IGNORED

HQ Player

41 minutes ago, Theobetley said:

Just bought 4 but when I run it still shows as an evaluation. Does it take awhile to show up otherwise? Also I cant seen to run DFF files. Is there a trick I need to set in settings?

Did you install the new key file you got through Help -> Register?

DFF should work the same as before, only compressed ones are rejected, others should work fine.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

7 minutes ago, PPk said:

i'm using roon with hqplayer with bit perfect output... comparing 3 and 4, is there any benefit for me to upgrade? taking into account i'm doing bit perfect output, means no filter or upsampling done.

Why are you using HQplayer in the first place then?

Dirk

I would will give Miska a ton of credit for all his hard work making our great music collections sound even better.  It is my opinion that his efforts are always  heading in the right direction.    

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

38 minutes ago, PPk said:

It sounds better compared to just roon only.. 

Would you mind showing your HQplayer configuration, as I still do not get how you improve the SQ copmpared to Roon.

Dirk

P.S. Don’t get me wrong here, I am a big fan and user of HQembedded player, but I do use specific filter (poly-sinc-xtr-lp) and I do upsample (DSD256)

So no I did not register my new key file and cant seem to find it. When I go to register it opens a dialogue box which shows a bunch of stuff none of which works when I click on to register. What i dont understand is why this is so hard. I paid my $ why cant i register easily.

41 minutes ago, ddetaey said:

Est-ce que cela vous dérangerait de montrer votre configuration HQplayer, car je ne comprends toujours pas comment vous améliorez le SQ coppar lui-même à Roon.

Poignard

PS Ne vous méprenez pas, je suis un grand fan et utilisateur du lecteur HQembedded, mais j'utilise un filtre spécifique (poly-sinc-xtr-lp) et je rééchantillonne (DSD256)

Good question !  very interested in the answer.

On 4/30/2019 at 4:51 PM, ericuco said:

The one issue I had was locating 4.0 after installation on Ubuntu Studio 18.X.  HQP 4.0 shows up under the "Audio Production" menu instead of the "Media Playback" menu like 3.25 did. (sorry if this was called out previously, I missed it if it was) In any case, Jussi got me squared away in short order.

With release 4.0.2, HQP is now showing up under the "Media Playback" menu on Ubuntu Studio.

1 hour ago, Theobetley said:

So no I did not register my new key file and cant seem to find it. When I go to register it opens a dialogue box which shows a bunch of stuff none of which works when I click on to register. What i dont understand is why this is so hard. I paid my $ why cant i register easily.

After you paid for registration you should receive an email. License key is attached to the mail. You may save it anywhere you want in your computer and then use in registration process which is described in manual. Also, purchase confirmation email contains a link to download license key file. It shouldn't be hard at all. Hope it will work!

10 hours ago, ddetaey said:

Would you mind showing your HQplayer configuration, as I still do not get how you improve the SQ copmpared to Roon.

Dirk

P.S. Don’t get me wrong here, I am a big fan and user of HQembedded player, but I do use specific filter (poly-sinc-xtr-lp) and I do upsample (DSD256)

IMHO the HQPlayer volume control sounds better (is more transparent, clearer, whatever) than Roon's. So the mere fact of setting -3 headroom (-10ish in my case) may sound better than -10 headroom in Roon. I use filters myself but it's one possible example. 

HQPlayer 4 finally works for me. My hurdles:

- Input under Settings not deactivated
- Volume control hooked

The CPU load has been reduced by 5% -10% (PCM -> DSD 512). Bought! 😁

My settings:

spacer.png

On 5/5/2019 at 5:58 PM, Miska said:

Yes, because it now kicks out the client when setting the socket option fails for some unknown reason... It is still mystery to me why you are seeing that error and I'm not. For next release I've changed it to just complain and continue regardless. Similar to the dealing with lack of QoS support lot of people seem to have due to missing OS component in Windows Server installs (not installed by default), or because certain optimizers decide to throw it away.

Hi, 4.02 fixed my problem with Roon.  Thank you!

Thanks for the error message on 4.02 when Input and Output are the same.

I didn't und363492355_ScreenShot2019-05-08at12_12_36PM.thumb.png.8b3ed0c6c4bc62159d1b7c6e58e37036.pngerstand that before.

I've fiddled with the Settings, and these are working for DSD 128 Upsampling on my Mytek 192/DSD Dac.

Other settings didn't work or produced noise, so I'm guessing these Settings are Fine.

Since I'm always Upsampling to DSD 128, do the 1x and Nx both apply?

Or should they be different from each other?

Also, except for sample rate limit, do PCM Settings matter when upsampling to DSD 128?

TIA!!!

8 minutes ago, jimdukey said:

Since I'm always Upsampling to DSD 128, do the 1x and Nx both apply?

Or should they be different from each other?

My understanding is, that will depend on the source material sampling rate.  If material is 44.1K then 1X will be used, hi-res will be using Nx setting.

10 minutes ago, jimdukey said:

do PCM Settings matter when upsampling to DSD 128?

No.