IGNORED

HQ Player

Hi Miska a question :
HQP may support the wavpack format

sistema:

Server HDPlex (i7-6700-WS2016) HQPlayer con Ramdisk + HQPDcontrol > Macmini (roon core+Qobuz) o HQPlayer Client + Qobuz > HDPlex NAA (celeron G1840T-WS2016) NAD con Ramdisk, o miniPC Fitlet con immagine di Miska > Denafrips Ares2 , SPLvolume2 > Monitor KH+sub

12 hours ago, Miska said:

OK, I'm running out of ideas what could be the cause... Is it clean stock Win10 installation? What kind of computer hardware is it? Maybe someone else has any ideas?

Is the animation is startup splash screen smooth? You can try to open the alternative touch / fullscreen GUI in HQPlayer and from there the cover flow, scroll it up/down with mouse wheel and see if it is sluggish or fast. If it is sluggish, then it is likely some GPU issue and OpenGL rendering is slow.

If you tried with the mentioned alternative AV's, then it is not that either...

Okay tried full screen.Message says cannot curentlyshow the desktop.I did open a few times but froze.Weird works with no issues if I use roon on its own through naa.Find to with slow response when I stop music takes about 10 secs for music to stop.When this happens when I start again get stuttering .Have to restart song to stop.If I just let HQPLAYER and ROON run without interference no issues.Also when hook core pc to dac direct bypassing naa device works properly.Issue definetly a issue when using naa.

Hi Miska
qobuz or tidal to go through HQP only with embedded?
other options ?

sistema:

Server HDPlex (i7-6700-WS2016) HQPlayer con Ramdisk + HQPDcontrol > Macmini (roon core+Qobuz) o HQPlayer Client + Qobuz > HDPlex NAA (celeron G1840T-WS2016) NAD con Ramdisk, o miniPC Fitlet con immagine di Miska > Denafrips Ares2 , SPLvolume2 > Monitor KH+sub

1 hour ago, giordy60 said:

qobuz or tidal to go through HQP only with embedded?
other options ?

Both work using UPnP capable sources using HQPlayer Embedded. Tidal works from Roon with both HQPlayer Desktop and HQPlayer Embedded. If Roon begins to support Qobuz at some point, it solves that case for Desktop too.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

On 11/14/2018 at 3:06 AM, Miska said:

OK, I'm running out of ideas what could be the cause... Is it clean stock Win10 installation? What kind of computer hardware is it? Maybe someone else has any ideas?

Is the animation is startup splash screen smooth? You can try to open the alternative touch / fullscreen GUI in HQPlayer and from there the cover flow, scroll it up/down with mouse wheel and see if it is sluggish or fast. If it is sluggish, then it is likely some GPU issue and OpenGL rendering is slow.

If you tried with the mentioned alternative AV's, then it is not that either...

Hooked  main Pc straight to dac no issues.Used my old windows pc as a naa no issues.Is it possible nuc not powerfull enough.Bottom of the line intel nuc ?

45 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Hooked  main Pc straight to dac no issues.Used my old windows pc as a naa no issues.Is it possible nuc not powerfull enough.Bottom of the line intel nuc ?

For NAA? Not really, the lightest machine I've used for Windows-based NAA has been CL100 which is not particularly powerful. Worked just fine at DSD512 to T+A DAC8 DSD.

If you are using ASIO on the NAA, please check ASIO control panel settings for the driver, depending on your DAC/driver. Select as large buffer as possible, and if there's "safety level", set it to safest value.

43 minutes ago, Miska said:

For NAA? Not really, the lightest machine I've used for Windows-based NAA has been CL100 which is not particularly powerful. Worked just fine at DSD512 to T+A DAC8 DSD.

If you are using ASIO on the NAA, please check ASIO control panel settings for the driver, depending on your DAC/driver. Select as large buffer as possible, and if there's "safety level", set it to safest value.

Using Asio driver that is supplied from the dac company..Don’t think there is a control panel ? Or we’re do I look ?

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Using Asio driver that is supplied from the dac company..Don’t think there is a control panel ? Or we’re do I look ?

If the driver is sourced for example from Amanero, there's no control panel. If it is sourced from Thesycon there is. Thesycon puts it's control panel app in system tray.

10 minutes ago, Miska said:

If the driver is sourced for example from Amanero, there's no control panel. If it is sourced from Thesycon there is. Thesycon puts it's control panel app in system tray.

I guess I have no control panel then for driver.What about buffer size in HQPlayer.Also have 32 bit dac.Do I set at 32 or default ? Thanks

5 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I guess I have no control panel then for driver.What about buffer size in HQPlayer.Also have 32 bit dac.Do I set at 32 or default ? Thanks

Default is usually good at HQPlayer, but you can try to change it to 100 ms. Whether ASIO driver allows it depends on the driver (Amanero doesn't, it has always fixed buffer size). For 32-bit DAC you can safely leave it at Default.

14 hours ago, Em2016 said:

Don't forget Audirvana can play direct to HQP Embedded. Supports both Qobuz and Tidal @giordy60

Edit: my apologies, looks like this was about HQP Desktop edition

Audirvana can play to HQPDesktop?

I wasn't aware of this... how do I have to setup everything to make this work?

Thanks in advance!

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | NAD C 316BEE | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

For HQPlayer Embedded, at least BubbleUPnP for Android and mConnect Player (HD) for iOS work with Tidal. Both list support for Qobuz too, so I'd expect those to work too, although I haven't tested due to unavailability of Qobuz in Finland. If someone has such setup working, could hopefully comment here...

5 hours ago, sig8 said:

I know it has been discussed before...

How do I get rid of pop when changing from DSD to PCM using HQPe? I am using a Holo Spring DAC in single PC setup.

If there is a pop, it is a DAC feature (not properly muting the transition long enough). But generally with Spring, I'd recommend to stick with DSD512 for all content.

Still looking for ideas.Run Roon and HQPlayer.Run HQPlayer and Roon on core PC.Use a intel nuc for naa.Can run Roon with no issues by itself.When I introduce HQPlayer get very slow response when controlling through I pad air or windows laptop.And will often get stuttering when new song begins.Core machine has a i7 8086K, a z390 asus maximus hero motherboard,16gb corsair platinum ram 3200mhz,and M,2 ssd.PC is only use for music.Naa is a intel nuc.Both machines Windows 10.Core and PC wired.Core PC is hooked to main router asus ac3100 which is upstairs.Second router is asus ac87U used as acsess point which is connected to the nuc and is in the basement for my home theatre room.Upsampling to DSD for all.My collection is on external ssd hooked to core.Files are 44.1 16bit.Also use with Tidal.Even tried hooking core pc and nuc to same router same issues.Remove naa hook computer straight to dac works perfect ?

Curiosity got the best of me again, couldn’t leave well enough alone.  I upgraded Lubuntu to 18.10, and HQPlayer doesn’t work correctly.  It starts, but (1) When I try to play something, it crashes; and (2) Dragging and dropping a folder no longer shows the tracks in the folder, it shows the folder name as the “track” to be played.

I’m thinking perhaps files I allowed the upgrade to get rid of were necessary for HQP’s proper operation.  I’ve tried simply reinstalling, but no change.

So - suggestions for getting HQP working correctly with 18.10?  Or simpler to just reinstall 18.04?  (And my apologies for bothering folks when Miska’s repeatedly talked about the .04 builds being those he supports.)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.