IGNORED

HQ Player

26 minutes ago, Johnseye said:

xtr has 1M taps in PCM but ext2 doesn't have that many correct?  Does sinc-M have 1M taps?  I've been assuming the M stands for million.

xtr and ext2 have roughly the same, for same conversion ratio, but they don't have any fixed number of taps. And yes, sinc-M has one million taps.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Thanks for a quick response Miska

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

4 minutes ago, Miska said:

xtr and ext2 have roughly the same, for same conversion ratio, but they don't have any fixed number of taps. And yes, sinc-M has one million taps.

Ah ok, so no fixed number of taps for xtr and ext2.  Would they ever have over one million taps and is sinc-M a consistent one million taps?

12 minutes ago, Yviena said:

Does this change things or is linearity still 17-18 bits ?

No, it doesn't change, when it starts to go off, it goes off...

And yeah, the mentioned PCM1704 is nowhere near 24-bit capable either. :) Based on it's datasheet it is linear to -90 dB within +-0.5 dB.

You can linearize these by sticking to the linear range and using noise shaping or at least proper dither.

10 hours ago, Miska said:

What settings are you trying to run there?

First GPU I have that can do poly-sinc-xtr from 44.1k and 48k to 44.1x512 is RTX2080. What particular improvement in the GPU architecture made that happen, I don't know. (Turing is sort of cost-optimized version of Volta) Maybe it is related to this new feature although I don't do so much integer, but memory address calculations are part of integer though:

• concurrent execution of integer and floating point operations

Not sure how much latency they had earlier for switching between the two. Also memory access speeds have been improving all the time.

Problem is just that synthetic benchmarks don't correlate very well with real world applications. Kepler is older architecture, so it doesn't have all the features of for example Volta. In benchmarks for example there's usually single task running on GPU with fairly small data set and no communication with CPU. While HQPlayer has somewhat larger data set and runs multiple GPU tasks in parallel and actively communicates with the CPU. Multitasking is one area where Nvidia has been improving in recent generations.

This is not necessary... You only need latest drivers.

I don't think so, if HQPlayer runs on the GPU then it is all fine from that perspective. There's no such option, all the features are always enabled.

This is my settings:

blob.thumb.png.a23fb2673dea8d46c658634885efa5e6.pngblob.png.61ef70e933cdff5f23a56613675325fd.png

@Miska  I was wondering, when direct sdm is checked and you are upsampling flac files to DSD, the volume is fixed. Doing the same without it checked let the volume become variable. In the first case, do the other settings in the DSDIFF/DSF settings matter? Does the SQ differ between the two? I have a passive preamp between my DAC and amp so I can use fixed volume.

12 hours ago, bothandneither33 said:

@Miska  I was wondering, when direct sdm is checked and you are upsampling flac files to DSD, the volume is fixed. Doing the same without it checked let the volume become variable. In the first case, do the other settings in the DSDIFF/DSF settings matter? Does the SQ differ between the two? I have a passive preamp between my DAC and amp so I can use fixed volume.

In that case, only Integrator matters for DSD-to-DSD processing. The sound quality difference comes mostly from other possible processing, for example upsampling DSD content to higher rate.

But other than that, if you have Direct SDM enabled and thus fixed volume for DSD output, please keep eye on Limited counter in main window that it stays 0. For most content, the fixed volume setting should be fine, but for some fairly rare content it may still trigger the limiter. In such cases it is better to turn off Direct SDM and lower the volume enough that limiting stops.

Hello

Just downloaded and installed the software to do a trial. On both 32 and 64bit installations I get the initial start up screen and then nothing. Any help appreciated

Thanks

Peach Audio Iso Transformer, Linn Akurate DSM, McIntosh MA2275 

Paradigm 30th Anniversary Tributes, SVS SB13 Ultra x2, Dynaudio BM5A MKII

2 hours ago, Miska said:

Which OS are you on? What CPU model do you have?

Thanks for getting back so quickly. 

Windows 8.1 64bit, i7 4710mq

22 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

Couple of days ago Kindle Reader app cold not be opened at the same time while iso2dsd app was working. It was mac OS, but, maybe it will give you a lead?...)

Thanks. I've restarted a couple of times but I'll have a look at background programs and shut stuff down

I am running Windows Server 2012 R and can't get HQPlayer (latest desktop version) to run.  I keep getting the 0xc000007b error.  My version of WS 2012R is completely updated.  Is there some other .Net Framework that I should be installing?

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

6 minutes ago, dminches said:

I am running Windows Server 2012 R and can't get HQPlayer (latest desktop version) to run.  I keep getting the 0xc000007b error.  My version of WS 2012R is completely updated.  Is there some other .Net Framework that I should be installing?

I think I had the wrong version of qwave.dll.  I copied an earlier version and now it works.

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

3 minutes ago, dminches said:

I think I had the wrong version of qwave.dll.  I copied an earlier version and now it works.

Copying qwave.dll doesn't make it work, it may only make error go away. Correct solution is to install the missing network QoS feature, which is by default installed on all desktop editions of Windows.

Otherwise you are missing the components qwave.dll talks to.

So no luck....

Have re-downloaded, restarted, reinstalled, closed tasks, checked firewall and antivirus but nothing seems to work.

HQPlayer pops up in task manager for a few seconds then gone

Not sure what to do....

5 hours ago, bunno77 said:

So no luck....

Have re-downloaded, restarted, reinstalled, closed tasks, checked firewall and antivirus but nothing seems to work.

HQPlayer pops up in task manager for a few seconds then gone

Not sure what to do....

Have you ever had it installed before?

Please uninstall first and then check that nothing remains under C:\Program Files\Signalyst and C:\Program Files (x86)\Signalyst and also that there's nothing under %LOCALAPPDATA%\HQPlayer

If there is, remove those first before reinstalling the software and see if it helps. Other than that, I'm pretty much running out of ideas.

I'm assuming you are installing from "HQPlayerDesktop3-setup-3253.exe" downloaded from www.signalyst.com

I am installing a new OS on my music PC so I have to reinstall everything.  Is NAA still needed?  I noticed that I was able to play to my microRendu without first installing it.  I can't recall what role the network audio daemon plays.

13 minutes ago, dminches said:

I am installing a new OS on my music PC so I have to reinstall everything.  Is NAA still needed?  I noticed that I was able to play to my microRendu without first installing it.  I can't recall what role the network audio daemon plays.

NAA is required if you want to use another PC as an endpoint instead of the microRendu.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments