IGNORED

HQ Player

42 minutes ago, Miska said:

If you can run it, can you try without CUDA offload? Because that filter implementation is exactly the same between Desktop 3.25.3 and Desktop 4.0.0, only difference being update of CUDA framework from 10.0 to 10.1...

I found and fixed the problem. Nvidia probably did optimization which broke my code, but that has been fixed now...

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

41 minutes ago, Miska said:

If you can run it, can you try without CUDA offload? Because that filter implementation is exactly the same between Desktop 3.25.3 and Desktop 4.0.0, only difference being update of CUDA framework from 10.0 to 10.1...

It does indeed work after disabling CUDA offload. My CPU is still able to do the closed-form-16M upsampling on its own so I'll keep this setting now.

4 hours ago, Miska said:

Yes, with CUDA offload de-selected, closed-form-16M does run. However, cpu usage is 30% whereas on HQ Player 3.xx it was 12-15%, similar GPU usage (10-15%) with CUDA offload to GeForce 1060. I do prefer to share the load, might this be possible in a future update?

Thank you!

Desktop: HQ Player --> Singxer SU-1 --> Matrix X-Sabre Pro --> McChanson SuperSilver UltimatE

Headphones: Audeze MM-500, Meze Audio Elite, Focal Utopia 2022, Focal Bathys (Wireless)

Portable Gear: Hiby RS6, xDuoo XD05 Bal 2, FiiO BTR7, Creative BT-W5, FiiTii HiFiDots TWS

Nearfield Active Speakers: Audioengine HD3 

Power Conditioning: Furman Elite-15 PFi

14 hours ago, Bob Stern said:

To receive input from a virtual (or physical) audio device, I discovered there is a 2nd step required:

Step 1:  Select the desired input device in Settings.  

Step 2:  In the main screen of of HQP4Desktop, there is a text field labeled "Content source URI" immediately below the elapsed time progress bar and above the playlist.  Click the popup arrow at the right end of that text field and select the entry corresponding to the sample rate of the source, e.g., "audio:default/44100/2".  (You can type it in, but the popup obviously is easier.)

(Step 2 implies that, like HQP Embedded, HQP4Desktop does not automatically adapt to different source sample rates.  You must change this manually.)

Step 3:  Click the Play button.

Step 2 alternatively can be performed using the popup menu in the upper right corner of the Play view of the Client program.  Of course, Step 3 also can be performed in the Client.

To stop playback, I find you must use the Stop button, not Pause.

(I only tried this on a Mac.)

That doesn't work on Windows.

mQa is dead!

7 hours ago, Miska said:

Support for inputs is feature of 4.x series...

On Windows, HQPlayer doesn't seem to work with loopback software, I'm looking into this. Likely it is related to HQPlayer trying to use WASAPI Exclusive mode and those software devices not supporting it.

OK. Downloaded 4.1 and saw the dialog box with inputs.  I tried it out but,  as you know, it doesn't work with WIndows.  I'm going to uninstall this version until you get the inputs working.  At that time, would I be able to re-start the 30 trial? Thanks.

mQa is dead!

Just installed the new desktop 4.0 today and so far only get to test run poly-sinc-ext2 and poly-sinc-xtr-lp for now, but the SQ is a clear step up from the 3.x version.  I am very impressed with the progress HQPlayer is making over the years, and this version is well worth the small cost it commands.

19 hours ago, Miska said:

Please make sure rate limit is set to 44.1k x128 (5.6 MHz) and that "Auto rate family" is not enabled. Many DACs don't support DSD at 48k-base rates.

Thank you so much, unchecked Auto rate family solved the issue ...

B&W 800 Diamond D2, Goldmund Eidos Reference CD, Goldmund Telos 600, Goldmund Mimesis 32, Cello Audio Palette MIV.[br]MacBook Pro, LIO, Mytek 192, HD800, Luxman SQ-38U, Luxman MQ-88u

Miska, I tried to listen hotfix today. No success, it shows "failed to open sound device" message and drag and drop doesn't work again. But, it was working yesterday! Of course, I didn't change anything in computer. No idea what's going on.

Well, I decided to go from Hight Sierra to Mojave. After installation tried 4.0 - doesn't work with Mojave. Hotfix works.

Sound is great.

15 hours ago, bobflood said:

Also, would there be any benefit to allowing an option to have HQP Win Desktop version set as a service so it would start automatically at start?

I was able to do this a long time a go. Well, not set is as a service, but at least HQPlayer starts automatically after a boot. 

I think i even made a userguide in Roon forum. (As I needed Roon extention to automaticly start after reboot)

So I guess a google search should point you in the right direction. 

Miska....  version 3 works fine; however 4.1 does not work, even after a re-boot and my configurations are the same as 3.0.  Please assist,  thanks...

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

Any suggestions why I cannot get 4.1 to work; same preferences as 3.5 and that still works.  Thanks,.1211725013_ScreenShot2019-04-29at5_06_31AM.thumb.png.95be6946f7e231307014dd53c6c6a46d.png

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

Problems getting 256 upsampling with Mytek Liberty.

I installed 4.0.  I have a Mytek Liberty and am using Roon.  I can get upsampling with 128, but when I set it to 256, I only get PCM upsampling.

What settings should I use to get 256, which I know the mytek is able to do.

The issue I have with 4.1 running Mojave is that when I press play, the loading does not happen and no tracks play... suggestions are welcome, again, thank you.

with DoP on or off, still a "no go,"  but thanks... @ 192  at least I have movement in the loading bar, but still no play...  I am sure Jussi will fix,

17 hours ago, bobflood said:

Is there a reason why Closed Form 16M is exclusive to the SDM selections and Closed Form M is exclusive to the PCM selections? I just noticed this when looking over the filter options on HQP 4xx.

Because it would cause excessive extra delay at PCM rates... 16 million at DSD512 is less than a second, at something like 88.2k it is three minutes!

17 hours ago, LoryWiv said:

Yes, with CUDA offload de-selected, closed-form-16M does run. However, cpu usage is 30% whereas on HQ Player 3.xx it was 12-15%, similar GPU usage (10-15%) with CUDA offload to GeForce 1060. I do prefer to share the load, might this be possible in a future update?

I've already fixed the problem caused by the CUDA update. But it is a bit strange one.

16 hours ago, lucretius said:

OK. Downloaded 4.1 and saw the dialog box with inputs.  I tried it out but,  as you know, it doesn't work with WIndows.  I'm going to uninstall this version until you get the inputs working.  At that time, would I be able to re-start the 30 trial? Thanks.

Well, inputs certainly do work, from both WASAPI and ASIO, just not software loopback things (unless you can find one for ASIO) because they seem to lack support for WASAPI Exclusive mode. I've tested both digital and analog inputs through RME ADI-2 Pro on all three platforms. Also DSD256 input works.

6 hours ago, freesteve said:

Miska....  version 3 works fine; however 4.1 does not work, even after a re-boot and my configurations are the same as 3.0.  Please assist,  thanks...

Can you email me a HQPlayer log file of failed playback attempt please?

12 hours ago, Yviena said:

@Miskajust wondering but does dithering done in the DAC (dithered digital volume control etc) replace the noise shaped dither done in hqplayer?

Many DACs don't even do dither when they do digital volume control, they just truncate at 24- or 32-bit.

But even if it does dither, it doesn't destroy noise shaped (or other) dither if you dither to lower word length in HQPlayer than the DAC itself does. For example if you dither to 20-bit in HQPlayer and DAC performs dither at 24-bit, it has no effect on HQPlayer's dither unless you actually use that digital volume control instead of setting it to 0 dB and turn it down enough that the four bits in this example case would be gone.

OK,  where do I find the log file on my mac for HQ Player?  Thanks...

any one know where the log file is located on a mac for HQ Player... Thanks.