IGNORED

HQ Player

Hello Miska

I have the correct checksum... still getting the same messages that I can not open the disk image.  Please advice.

I used your backup server also.. same issue

Just for music:Mac Mini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 60GB SSD, 16GB RAM (Mid 2011) OS X El Capitan 10.11.3 > WD NAS 6TB > Audirvana+>Roon Server > HQPlayer >iPad for Roon Remote> Teac UD-503 DAC > Audio Quest Cinnamon USB cable > Cambridge Audio Azur 840C > Cambridge Audio Azur 840A > Polk LSi 15 > DIY Speaker Cables.

8 minutes ago, semente said:

The checksum matches but mounting fails.

The ".eu" image doesn't work either...

I'm on Mac OS 10.11.6 by the way.

Strange... I have tested this DMG on High Sierra and Mojave. I don't have anything older at hand. This is first release built on Mojave, so maybe Apple has once again changed something?

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

51 minutes ago, semente said:

I'm on Mac OS 10.11.6 by the way.

me too!

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

I'm on Mac 10.13.6, downloaded HQ 3.25 from the Signalyst Web Site ( the only one I know about, I'm not on Facebook/Twitter.)

Anyway, took a minute to download and is fine, as always.

I'm staying away from Mojave until I know my other Software, mainly Finale and Audiogate will be compatible.

Were the DMG problems just on older OS's, or Mojave too?

41 minutes ago, copy_of_a said:

me too!

Me too., 10.11.6

Just for music:Mac Mini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 60GB SSD, 16GB RAM (Mid 2011) OS X El Capitan 10.11.3 > WD NAS 6TB > Audirvana+>Roon Server > HQPlayer >iPad for Roon Remote> Teac UD-503 DAC > Audio Quest Cinnamon USB cable > Cambridge Audio Azur 840C > Cambridge Audio Azur 840A > Polk LSi 15 > DIY Speaker Cables.

15 minutes ago, Miska said:

OK, found the reason why it didn't work on older macOS. Apple has switched default filesystem of DMG to APFS (makes sense), for this reason it doesn't work on releases older than High Sierra. Luckily it is possible to change it back to HFS+. So I recreated the DMG and also switched to more efficient compression which decompresses faster (requires 10.11+). So those who are on pre-High Sierra and couldn't open the DMG, please download again, new SHA-256 is:

dead3d419af350abb2a78f4f7b607b08cafa1163e51e32711d43844fd34d6bc8

There are no changes to the software, so if you got the 3.25 already installed on newer macOS, no need to do anything. 

I've downloaded the new DMG and it works fine.

Thanks!

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

1 hour ago, Miska said:

OK, found the reason why it didn't work on older macOS. Apple has switched default filesystem of DMG to APFS (makes sense), for this reason it doesn't work on releases older than High Sierra. Luckily it is possible to change it back to HFS+. So I recreated the DMG and also switched to more efficient compression which decompresses faster (requires 10.11+). So those who are on pre-High Sierra and couldn't open the DMG, please download again, new SHA-256 is:

dead3d419af350abb2a78f4f7b607b08cafa1163e51e32711d43844fd34d6bc8

There are no changes to the software, so if you got the 3.25 already installed on newer macOS, no need to do anything.

works just fine.

great - many thanks!!

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

Working great... Thank you Miska.

21 hours ago, Miska said:

It always comes with the software. On Windows and Linux you can find it from Start-menu. And on Mac it is part of the DMG and you can place it where you like.

hi Miska,

I have the embedded version of HQP and updates under my Linux machine is by terminal command. I don't seem to have access to the latest manual that way.

Any chance there is a link on your website to download manually?

10 minutes ago, flkin said:

have the embedded version of HQP and updates under my Linux machine is by terminal command. I don't seem to have access to the latest manual that way.

Any chance there is a link on your website to download manually?

Only manual at the moment for Embedded is the readme.txt included in the package.... If you'd like Desktop's manual, you  can download and install it on some other computer.

Hi,

I have updated to 3.25 and my CUDA offload refuses to work now. It was working fine in 3.23.

I'm running Win10 & my GPU is Nvidia Quadro M2000M with the latest drivers. I have even done a fresh install of windows and HQPlayer but still no good.

Is this latest release going to work with this card?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Yostin said:

I have updated to 3.25 and my CUDA offload refuses to work now. It was working fine in 3.23.

I'm running Win10 & my GPU is Nvidia Quadro M2000M with the latest drivers. I have even done a fresh install of windows and HQPlayer but still no good.

Is this latest release going to work with this card?

I don't have any code changes that would prevent it from working. Usually if offloading doesn't work it is because of driver version being too old versus the used CUDA toolkit version. Since 3.25 is built with CUDA 10, driver needs to also support it. At least Nvidia's site gives this as driver for your card and says it supports CUDA 10:

https://www.nvidia.com/drivers/results/137939

M2000M is Maxwell-generation, so it is not even that old.

1 hour ago, Yostin said:

Searching for my M2000M card (it's a notebook GPU) gives the following driver

https://www.nvidia.com/drivers/results/137614

If I go to the release notes for that driver it states support for CUDA 9.1 

Since HQPlayer 3.25 not support lower than CUDA 10 is it possible to download 3.24 from your site as it has the extra filters over 3.23?

Have you tried the more recent drivers if they complain? Of course it is a bit risky to play with display drivers, but if you create a restore point you should be able to back to older driver if something fails. Or even safe mode with generic VGA driver.

Usually they support whole product range with the same driver, but if they have not tested with a particular model, they don't list it as supported.

You can download at least previous version by just modifying the download URL. I don't keep all the older versions, but usually at least current - 1.

OK thank you for your help Miska.

I tried the latest driver but the install package does a model check and stops installation.

I've downloaded 3.24 now so will stick with that. Is there any chance future updates could be backwards compatible with lower CUDA releases?

4 minutes ago, Yostin said:

I've downloaded 3.24 now so will stick with that. Is there any chance future updates could be backwards compatible with lower CUDA releases?

OK, probably Nvidia will gradually upgrade their drivers as they finalize testing.

5 minutes ago, Yostin said:

Is there any chance future updates could be backwards compatible with lower CUDA releases?

No, not really an option, because that would have other limitations then, also for my development environment. You'll probably need to wait a little, but I'd expect Nvidia to refresh the drivers for you GPU too, since it is not even that old.

On 10/3/2018 at 12:09 AM, lucretius said:

I have detached cover images for both .flac and .dsf files.  Only the images for .flac files show up in Touch mode. What am I doing wrong?

On 10/3/2018 at 1:49 AM, lucretius said:

Yes, there in the same folder as the tracks. Named folder.jpg. I'll try re-scanning the library but I don't see how this would have an effect -- note that everything works fine for .flac files and many times I added the image after creating the library. 

I re-scanned my Library and now the covers do show up for .dsf files.  Thanks!

mQa is dead!

Since the latest update of HQPlayer and Windows weird things happening in task manager.When I open task manager showing cpu load of 28% but HQPlayer only showing around 6%,but no other cpu usages.The load before was around 28 % but HQPlayer was showing CPU usage of around 26% ?

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Since the latest update of HQPlayer and Windows weird things happening in task manager.When I open task manager showing cpu load of 28% but HQPlayer only showing around 6%,but no other cpu usages.The load before was around 28 % but HQPlayer was showing CPU usage of around 26% ?

That does sound strange.  I am on version 3.25, but not seeing the same issue you described, I have 34% usage on CPU and HQPlayer has around 32.5% usage.  Maybe Miska has some insight?

12 hours ago, elan120 said:

That does sound strange.  I am on version 3.25, but not seeing the same issue you described, I have 34% usage on CPU and HQPlayer has around 32.5% usage.  Maybe Miska has some insight?

an unpleasant novelty on my system (Windows 2012) is HQP quitting if left unattended (music files are wifi accessed if that matters). And after such an event I had to go to my backup in order ro replace a file that HQP would not consider anymore though still there with unchanged properties...

Miska,

With my top of the line 13"MacBook Pro late 2017, I can only do -2s filter variants for DSD512 upsampling, using bootcamp with Windows 10 Pro and Asio.

If I buy an external eGPU, will be possible I use poly-sinc (more ex2 and xtr) and closed-form ones?

If so, which external USB-C eGPU's do you recommend for use with my setup, giving me the best performance?

Thanks a lot.

8 hours ago, MemoryPlayer said:

With my top of the line 13"MacBook Pro late 2017, I can only do -2s filter variants for DSD512 upsampling, using bootcamp with Windows 10 Pro and Asio.

If I buy an external eGPU, will be possible I use poly-sinc (more ex2 and xtr) and closed-form ones?

If so, which external USB-C eGPU's do you recommend for use with my setup, giving me the best performance?

I have not tested such setup, so I cannot promise anything. But if you put the new GeForce RTX 2080 in external enclosure, it could be able to do that, although the Thunderbolt connection will be some amount of bottleneck compared to internal 16x PCIe. However, HQPlayer doesn't really consume so much bandwidth between CPU and GPU so the bandwidth bottleneck there shouldn't be an issue. With audio, the amount of data to transfer is much smaller than with graphics (especially something like 4K video).

For me, I have now RTX 2080 in my i7 7700K desktop, and it can now do xtr filter from 44.1k PCM to 22.5792M DSD512.

2 hours ago, Miska said:

I have not tested such setup, so I cannot promise anything. But if you put the new GeForce RTX 2080 in external enclosure, it could be able to do that, although the Thunderbolt connection will be some amount of bottleneck compared to internal 16x PCIe. However, HQPlayer doesn't really consume so much bandwidth between CPU and GPU so the bandwidth bottleneck there shouldn't be an issue. With audio, the amount of data to transfer is much smaller than with graphics (especially something like 4K video).

For me, I have now RTX 2080 in my i7 7700K desktop, and it can now do xtr filter from 44.1k PCM to 22.5792M DSD512.

Hi Miska,

Can you share with us which specific model GeForce RTX 2080 you are using for this? i.e. how much ram; etc.

Thanks

Geoff

Owner of: Sound Galleries, High-End Audio Dealer, Monaco