was previously part of Desktop v3 as "full screen mode")? I thought it is is quite modern...

Anyway, technically it can be built for tablets based on iOS and Android. The design is too big to fit on phones though. For Android you can also use for example HQPDcontrol app which works perfectly fine on phones (uses HQPlayer's built-in library)!

Well, in my opinion and in my Mac desktop only application (I have no idea what HQP client even does!), yes, HQPlayer visually remains far behind Roon, Audirvana, and even Amarra.   It’s clear the visuals are not your forte, maybe one day you can hire a designer to help you upgrade HQPlayer’s look to match the new price 😇

Setting looks aside, the HQPlayer library management system is rudimentary in my experience.  Swinsian has a similar old school look as HQPlayer, but it’s library management system is heaps better.  Very versatile and robust, and more to my liking than Roon.  And its only $20!

As for a HQPlayer iOS iPad remote.  I don’t know how to make one.  Maybe our esteemed HQP developer could take a break from reindeer herding and make one given he’s the one most capable of doing so!?

You have a fantastic sound engine.  If you could combine the library functionality of Swinsian, the look of Roon/A+, and a Miska created iOS/ android remote, with your sound engine, then you’d have a product worth the new high price. 

Another suggestion, and I don’t know how, but figure out a way to make the filter settings more understandable. I’ve read your entire manual and have used HQP 3 for over a year, and still have no idea what the filters do in terms of sound!  The manual is too technical when explaining them and seems written for sound engineers rather than normal people. 

Put all of that together, and add Tidal/Quboz integration, and you’d have the best player on the market commiserate with your asking price.  Audirvana manages to do all of that for $74.  I agree, your superior sound engine is worth the price balance. 

Please take this as constructive criticism rather than something negative.  I’m not putting you down. I’m an HQPlayer fan!  I just feel if you added the things I listed above, that HQPlayer would be taken to the new heights it rightfully deserves 👍👏

Yes, Roon does all of that. But at a steep price and I actually don’t care for Roon’s library system and have no need for the magazine subscription component. 

Kind Regards

2 hours ago, shadowlight said:

For folks who are looking for better front end for desktop and do not mind using Android as a remote control, look into HQPDControl.  The developer for the software is active on this thread.

Maybe he would have mercy and create an iOS remote too 🙏

11 minutes ago, sdmarquart said:

I can get JRiver and Roon to both output at 705.6. Is there any way to get youtube to output at 705.6??

I haven't come across a native output of 705.6 for a Youtube video/audio (not that it doesn't exist).  It's best to set the rates equal to the native rate of the source (e.g. Youtube) to avoid having the Windows Audio Engine perform a conversion -- I'm not sure if the Windows Audio Engine can upsample to 705.6 

mQa is dead!

I'm slightly curious how the, apparently well received, thought to display the filter/format settings previously located above dropdown menus will be re-implemented.  Overwhelmingly, the work cleaning up UI From 3 showed.  Locked visible means of (Desktop) interaction detract focus away intuitively. 

Path of least resistance in this new version release was directly in line with the depiction of long days fraught with immediacy.  My do I hope whatever is feeding this spillway doesn't get diverted or drawn down by those standing along the banks discussing beauty and reflections.  Those first few miles of clean meltwater haven't been imprisoned yet.  Nor have I considered one iota of classical through them.  

I've found when programmers are exhibiting defensive signs.  Never make helpful suggestions at the finishing point of spartan and unsolicited feedback. 

25 minutes ago, DancingSea said:

Well, in my opinion and in my Mac desktop only application (I have no idea what HQP client even does!), yes, HQPlayer visually remains far behind Roon, Audirvana, and even Amarra.   It’s clear the visuals are not your forte, maybe one day you can hire a designer to help you upgrade HQPlayer’s look to match the new price 😇

Please don't judge if you didn't even try the client...

14 minutes ago, DancingSea said:

Imo, HQ Player practical, simple, concise looks fits better to the purpose of replaying audio from computer. No-frill vs. visual candy style from Roon, Audirvana, or Amarra.

34 minutes ago, juanitox said:

if you find roon is too expensive  as HQplayer  , than don't buy them  or get a decent job .

This sort of comment is contrary to all that is intelligent in the world.  It’s ok to have diverse opinions.  It’s ok to disagree with those opinions in an intelligent manner without casting dispersions on one’s place in the world.  I know 2 billionaires personally, and they are the cheapest people you ever met.....

Successful companies take constructive criticism very seriously as it can only benefit their bottom line and product.   

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Tried on Linux.Better then windows but still slow.Cant figure this out.I guess no one else has this issue.Issue is the same by controling by remote or directly by the machine the software is on

I have the same issue. Always had it I think but it may be worse on 4.0.1 than 3. 

4 minutes ago, Miska said:

Client comes along with HQPlayer Desktop and is part of it. People were asking for remote control application, so now it's there...

That’s great!  For my setup, an iPad remote is what’s needed.

15 minutes ago, DancingSea said:

This sort of comment is contrary to all that is intelligent in the world.  It’s ok to have diverse opinions.  It’s ok to disagree with those opinions in an intelligent manner without casting dispersions on one’s place in the world.  I know 2 billionaires personally, and they are the cheapest people you ever met.....

Successful companies take constructive criticism very seriously as it can only benefit their bottom line and product.   

Ask your friends billionaires to offer you these expensives softwares  😉

PC audio /Roon + HQPLAYER / HOLO Spring 2 / / DIY AD1 SET tube amp  /  DIY Altec 2 way horn Speaker

17 minutes ago, juanitox said:

Ask your friends billionaires to offer you these expensives softwares  😉

Haha!  I can easily afford HQP 4, that’s thankfully not the issue....  one thing I did learn from those guys is that they take every dollar seriously.  It could be called cheap, but also perhaps judicious....