IGNORED

HQ Player

6 minutes ago, Theobetley said:

Miska I want to purchase 4.0 but cant find my key. I uninstalled desktop 3. Can you help?

On Windows, you can find 3.x key called desktop3-key.xml from "%LOCALAPPDATA%\HQPlayer" folder, on other platforms you can find it form "~/.hqplayer" folder. Uninstallation doesn't remove the key.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

3 hours ago, Miska said:

One of the points of 4.x was to split those separate... 😅 Since lot of people were telling me that my GUIs for HQPlayer were ugly and were using something else. And rest were asking for remote controllable things one way or the other.

What you are asking is 3.x...

Sure.  But I'd like to have the option of inputs.  Also, 3.x is in maintenance mode.

mQa is dead!

3 hours ago, Miska said:

In this screenshots you already have it set to SDM, but client is just showing bogus things because it is not properly in sync with HQPlayer. I have fixed this too in 4.0.2.

I installed 4.0.2.  This is working now.  Thanks!

mQa is dead!

3 hours ago, Miska said:

Do you have it selected as input device in HQPlayer?

Anyway, please try now with 4.0.2 if it helps anything...

Yes, I have the Virtual Audio Cable selected as the input device.  I installed 4.0.2 and this still does not work.  ??

image.thumb.png.ecc72e77b27fd1d3f095ba1bd6e6f62e.png

mQa is dead!

6 hours ago, Le Concombre Masqué said:

just use desktop ; client is not mandatory

That's fine if HQPlayer is only a backend to Roon (or input from other player).  If not, then it is a problem; one cannot select music from the library.

mQa is dead!

On 5/6/2019 at 8:35 AM, Miska said:

I have made some changes for 4.0.2, let's see if it helps. I have not yet found an interface here that would have this problem. Only Firewire interface I have is Mytek Stereo192-DSD DAC which has TCAT Dice Firewire audio interface and it allows four channels as expected for dual-wire DoP (the interface itself has 16 input and output channels). But based on behavior looks like Prism is not using this interface chip/driver...

Yesssss!!!!

4.0.2 is working ;)

Now I just need any idea how I could use input AND output of the Orpheus to connect my vinyl ;)

Is there maybe any „bridging software“ like a virtual cable for OSX?

Thank you... great job!

Christian

31 minutes ago, chriss0212 said:

Yesssss!!!!

4.0.2 is working ;)

Now I just need any idea how I could use input AND output of the Orpheus to connect my vinyl ;)

Is there maybe any „bridging software“ like a virtual cable for OSX?

Thank you... great job!

Christian

OK.. I found Loopback but...

Orpheus and Loopback are AU devices. As soon as I switch to AU input I get an error message: its not allowed to use same input  and output device...if I ignore it and use Loopback as Input I don't get any sound. Is this correct and really impossible, or am I doing something wrong?

Greetings

Christian

4.02 is working and I can now use closed form 16M with CUDA offload.  Thank you, Jussi!

One question I have is what are advantages of adaptive rate output...is intent to optimize output within capabilities of the DAC? With my standard settings it actually slowed playback speed and CPU + GPU utilization doubled. I did read the description in manual,  but suspect I may be applying it incorrectly. Not sure what best use case is. Does it effectiveness vary by filter / shaper, and is it best for PCM, DSD or both? Clarifications appreciated, and most importantly thanks for 4.02, really enjoying it overall!

Desktop: HQ Player --> Singxer SU-1 --> Matrix X-Sabre Pro --> McChanson SuperSilver UltimatE

Headphones: Audeze MM-500, Meze Audio Elite, Focal Utopia 2022, Focal Bathys (Wireless)

Portable Gear: Hiby RS6, xDuoo XD05 Bal 2, FiiO BTR7, Creative BT-W5, FiiTii HiFiDots TWS

Nearfield Active Speakers: Audioengine HD3 

Power Conditioning: Furman Elite-15 PFi

11 minutes ago, chriss0212 said:

Orpheus and Loopback are AU devices. As soon as I switch to AU input I get an error message: its not allowed to use same input  and output device...if I ignore it and use Loopback as Input I don't get any sound. Is this correct and really impossible, or am I doing something wrong?

Greetings

Christian

I found this in the Manual:

Note! On macOS, in order to enable audio input to HQPlayer, permission to access “Microphone” needs to be granted to HQPlayer in System Preferences → Security & Privacy.

But I can't find these settings in High Sierra ;(

Any idea?

Christian 

17 minutes ago, chriss0212 said:

I found this in the Manual:

Note! On macOS, in order to enable audio input to HQPlayer, permission to access “Microphone” needs to be granted to HQPlayer in System Preferences → Security & Privacy.

But I can't find these settings in High Sierra ;(

Any idea?

Maybe that is Mojave+ security/privacy feature...

27 minutes ago, LoryWiv said:

One question I have is what are advantages of adaptive rate output...is intent to optimize output within capabilities of the DAC? With my standard settings it actually slowed playback speed and CPU + GPU utilization doubled. I did read the description in manual,  but suspect I may be applying it incorrectly. Not sure what best use case is. Does it effectiveness vary by filter / shaper, and is it best for PCM, DSD or both? Clarifications appreciated, and most importantly thanks for 4.02, really enjoying it overall!

It is the old "Auto rate family" renamed.

When grayed it is like "Auto rate family" disabled, but output rate set to "Auto", meaning that the requested rate is used unless filter requires something else.

When checked it is like "Auto rate family" enabled and output rate set to "Auto", in some cases it reduces processing load, mostly for single stage filters from PCM to DSD. However, since many DACs don't support 48k DSD (now there's a specific setting to enable those rates if DAC supports it), it may likely make playback fail for 48/96/192k source material.

1 minute ago, Miska said:

It is the old "Auto rate family" renamed.

When grayed it is like "Auto rate family" disabled, but output rate set to "Auto", meaning that the requested rate is used unless filter requires something else.

When checked it is like "Auto rate family" enabled and output rate set to "Auto", in some cases it reduces processing load, mostly for single stage filters from PCM to DSD. However, since many DACs don't support 48k DSD (now there's a specific setting to enable those rates if DAC supports it), it may likely make playback fail for 48/96/192k source material.

Ah, makes sense now. Thanks.

Desktop: HQ Player --> Singxer SU-1 --> Matrix X-Sabre Pro --> McChanson SuperSilver UltimatE

Headphones: Audeze MM-500, Meze Audio Elite, Focal Utopia 2022, Focal Bathys (Wireless)

Portable Gear: Hiby RS6, xDuoo XD05 Bal 2, FiiO BTR7, Creative BT-W5, FiiTii HiFiDots TWS

Nearfield Active Speakers: Audioengine HD3 

Power Conditioning: Furman Elite-15 PFi

23 minutes ago, Miska said:

Maybe that is Mojave+ security/privacy feature...

It works...

it seems, that there is no need for enable anything in High Sierra ;)

no i just need to figure out, how to use the native sample rate in loopback which I have on the Orpheus. At the Moment only 44,1@16 is working ;)

But this is the first Time that Incan play convolved vinyl ;)

Greetings

Christian

56 minutes ago, chriss0212 said:

Do you get playback started and time running? If you do, then the problem is likely somewhere else, like Apple's (understandable) privacy controls.

Regarding using Orpheus for both input and output - at the moment it is not possible. In most cases HQPlayer would be doing upsampling for example from digital input to DAC output and thus running input and output at different sample rates. And that is not possible with CoreAudio when the device is same and also not technically possible with any audio hardware I'm aware of (they all have just a single audio clock).

5 hours ago, lucretius said:

Yes, I have the Virtual Audio Cable selected as the input device.  I installed 4.0.2 and this still does not work.  ??

image.thumb.png.ecc72e77b27fd1d3f095ba1bd6e6f62e.png

Are you getting same errors in the log? Now it even supports WASAPI shared mode as fallback if everything else fails... Maybe that virtual driver is broken is some other way...

Maybe they didn't want to bother creating DLL/DPLL to generate proper virtual sample clock for the audio and thus don't support event driven WASAPI mode at all. But it should still work in shared mode from Windows audio engine which runs it's own clock like CoreAudio on macOS...

5 minutes ago, Miska said:

Do you get playback started and time running? If you do, then the problem is likely somewhere else, like Apple's (understandable) privacy controls.

Regarding using Orpheus for both input and output - at the moment it is not possible. In most cases HQPlayer would be doing upsampling for example from digital input to DAC output and thus running input and output at different sample rates. And that is not possible with CoreAudio when the device is same and also not technically possible with any audio hardware I'm aware of (they all have just a single audio clock).

With Loopback it works ;)

only strange thing: just if the MacBook is running on 44.1... but Orpheus on 88.1... mmmhhh

Habe to play with the setting I guess ;)

Greetings

Christian

5 minutes ago, chriss0212 said:

With Loopback it works ;)

only strange thing: just if the MacBook is running on 44.1... but Orpheus on 88.1... mmmhhh

Habe to play with the setting I guess ;)

It is running rate conversion somewhere... Orpheus can internally have only one sample rate... So definitely everything inside is running at the same rate, both ADC and DAC.

I will later look into adding full-duplex support (both input and output from same device at single rate), but it is very complex thing to do in multi-platform environment because each audio API/backend are so different (CoreAudio vs ALSA vs WASAPI vs ASIO).

14 minutes ago, Miska said:

It is running rate conversion somewhere... Orpheus can internally have only one sample rate... So definitely everything inside is running at the same rate, both ADC and DAC.

I will later look into adding full-duplex support (both input and output from same device at single rate), but it is very complex thing to do in multi-platform environment because each audio API/backend are so different (CoreAudio vs ALSA vs WASAPI vs ASIO).

Yes, I think OS System settings. I already tried to switch everything to 88.1 but no sound... maybe I have to play with bit depth.

Thank you so much!

Christian

I just tried to upgrade my HQ Player Desktop to the latest version. I currently have HQPlayer 3 Desktop & downloaded the new HQPlayer 4 Desktop, but obviously this is not going to work as a stand alone player.

Is the stand alone player not available anymore? 

What do I do if I have to reload my computer or get a new computer?

Many thanks,

John

1 hour ago, sootshe said:

I just tried to upgrade my HQ Player Desktop to the latest version. I currently have HQPlayer 3 Desktop & downloaded the new HQPlayer 4 Desktop, but obviously this is not going to work as a stand alone player.

Is the stand alone player not available anymore? 

What do I do if I have to reload my computer or get a new computer?

It is still "standalone" player, but split into two parts, server and client. You can run both in the same computer as well.

You can also use the server as standalone player in various ways, just browser for the built-in library has been split out as a separate client. Everything else is as it used to be.

On 5/2/2019 at 11:29 PM, Miska said:

Have you checked that your DAC is not set as default audio device for macOS?

This is how things look like for me on iMac:

958637448_ScreenShot2017-12-31at12_48_07.png.eb8df642039ac14ee76d8fdacca40ac2.png

In this case, iFi is selected as device in HQPlayer.

And if you run Roon (or A+ or something else) on the same computer simultaneously, make sure the DAC is not enabled as output zone there. Otherwise someone else can end up stealing the audio device and then you get symptoms like that. If you use A+ too, you need to disable it's "system optimization" features.

After downloading and installing 4.02 I received failed sound device notification again. 4.01 was working well before that. After I downloaded 4.02 wifi was turned out, I do not use internet connection in mac mini, it is only for audio, and I am trying to turn off everything what is not needed for audio reproduction. Well, after wifi was turned on, no failure notification and 4.02 works... 

23 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

Also, it seem the sound changed in 402 in comparison with 401. Back to 3?) @Le Concombre Masqué ?

no worries sometimes i prefer HQP3 , sometimes HQP4  with polysincext 2  , and the next day i will find HQP4 with polysinc LP  the best of all .

i just call it "mood of the day" not real sound change 😉

PC audio /Roon + HQPLAYER / HOLO Spring 2 / / DIY AD1 SET tube amp  /  DIY Altec 2 way horn Speaker

2 hours ago, juanitox said:

no worries sometimes i prefer HQP3 , sometimes HQP4  with polysincext 2  , and the next day i will find HQP4 with polysinc LP  the best of all .

i just call it "mood of the day" not real sound change 😉

No reason for worries, don't be upset...) Just wanted to check with those, who discussed the change of sound from 3 to 4, do we hear the same change from 4.01 to 4.02 or am I dreaming.