IGNORED

HQ Player

On 5/24/2018 at 11:31 PM, Miska said:

Let's say you have 4.5 dB max boost, and you have gain comp in HQPlayer set to 0, then you shouldn't turn volume control in HQPlayer higher than -7.5 dB (-3 for headroom and -4.5 for IR gain -> -7.5 total).

Yes! :D

BK target is pretty good. I use similar, with -6 dB slope down from 20 Hz to 20 kHz. Has been working good for me...

RR1 quoted here https://www.innerfidelity.com/content/warren-tenbrooks-summary-head-measurements-harman is worth a try

RR1.txt

21 hours ago, jimdukey said:

I've never enjoyed HQ more than with the new 3.21.

Oscar Peterson West Side Story, from HDTT, in DSD 128,  using the 48/128 setting on Myrek 192/DSD Dac.

So rich and full, lots of Ray Brown, really awesome, IMO!

It wasn't THIS good before.

You think it can't get any better, then it does!

Minor improvements?

Maybe.

Sounds better than ever here, and I'm really grateful to Miska for his knowledge and dedicated hard work!

+1

Sounds fabulous over here too!

MISKA PRESIDENT ! ?

my only wish is to have an entry door to HQP  , so we can use it as a soundcard in windows  to lbe able to listen some great Youtube concerts or movies convert to DSD512  ( VLC can compasate the video sync )..

PC audio /Roon + HQPLAYER / HOLO Spring 2 / / DIY AD1 SET tube amp  /  DIY Altec 2 way horn Speaker

On Saturday, June 02, 2018 at 12:07 AM, jimdukey said:

I've never enjoyed HQ more than with the new 3.21.

Oscar Peterson West Side Story, from HDTT, in DSD 128,  using the 48/128 setting on Myrek 192/DSD Dac.

So rich and full, lots of Ray Brown, really awesome, IMO!

It wasn't THIS good before.

You think it can't get any better, then it does!

Minor improvements?

Maybe.

Sounds better than ever here, and I'm really grateful to Miska for his knowledge and dedicated hard work!

Although I am not too sensitive about this minor improvement in 3.21, I have been enjoying and satisfying with HQPlayer for long time.

I must also express my deep appreciation to @Miska for his passion and dedication to exploit his professional knowledge in the development and continuous improvement in HQPlayer so that we can have this hobby to enjoy and play around with.

My salute! Cheers!

Agreed, HQP is now way ahead of Roon+HQP on my machine, especially with 48/128. If there was only a remote control for OSX...Easy listening = Roon +HQP, serious listening = only HQP through remote desktop.

I got rid of all the ifi stuff, just SOtm and a good USB cable are doing the rest.

Chris

Software > Roon Server & HQ Player4 on Windows 2019/AO & MacMini MMK (plus Audirvana 3.5)  > Netgear GS105EV2 > Meicord Opal > Naim NDX 2 > Naim SN2 + Lyngdorf CD-2 + Rega RP8/Aria >  > Harbeth SHL5 plus

4 hours ago, HardrockInMiniMac said:

Agreed, HQP is now way ahead of Roon+HQP on my machine, especially with 48/128. If there was only a remote control for OSX...Easy listening = Roon +HQP, serious listening = only HQP through remote desktop.

I got rid of all the ifi stuff, just SOtm and a good USB cable are doing the rest.

Chris

I don't get it.  Why would HQP alone be "ahead" of the same software with a Roon front end?

And the closest thing to a remote control for OSX is the iTunes-HQ Player frontend by @Geoffrey Armstrong combined with Apple's Remote app.  Its not perfect, but it works.

3 hours ago, Sevenfeet said:

I don't get it.  Why would HQP alone be "ahead" of the same software with a Roon front end?

And the closest thing to a remote control for OSX is the iTunes-HQ Player frontend by @Geoffrey Armstrong combined with Apple's Remote app.  Its not perfect, but it works.

You guys may also want to try "Supersonic". This is my Kodi based solution for controlling HQPlayer, cross platform (OSX included).

It adds support for Tidal and Qobuz streaming as well as local files. Additionally you can optionally turn off Kodi's own playback of the files/streams. So yes, potentially less processing.

Geoff

Owner of: Sound Galleries, High-End Audio Dealer, Monaco

54 minutes ago, Miska said:

The difference is mostly that HQPlayer alone you don't need to route all audio through Roon.

My feeling is it largely depends on the overall processor (and other) load/activities ...
When you run Roon full App and stream to HQPlayer and within HQPlayer upsample directly to high DSD rates all on the same computer you may very well encounter degraded SQ.
Aside from doing the heavy processing on one computer and streaming the upsampled audio to another computer that feeds the DAC you can also try to minimize the load when you are doing all on one computer. The Roon GUI is extremely processor intensive. Running only RoonServer (so without GUI and remote operated for instance by an iPhone) and streaming to HQPlayer (on the same computer) and within HQPlayer upsampling to 4x PCM with minringFIR-mp (& TPDF Dither) my mid 2014 i5 Macbook Pro (8GB RAM) runs super relaxed at something like 5-8% CPU and it sounds remarkably good. Pretty much the same as HQPlayer stand alone. RoonServer -> HQPlayer upsampling to DSD128 with poly-sinc-short-2s is also fine (30%-35% CPU ... here I‘d say HQPlayer alone sounds somewhat better, though).
But with heavier filters and non 2s variants you clearly start to hear restricted (constrained) sound... while things may still look good with HQPlayer alone.
IMHO ...

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

1 hour ago, copy_of_a said:

My feeling is it largely depends on the overall processor (and other) load/activities ...
When you run Roon full App and stream to HQPlayer and within HQPlayer upsample directly to high DSD rates all on the same computer you may very well encounter degraded SQ.
Aside from doing the heavy processing on one computer and streaming the upsampled audio to another computer that feeds the DAC you can also try to minimize the load when you are doing all on one computer. The Roon GUI is extremely processor intensive. Running only RoonServer (so without GUI and remote operated for instance by an iPhone) and streaming to HQPlayer (on the same computer) and within HQPlayer upsampling to 4x PCM with minringFIR-mp (& TPDF Dither) my mid 2014 i5 Macbook Pro (8GB RAM) runs super relaxed at something like 5-8% CPU and it sounds remarkably good. Pretty much the same as HQPlayer stand alone. RoonServer -> HQPlayer upsampling to DSD128 with poly-sinc-short-2s is also fine (30%-35% CPU ... here I‘d say HQPlayer alone sounds somewhat better, though).
But with heavier filters and non 2s variants you clearly start to hear restricted (constrained) sound... while things may still look good with HQPlayer alone.
IMHO ...

Well with heavier filters and non 2s variants, you'd be hard pressed to hear good sound on most setups period due to CPU/system bus bandwidth issues.

I haven't tried Roon yet...but I think I'll be pulling the trigger in the next few days along with a HQPlayer license now that I've been playing with it for months now.  This combo is a bit expensive for me but I'm hoping it's all worth it.

16 minutes ago, Sevenfeet said:

I haven't tried Roon yet...but I think I'll be pulling the trigger in the next few days along with a HQPlayer license now that I've been playing with it for months now.  This combo is a bit expensive for me but I'm hoping it's all worth it.

HQPlayer is definitely worth it!

Roon is too expensive IMO. Great software, great usability. Outstanding documentation (manual, knowledge base, forum). Works „out of the box“ and is more or less bug-free. Still... something like €300,-  for a lifetime license would be more balanced. Then again... it just works and therefore is really a joy to use. But only in conjunction with HQPlayer... Roon as a player sounds just mediocre... IMHO

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

i just tried liafing 3.210 on Win server 2016 core mode using AO .. after uninstalling HQPlayer 3.204 working just fine.. installed 3.210 sermed fine . launching it with hqplayer desktop.exe gives error qwave.dll ( i think this is the file name) missing. uninstalled after 3. failed trials . uninstalled it and reinstalied 3.204,,, music playing just fine!!

Anyone same error observed??

thks

2 hours ago, kelvinwsy said:

i just tried liafing 3.210 on Win server 2016 core mode using AO .. after uninstalling HQPlayer 3.204 working just fine.. installed 3.210 sermed fine . launching it with hqplayer desktop.exe gives error qwave.dll ( i think this is the file name) missing. uninstalled after 3. failed trials . uninstalled it and reinstalied 3.204,,, music playing just fine!!

Anyone same error observed??

thks

I am also using Server 2016.  Look a few posts up regarding this missing file.  Find it on the internet and copy into the Windows/System32 folder.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

1 hour ago, tboooe said:

I am also using Server 2016.  Look a few posts up regarding this missing file.  Find it on the internet and copy into the Windows/System32 folder.

Do not go around and download Windows files from internet, you will likely either get wrong version or potentially malware.

This feature is included in Windows (desktop versions since Vista and Server versions since 2008). It is automatically available in Windows desktop versions. On Server you may need to enable that feature from Windows settings.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

1. Start PowerShell under cmd line as Administrator ; Start PowerShell

2. Use the DeployImageServicing and Management Command DISM.exe

user/administrator/dism /Get-Features: /all

3. Scroll through the list of features. My QWAVE was 'disable' status

4. Enable the feature

Dism /online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:QWAVE /all

5. Feature installed successfully - PC prompts you to reboot.

Done

11 minutes ago, kelvinwsy said:

4. Enable the feature

Done

Thank you so much. Do you know if this features plays nice with Audiophile Optimizer?

Also I assume to disable I would type Disable-Feature?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

wow does it

thx Miska 
SQ of 3.210 gives better image contrasts than 3.204
By that i mean instruments and vocals has this more solid like it is 'right there' improvement over 3.204 with
Windows Server 2016GUI with AO/Hqplayer

which is Already a quantum jump over Win10pro/Fidelizer pro 8.1/process lasso

i just reinstalled Server 2016 in CORE Mode with AO
Fideluzer 8.1 pro and Process Lasso not on yet
In Core mode my hp SENN HD800 onmy 300bmono blocks sound so wonderful!

I bet that on high end speakers it wiill be even more magical

Best Wishes
Sent from my iPhone

14 minutes ago, kelvinwsy said:

wow does it

thx Miska 
SQ of 3.210 gives better image contrasts than 3.204
By that i mean instruments and vocals has this more solid like it is 'right there' improvement over 3.204 with
Windows Server 2016GUI with AO/Hqplayer

which is Already a quantum jump over Win10pro/Fidelizer pro 8.1/process lasso

i just reinstalled Server 2016 in CORE Mode with AO
Fideluzer 8.1 pro and Process Lasso not on yet
In Core mode my hp SENN HD800 onmy 300bmono blocks sound so wonderful!

I bet that on high end speakers it wiill be even more magical

Best Wishes
Sent from my iPhone

I assume you installed qwave feature too?

Other components:

Just as a simple illustration when SQ exhibits a jump in quality

1. Chris de Burgh Live in Dublin High on Emotion

2. Sting All this tine recorded at his villa in LakeComo 

both are 1990's vintage commercial CD's - harsh treble, flat stereo depth or so u would think

Path fr SQ UPGRADE Travelled

with Hqplayer dsd 512 thru but perfect iDSD BL/ NAA

and all the enhancements (Iso Regen / Ultra cap)

All psu's linear  dc psu and many more tweaks from the 'novel way' and 'diy dc' John Senson's secret sance...

These 2 CD's now put you into the stadium in Dublin

And the audience at Sting's villa

Isn't Life and music enjoyment great??

Best Wishes
Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 5, 2018, at 8:44 AM, Computer Audiophile <[email protected]> wrote:

spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png
spacer.png Computer Audiophile spacer.png
spacer.png
Hi kelvinwsy, 
tboooe has posted a comment on a topic, HQ Player 

58cd8367560ee_uclalogo.thumb.jpg.d0af617c265dae260b402f755e840301.jpg  
tboooe said:
9 minutes ago, kelvinwsy said:

4. Enable the feature

Done

Thank you so much. Do you know if this features plays nice with Audiophile Optimizer?

Go to this post

— Computer Audiophile
spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png You might also be interested in... spacer.png

My Quest for a New DAC Part 1 - The Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ with Uptone JS-2 Power Supply

austinpop posted an article in Contributors, May 24

My Quest for a New DAC- Part 1: The Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ with Uptone JS-2 Power Supply In the introdu…

Read more...   (35 replies)

self-thumb.thumb.jpg.f3469e830c65dc5850626f2a7e0c6dc4.jpg spacer.png Picked By
The Computer Audiophile, 05/24/18 08:08:01 PM
spacer.png

My Quest for a New DAC - Introduction to the Series

austinpop posted an article in Contributors, May 22

Editor's Note: This is the first article in a new series from CA contributor austinpop. I'm sure the…

Read more...   (57 replies)

self-thumb.thumb.jpg.f3469e830c65dc5850626f2a7e0c6dc4.jpg spacer.png Picked By
The Computer Audiophile, 05/23/18 04:15:02 AM
spacer.png
spacer.png You are receiving this email because you are following the Topic 'HQ Player'.
Prefer to stop receiving these emails? Unfollow or Adjust your notification preferences
spacer.png Click here to view our privacy policy spacer.png
spacer.png facebook twitter spacer.png
spacer.png Computer Audiophile spacer.png
3 hours ago, manishex said:

QWave won't turn on with AO set even though I have it enabled. 

20180605_104429.jpg

Have you reset all AO optimizations and restarted to see if qwave runs correctly?  Is it only after to run AO that qwave stops working?

Other components: