IGNORED

HQ Player

On 8/11/2018 at 3:07 PM, Em2016 said:

With the dCS DACs, if using HQP Embedded instead of their own upsampling box, is it better to feed their DACs PCM or DSD from HQP Embedded?

What is happening inside the dCS DACs? Conversion to DSD rates? Or more like the Chord approach (except DAVE) where DSD is decimated?

If the upsampler can feed DSD through as-is, then that, but then you don't need the upsampler except maybe as interface box. Otherwise send highest rate PCM there.

AFAIK, dCS DACs can convert DSD natively (since their upsamplers also provide DSD upsampling capability) so it is different from Chord and shouldn't decimate it to PCM.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Back to the roots. I want to use only hqplayer playing my music. No Roon, no A+, pure hqplayer. But managing the music library in hqplayer is pain in the ass. Is there any way to add all my files to the playlist in an easy way (not by clicking through every folder)? I love to hear my music shuffleing like roons radio function. Is there any way to map the media keys (Mac) to use them with hqplayer? And may I ask a last question. Is it possible to convert a regular win license to e.g. a mac license?

26 minutes ago, RamUwe said:

Back to the roots. I want to use only hqplayer playing my music. No Roon, no A+, pure hqplayer. But managing the music library in hqplayer is pain in the ass. Is there any way to add all my files to the playlist in an easy way (not by clicking through every folder)? I love to hear my music shuffleing like roons radio function. Is there any way to map the media keys (Mac) to use them with hqplayer? And may I ask a last question. Is it possible to convert a regular win license to e.g. a mac license?

If you are using embedded version you can do that with BubbleUPnP client and have it play "X" number of songs at random from your library.  The other way that I have done with normal desktop client is to create a saved playlist based on Genre, 4+ stars, etc under JRiver and use that to play music at random.  I think you should be able to do that with A+ / iTunes, etc.  I am not sure if HQPControl the Android client has that ability or not.

6 hours ago, shadowlight said:

If you are using embedded version you can do that with BubbleUPnP client and have it play "X" number of songs at random from your library.  The other way that I have done with normal desktop client is to create a saved playlist based on Genre, 4+ stars, etc under JRiver and use that to play music at random.  I think you should be able to do that with A+ / iTunes, etc.  I am not sure if HQPControl the Android client has that ability or not.

Thanks for your reply. No I'm using the desktop version. Is there no other way only doing it with a 3rd party app?

5 hours ago, bibo01 said:

No, it's not.

You have to buy a new license. However, as a registered user, you can ask Sygnalist for a discount coupon towards your new purchase.

Ok. Thanks for the tip.

5 hours ago, RamUwe said:

Changing volume isn't a problem. What I mean is play, pause, forward, etc. I would appreciate to control these functions via the media keys (on my touch bar).

I can play/pause, skip to next track or back, etc. with media keys + function key on my macbook air keyboard. I am pretty sure standard media keys would be used.

9 hours ago, RamUwe said:

Thanks for your reply. No I'm using the desktop version. Is there no other way only doing it with a 3rd party app?

Someone else will have to provide the answer to your question.  Sorry, I have moved over to embedded for the last 18 months or so and I have not kept up with desktop version.

9 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

I can play/pause, skip to next track or back, etc. with media keys + function key on my macbook air keyboard. I am pretty sure standard media keys would be used.

Nope. I can't confirm that. When I press e.g. the play button on my touch bar (MBP 2017) it opens iTunes. Nothing happens to hqplayer so far. Maybe you have changed some settings.

@Miska or others: I've just downloaded a 192/24 (wav) album from HD tracks.

Although the files look identical to the ones in other albums from the same band, I can't seem to import it into the HQ Player Library, either by using Add or Scan...

The album plays fine in JRiver (?)...

Any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong?

1 hour ago, RamUwe said:

Nope. I can't confirm that. When I press e.g. the play button on my touch bar (MBP 2017) it opens iTunes. Nothing happens to hqplayer so far. Maybe you have changed some settings.

Do not recall tinkering with settings. HQ Player should be active (top window) and, as I mentioned earlier, I use two keys simultaneously, function (fn, low left) and media key in a top row of keyboard.

18 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

Do not recall tinkering with settings. HQ Player should be active (top window) and, as I mentioned earlier, I use two keys simultaneously, function (fn, low left) and media key in a top row of keyboard.

HQPlayer is active and in front. When I use fn key I'll get the F1 … keys. No media keys. Nota bene: I don't use an external keyboard, only the built-in.

3 hours ago, tedwoods said:

@Miska or others: I've just downloaded a 192/24 (wav) album from HD tracks.

Although the files look identical to the ones in other albums from the same band, I can't seem to import it into the HQ Player Library, either by using Add or Scan...

The album plays fine in JRiver (?)...

Any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong?

So far I have been buying only FLAC from HD-tracks and HighResAudio.com, so not so much experience with WAV they provide. HQPlayer log could tell what is going wrong with those WAVs...

22 hours ago, RamUwe said:

Back to the roots. I want to use only hqplayer playing my music. No Roon, no A+, pure hqplayer. But managing the music library in hqplayer is pain in the ass. Is there any way to add all my files to the playlist in an easy way (not by clicking through every folder)?

You can just drop everything you want on HQPlayer window and it'll get added to the playlist. If you have everything under single top level folder, just drop the top level folder and HQPlayer will traverse the tree. On Mac , for example from Finder. You can then save/open this as a playlist. HQPlayer will also open it up next time you start it if that was the last thing you had when you closed the application.

I love to hear my music shuffleing like roons radio function.

You can then use HQPlayer's random playback option.

Is there any way to map the media keys (Mac) to use them with hqplayer?

On all platforms, standard media keys work with HQPlayer. But on macOS, the operating system steals keypresses of media keys and launches iTunes instead of forwarding those to the application. But there's a workaround to this, since on Apple keyboard media keys and overloaded with function keys (same keys on the physical keyboard), so you can use same keys, but you need to generate function key presses instead of the media keys for same functionality.

Qobuz:

Miska, when you develop the Qobuz interface, please permit HQPlayer to reside on a different computer from the Qobuz player.

I'd like to run the Qobuz desktop player on my Macbook Pro (actually using a laptop PC in my lap!) while running HQPlayer on the Mac Mini across the room that's connected to my DAC.

p.s.  David Solomon acknowledged HQP integration plans here:

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

2 hours ago, arglebargle said:

My read on that post is it refers to Roon integration. 

It's hard to tell.  bobflood requested both HQP integration and Roon integration.  David Solomon's  first response was that bobflood will be very happy with their solution.  David's 2nd response stated his enthusiasm for Roon.

Perhaps you're right because I can imagine Roon requesting confidentiality, but I don’t see how Miska would want or benefit from confidentiality for an upcoming new feature.  Too bad.

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

11 hours ago, Bob Stern said:

Miska, when you develop the Qobuz interface, please permit HQPlayer to reside on a different computer from the Qobuz player.

First time I hear about such! :D

I haven't even thought about doing something like that because Qobuz is not available in Finland in first place.

But of course anything that can play something works with HQPlayer Embedded, I've used it with the Tidal's own application.