IGNORED

HQ Player

9 hours ago, sootshe said:

I don't see any album art when I'm using "full screen/touch mode" & on the "album view" screen.

The album art for each album is there when I select play view.

At the moment, the cover flow requires a detached cover image. So a file that contains either "cover" or "folder" in file name of jpg or png file and located in same folder where the tracks are. Most download purchases come with both detached and embedded cover art. Some few even have different embedded cover art for each track...

However, I could probably make HQPlayer extract embedded cover art to detached files automatically...

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Hi @Miska

I'm finding that when using the Closed Form M filter at 44.1, the music starts around 18 seconds after Roon starts playing and as Roon finishes before the music, it gets truncated at the end.

Is there any reason to use non-apodising filters like the Closed Form M on 44.1 files without upsampling? Can it work?

The reason is that I quite like what I'm hearing with this setup except that the music is delayed by 18 seconds.

8 hours ago, Miska said:

However, I could probably make HQPlayer extract embedded cover art to detached files automatically...

it would be great ?

sistema:

Server HDPlex (i7-6700-WS2016) HQPlayer con Ramdisk + HQPDcontrol > Macmini (roon core+Qobuz) o HQPlayer Client + Qobuz > HDPlex NAA (celeron G1840T-WS2016) NAD con Ramdisk, o miniPC Fitlet con immagine di Miska > Denafrips Ares2 , SPLvolume2 > Monitor KH+sub

what should be the max image size ? 

sistema:

Server HDPlex (i7-6700-WS2016) HQPlayer con Ramdisk + HQPDcontrol > Macmini (roon core+Qobuz) o HQPlayer Client + Qobuz > HDPlex NAA (celeron G1840T-WS2016) NAD con Ramdisk, o miniPC Fitlet con immagine di Miska > Denafrips Ares2 , SPLvolume2 > Monitor KH+sub

1 hour ago, giordy60 said:

what should be the max image size ? 

There's no maximum, but it makes sense to keep it somewhat reasonable. If you just have the same as embedded one 1:1, it is fine.

If you have embedded cover art, that is the one that is shown in the play view. So in case you have high resolution display and fullscreen mode, you'd likely prefer quite high resolution image. If you don't have embedded cover art, the detached one is shown instead and in that case too you'd like to have high resolution image. If you have embedded covers, for detached ones for use with cover flow, you can use lower resolution to speed up things.

2 hours ago, flkin said:

I'm finding that when using the Closed Form M filter at 44.1, the music starts around 18 seconds after Roon starts playing and as Roon finishes before the music, it gets truncated at the end.

Is there any reason to use non-apodising filters like the Closed Form M on 44.1 files without upsampling? Can it work?

The reason is that I quite like what I'm hearing with this setup except that the music is delayed by 18 seconds.

Although you can, there's just not much point in doing low rates with such huge filters, because you get a lot of delay. If you use it at 705.6 kHz output rate, you also have 1/16th of the delay and it's not that bad anymore...

If you do 1:1 rate conversion with closed-form, you sort of have expensive (from resource consumption point of view) delay generator.

14 hours ago, Miska said:

At the moment, the cover flow requires a detached cover image. So a file that contains either "cover" or "folder" in file name of jpg or png file and located in same folder where the tracks are. Most download purchases come with both detached and embedded cover art. Some few even have different embedded cover art for each track...

I tried this - see attached & a number of other variations & still don't get cover art in cover flow.

The album art file is 26Kb.

What am I doing wrong?

Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 8.57.10 am.png

39 minutes ago, sootshe said:

I tried this - see attached & a number of other variations & still don't get cover art in cover flow.

The album art file is 26Kb.

Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 8.57.10 am.png

OK....so I've figured it out.......I forgot to scan the tree after adding the cover art files.....works a treat. Fantastic.

Luckily I only have just over 400 albums to do. 382176528_ScreenShot2018-10-01at9_38_11am.thumb.png.3ec6f30bd0f1142aede70879f013c55a.png

38 minutes ago, semente said:

I am getting a strange message when I try to open the v3.25 DMG:

3_25.thumb.png.3dd6fe22f64580ec3842b4028cf9c3c0.png

I downloaded and installed it with no problems just now.  I'd try deleting your .dmg / download file and try the download again - probably a corrupt file.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Miska,

Could you please list those filters that are suitable for 1:1 at 44.1. As I mentioned before, my ML 390s only accepts 44.1 or 48 at the SPDIF input and then up-samples internally to 352/384. For a while I was taking everything up or down to 48 but I never thought that it sounded quite right. I only stream Tidal using Roon at 44.1 (gave up on MQA, another story) so I would like to keep it 44.1 ===> 44.1 but re-filter. I have tried all the MP filters and most sound much better at 44.1 ===> 44.1 than what I was getting using other filters and going up to 48. I am trying to not compete with the internal filter of the ML 390s. I know that this is a unique situation but I am making due until I can replace the ML 390s with a more modern DAC.

Thanks,

Bob

1 hour ago, lucretius said:

I have detached cover images for both .flac and .dsf files.  Only the images for .flac files show up in Touch mode. What am I doing wrong?

Do you have the detached files in the same folder as the album tracks? named as "cover".....as JPG or png files?

If this is all OK, try deleting all the library & scan it again. 

1 minute ago, sootshe said:

Do you have the detached files in the same folder as the album tracks? named as "cover".....as JPG or png files?

If this is all OK, try deleting all the library & scan it again. 

Yes, there in the same folder as the tracks. Named folder.jpg. I'll try re-scanning the library but I don't see how this would have an effect -- note that everything works fine for .flac files and many times I added the image after creating the library.

mQa is dead!

If the images are called "folder.jpg" then it's not from HQPlayer, but they are detected by HQPlayer as covers. If there's detected cover, then new ones are not extracted, only if there's no cover to be found. HQPlayer stores covers in cover.jpg or cover.png depending if the original is JPEG or PNG. If there is folder.jpg but it doesn't show up, then one could check if it appears in library.xml under "cover" attribute for those albums. If it is there, but still not showing, there's some problem either accessing the file or with the file format. If the image appears in cover flow, but not in playback view, then it means the file has embedded cover art but that is unreadable for some reason. But I'll check further the possible combinations in case there's some bug...

HQPlayer's search rule for covers is looking for files that have either "cover" or "folder" (and maybe "sleeve" too, but I don't recall right now) as part of the file name and the file name ends in .jpg, .jpeg or .png

4 hours ago, bobflood said:

Could you please list those filters that are suitable for 1:1 at 44.1. As I mentioned before, my ML 390s only accepts 44.1 or 48 at the SPDIF input and then up-samples internally to 352/384. For a while I was taking everything up or down to 48 but I never thought that it sounded quite right. I only stream Tidal using Roon at 44.1 (gave up on MQA, another story) so I would like to keep it 44.1 ===> 44.1 but re-filter. I have tried all the MP filters and most sound much better at 44.1 ===> 44.1 than what I was getting using other filters and going up to 48. I am trying to not compete with the internal filter of the ML 390s. I know that this is a unique situation but I am making due until I can replace the ML 390s with a more modern DAC.

It is most of the poly-sinc, but not much else. In the latest release I added column about possible conversion ratios to the manual, most if not all that are listed as "Any" can do 1:1.

Is the cover manage working for .dsf file as well?

I tried 3.25.0 on MacBookPro, there's a cover file named "Cover.jpg", if i drag&drop the whole album on HQP GUI track list panel, nothing appeared on the picture windows top left, even playing the file.

Have a nice day. Massimiliano

59 minutes ago, Ipoci said:

Is the cover manage working for .dsf file as well?

I tried 3.25.0 on MacBookPro, there's a cover file named "Cover.jpg", if i drag&drop the whole album on HQP GUI track list panel, nothing appeared on the picture windows top left, even playing the file.

Have a nice day. Massimiliano

Detached covers are only used for HQPlayer's library. Only embedded covers show for playlists... If you load an album from HQPlayer's library that doesn't have embedded covers, but has detached cover, it is shown.

Especially for DSF/DSDIFF files using album playback vs playlist mode makes a difference in playback itself too. In a album mode tracks are assumed to belong together and you get fully gapless playback. When you play DSD files in playlist mode, tracks are assumed to be standalone or not in original order and then track transition click-prevention processing is applied at the transition point. This creates a tiny gap.

12 hours ago, semente said:

I am getting a strange message when I try to open the v3.25 DMG:

3_25.thumb.png.3dd6fe22f64580ec3842b4028cf9c3c0.png

@Miska   - same here:  the *.dmg seems to be faulty ...

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

3 hours ago, copy_of_a said:

@Miska   - same here:  the *.dmg seems to be faulty ...

It should have following SHA-256 checksum:

074afd41cbad50756327e19b05276c1052c4b45f4fa477a0475bc4fa2ad24ae0

On macOS you can compute this with command "shasum -a 256 <filename>" in this case for example:

shasum -a 256 ~/Downloads/HQPlayerDesktop3-mac-3250.dmg

I have checked that checksums match on my local storage and both servers.

If you have problem with the main server, you can use the backup server at:

https://www.signalyst.eu

It is slow, so please use the main server whenever possible.

14 minutes ago, Miska said:

It should have following SHA-256 checksum:

074afd41cbad50756327e19b05276c1052c4b45f4fa477a0475bc4fa2ad24ae0

On macOS you can compute this with command "shasum -a 256 <filename>" in this case for example:

shasum -a 256 ~/Downloads/HQPlayerDesktop3-mac-3250.dmg

I have checked that checksums match on my local storage and both servers.

If you have problem with the main server, you can use the backup server at:

https://www.signalyst.eu

It is slow, so please use the main server whenever possible.

The checksum matches but mounting fails.

The ".eu" image doesn't work either...

I'm on Mac OS 10.11.6 by the way.

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)