IGNORED

HQ Player

7 minutes ago, freesteve said:

any one know where the log file is located on a mac for HQ Player... Thanks.

First check that it is enabled in Preferences. If not, enable and then restart HQPlayer and do the problematic thing to gather full log.

On Mac and Linux, log file is at "~/.hqplayer" folder called HQPlayer4Desktop.log and on Windows same file is located in "%LOCALAPPDATA%\HQPlayer" folder.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

I have also no sound in HQ-P 4. Playback is not starting. same as freestone.

I am not a Mac Pro... just using it to play my music, so how can I go to the LOG location to copy it?

I am using a MBP 2011 with HighSierra.

HQ-P3 is working without problems

I have an 8 Channel Setup with convolving enabled.

Audio Interface: PrismSound Orpheus with FireWire

What I am wondering is: Processing Time in the lower left corner is 3080.689 seconds!!!

Greetings

Christian

Just a byline ...my processing time is very close to Christian s

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

19 minutes ago, chriss0212 said:

Even no sound no playback on Windows.

i tried to DragnDrop a file into HQP but it is not starting. And no Log Fil in AppData HQ Folder!

You need to enable log file from HQPlayer Settings first. It is not enabled by default because it will otherwise slowly keep consuming your disk space for no reason (if not needed).

What is not starting? Does the file appear on the playlist?

Hmm im getting this from the log file 

& 2019/04/29 22:27:03 Set transport (2): D:\Software Backups\Software Misc Backup\Playlist - Copy\Ivan Torrent.m3u8
# 2019/04/29 22:27:03 clReadFLAC::Open(): clDirEntry::ReadDir(): FindFirstFileW()
& 2019/04/29 22:27:03 Set transport (4): D:\Software Backups\Software Misc Backup\Playlist - Copy\Ivan Torrent.m3u8
# 2019/04/29 22:27:03 clReadWAV::Open(): clDirEntry::ReadDir(): FindFirstFileW()
& 2019/04/29 22:27:03 Set transport (3): D:\Software Backups\Software Misc Backup\Playlist - Copy\Ivan Torrent.m3u8
# 2019/04/29 22:27:03 clReadDSD::Open(): clDirEntry::ReadDir(): FindFirstFileW()
& 2019/04/29 22:27:05 Play
# 2019/04/29 22:27:05 clControlThread::ParseMsg(): clHQPlayerEngine::Play(): Transport == NULL

EDIT: OK so playing playlists from transport view works but album view doesn't

32 minutes ago, Yviena said:

Hmm im getting this from the log file 

& 2019/04/29 22:27:03 Set transport (2): D:\Software Backups\Software Misc Backup\Playlist - Copy\Ivan Torrent.m3u8
# 2019/04/29 22:27:03 clReadFLAC::Open(): clDirEntry::ReadDir(): FindFirstFileW()
& 2019/04/29 22:27:03 Set transport (4): D:\Software Backups\Software Misc Backup\Playlist - Copy\Ivan Torrent.m3u8
# 2019/04/29 22:27:03 clReadWAV::Open(): clDirEntry::ReadDir(): FindFirstFileW()
& 2019/04/29 22:27:03 Set transport (3): D:\Software Backups\Software Misc Backup\Playlist - Copy\Ivan Torrent.m3u8
# 2019/04/29 22:27:03 clReadDSD::Open(): clDirEntry::ReadDir(): FindFirstFileW()
& 2019/04/29 22:27:05 Play
# 2019/04/29 22:27:05 clControlThread::ParseMsg(): clHQPlayerEngine::Play(): Transport == NULL

EDIT: OK so playing playlists from transport view works but album view doesn't

This is easy to fix... :)

28 minutes ago, chriss0212 said:

Here my log files on OSX. I send both...HQP3&HQP4 and the settings. Maybe you can find a difference why it is not working ;) 

This seems to be a CoreAudio problem. Likely problem here is that input and output devices are configured to be same. I probably need to add check for this. So far I've tested this on macOS with three different DACs, but not with Prism. I have a Lyra though, but it is USB device. Only Firewire DAC I have is Mytek, so I'll check with that again.

For privacy reasons I would prefer to have log files over email instead of public forum. Not that it would likely contain much sensitive information, but still...

1 hour ago, AnotherSpin said:

Miska, 4.01 hot fix doesn't work with Mojave again... 

Here is log file

HQPlayer4Desktop.log 62.83 kB · 2 downloads

Seems to be some strange network problem, HQPlayer failing to bind for listening network connections. I have a potential guess, please leave HQPlayer closed for five minutes before trying to start it again. If it doesn't help, rebooting macOS at least should help if my guess is correct.

Another problem but not fatal here is having DAC as input device:

2019/04/29 23:25:50 CoreAudio input device: Gungnir Gen 5 (39) - Schiit Audio 
  2019/04/29 23:25:50 CoreAudio input selected device: 39

21 minutes ago, chriss0212 said:

does it mean that even on OSX it is not possible tu use the same interface for input and output?

sh... I thought, I could use the input of the Prism for vinyl input and convolve it ;)

Not right now on any OS. Typical use case is to have input and output running at different sampling rate/format because HQPlayer is usually used for upsampling etc. And that is not technically possible when input and output are the same device.

So for example on my desktop system, input is RME ADI-2 Pro (optical, coax, AES and ADC) and output is Holo Audio Spring DAC.

I will look into adding such capability sometime in future, but it is special case and requires huge amount of special case work to make it happen.

'Not right now on any OS. Typical use case is to have input and output running at different sampling rate/format because HQPlayer is usually used for upsampling etc. And that is not technically possible when input and output are the same device."

OK, this is WAY over my head!

Do I need 2 Dacs to run HQ 4>?

I don't get Input and Output-

I just listen to Files from my iMac.

It seems to work fine, but I really do Not understand the new settings set-up. 

On the other hand, it seems fine.

This other stuff must not apply to my set up.

Or does it?

4 hours ago, Miska said:

I've already fixed the problem caused by the CUDA update. But it is a bit strange one.

Wow, that's quick work and great news. Thank you, Jussi! Will the next hotfix / update allow closed-form-16M to run using CUDA offload on HQPlayer 4.xx?

Desktop: HQ Player --> Singxer SU-1 --> Matrix X-Sabre Pro --> McChanson SuperSilver UltimatE

Headphones: Audeze MM-500, Meze Audio Elite, Focal Utopia 2022, Focal Bathys (Wireless)

Portable Gear: Hiby RS6, xDuoo XD05 Bal 2, FiiO BTR7, Creative BT-W5, FiiTii HiFiDots TWS

Nearfield Active Speakers: Audioengine HD3 

Power Conditioning: Furman Elite-15 PFi

On 4/28/2019 at 7:43 AM, Hammer said:

Upon further testing, I find that I can stream Roon to different installation of HQPlayer 4 Desktop installed on a Windows 10 machine.  so my problem is streaming to the HQPlayer 4 Desktop running on Server 2016.  But again, Roon to HQPlayer 3 works on the same Server 2016 machine.  Hopefully, the log (in prior posting) will shed some light!  thank you.

Hi, still trying to get 4.01 to work on my system...not sure if this is helpful.  I notice that when I play from Roon to 4.01 with CUDA enabled, I don’t get any “feedback” in Roon in that it doesn’t appear to hang...just that nothing happens.  However, when I play to 4.01 without CUDA enabled, I actual see the star that shows the signal path light up.  So, while music still does not play and the time counter still does not move, it appears more “progress” is made in the playback process.  Please let me know if there is anything else that might be helpful for me to check/troubleshoot.  Thank you.

Jussi,

I am getting the "accept incoming network connections?" dialog box and a "Failed to open audio device. Please check settings!" dialog box. After clicking allow network connections and ok on the failed to open audio device preference pane opens and audio device is there. After clicking through everything everything appears to work properly. I checked system Prefs/Firewall pane and HQPlayer 4 desktop is listed twice as is HQPlayer 3 twice and set to "allow incoming connections". Is this normal behavior for version 4? Running Mac OS Mojave 10.14.4

Thanks in advance for your input.

HQP4 Messages when starting.png

I'm successfully playing 4.01 on my existing system meant for 3.25 (at least the trial version....haven't upgraded yet).  In my case it's an elderly 8 core 2008 Mac Pro 3.0 Ghz, 16 GB of RAM hacked to run High Sierra. I could move it to Mojave but there would be some problems with existing software I support on this system.  Not using CUDA....Nvidia graphics card is too old.

I have two different NAAs on my network, both talking to Oppo DACs (a HA-2 portable and a UDP-205).  The NAAs are both running Windows 10.  Both play correctly.

Lastly, everything uses Roon in my house and that works too.  The Roon server and HQPlayer run on the same old Mac Pro.  At some point I will retire the Mac Pro for a faster machine but right now, this is what I have.

5 minutes ago, ckpiv said:

I am getting the "accept incoming network connections?" dialog box and a "Failed to open audio device. Please check settings!" dialog box. After clicking allow network connections and ok on the failed to open audio device preference pane opens and audio device is there. After clicking through everything everything appears to work properly. I checked system Prefs/Firewall pane and HQPlayer 4 desktop is listed twice as is HQPlayer 3 twice and set to "allow incoming connections". Is this normal behavior for version 4? Running Mac OS Mojave 10.14.4

If your output device is NAA and you have firewall active, it is normal behavior, also with HQPlayer 3, because HQPlayer gives up waiting for the NAA before you can click "Allow" on the dialog box. I just have macOS firewall turned off because it harms more than helps on my local network anyway.