IGNORED

HQ Player

1 hour ago, Miska said:

Let Roon decode it and HQPlayer upsample it. To either 176.4k or 192k depending on your filter of choice and source rate.

Your current filter selection works perfectly fine with it and allows upsampling of all content to 192k. You can also try poly-sinc-mqa-mp which will enforce you to either 176.4 or 192k output depending on output rate of decoded MQA (88.2k or 96k) so in this case you can leave the output rate selection in main window to "Auto" to let HQPlayer select either output rate when source rate changes.

yeah it could great news this MQA pre-decoder on roon if thje sound was'nt so bad , ihave some files in DSD / quobuz 24/96 aiff, and ripped CD 16/44 and the Tidal MQA is the worst each time. 

So dissapointed , all this " tralala" for this result.O.o

PC audio /Roon + HQPLAYER / HOLO Spring 2 / / DIY AD1 SET tube amp  /  DIY Altec 2 way horn Speaker

14 minutes ago, juanitox said:

yeah it could great news this MQA pre-decoder on roon if thje sound was'nt so bad , ihave some files in DSD / quobuz 24/96 aiff, and ripped CD 16/44 and the Tidal MQA is the worst each time. 

So dissapointed , all this " tralala" for this result.O.o

Yes, don't mistake MQA for real hires!

It even has some sonic characteristics of MP3 what I call "plastic Tupperware-sound". It also tends to be more "on your face". Just my own subjective opinion though...

I was rolling my eyes reading latest Stereophile where they were explaining that -32 dB of in-band aliasing is low enough level...

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

36 minutes ago, Miska said:

Yes, don't mistake MQA for real hires!

It even has some sonic characteristics of MP3 what I call "plastic Tupperware-sound". It also tends to be more "on your face". Just my own subjective opinion though...

I was rolling my eyes reading latest Stereophile where they were explaining that -32 dB of in-band aliasing is low enough level...

Which gets me back to asking the big question about MQA....is MQA a solution whose time as passed?  I mean, the idea of higher resolution music that sounds close to real hi-rez is interesting and I think still could have some nice mobile applications.  But many, if not most of us have broadband Internet connections capable of streaming 1080p and 4K video.  24/192 audio isn't a big deal in terms of bandwidth when you're streaming Black Panther in 4K/Atmos.

On 5/17/2018 at 5:07 PM, gvl said:

It may have significant implications on the content provider side, I'm sure they are billed for the actual traffic at this scale. 

True, but for Apple and Amazon, that's a rounding error in their overall services cost.  And I'm sure Spotify could absorb it too by adding a top tier (which would probably be more profitable).  Tidal is already doing the top tier idea but their long term viability is still a big concern due to their small number of subscribers compared to the big boys.

Hi @Miska

What are your thoughts running your x86-64 NAA image on a LattePanda, with DSD512?

https://www.lattepanda.com/products/1.html

Intel Cherry Trail Z8350 Quad Core 1.8GHz, 2gb RAM, 32gb on-board memory, 5Vdc power input.

Would I need to burn your NAA image to the EMMC card or burn your NAA image to a USB flash drive?

And would the USB flash drive need to stay in the LattePanda even after the first boot/install, could the USB flash drive be removed after the first boot?

Thanks

5 hours ago, Em2016 said:

Hi @Miska

What are your thoughts running your x86-64 NAA image on a LattePanda, with DSD512?

Intel Cherry Trail Z8350 Quad Core 1.8GHz, 2gb RAM, 32gb on-board memory, 5Vdc power input.

Would I need to burn your NAA image to the EMMC card or burn your NAA image to a USB flash drive?

And would the USB flash drive need to stay in the LattePanda even after the first boot/install, could the USB flash drive be removed after the first boot?

Thanks

Oh wow...this could be wait I'm looking for to run my Windows based NAA on Server 2016 and Audiophile Optimizer.  

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

In trying to keep electrical noise away from my system, I keep my main PC with an nVidia card for CUDA and HQPlayer in my basement and connect that to my DAC via a  NUC running NAA.  I recently found a driverless USB extender and tried connecting my basement PC directly with my Vega DAC.  To my surprise, my basement PC recognized the DAC and it works!

However, I find that SQ has declined.  Not by a lot, but enough for me to switch back to my prior setup.  My question is why?  On my Vega DAC there is an option for Exact USB mode which requires very tight timing with the source.  I am able to run the DAC with the extender in Exact mode no problem and so it would appear the bits are arriving to the DAC without issue.  There is also an Uptone regent in the chain.  So more of a curiosity question if anyone has any insights....I know we can blame it on jitter, but doesn’t a Femto clock in the DAC counter that?

Hi, I notice that I am unable to connect to my NAA if I have Private Internet Access VPN running.  I don't think the issue is being blocked from my local network since I can access my NAS, other PC's etc on my network with VPN enabled.  Actually, I can even Putty into the Pi3 running DietPi/NAA from the PC where HQPlayer is running.  Maybe it's a timing issue and HQPlayer does not wait sufficient time for NAA to respond if VPN is running (eg., it needs to go through more routes - just as guess since I am no networking expert!  Any ideas?  Thanks!

@Hammer HQP  uses multicast to communicate with NAA.  What is most likely happening is that when you have VPN connection active the default multicast interface is the VPN adapter.  You will need to change that to you actual LAN interface using the route command.  If you type "route print" command look for the lines that start with 224.0.0.0 to see where the multicast is being sent by default.

19 hours ago, shadowlight said:

@Hammer HQP  uses multicast to communicate with NAA.  What is most likely happening is that when you have VPN connection active the default multicast interface is the VPN adapter.  You will need to change that to you actual LAN interface using the route command.  If you type "route print" command look for the lines that start with 224.0.0.0 to see where the multicast is being sent by default.

Thanks for the tip...problem solved!

24 minutes ago, Hammer said:

Thanks for the tip...that sounds like the problem.  My route print shows as follows:  Any idea how to correct?

Destination      Mask               Gateway      Interface     Metric

224.0.0.0        240.0.0.0         On-link         127.0.0.1    331
  224.0.0.0        240.0.0.0         On-link     192.168.1.159    271
  224.0.0.0        240.0.0.0         On-link        10.89.10.6    257

you need to change the metric value using the route command.  Based on the route statement the metric interface  with 10.89.10.6 with metric 257 has higher priority over everything else.

route /? will provide additional information.

Examples to fix https://serverfault.com/questions/238695/how-can-i-set-the-metric-of-a-manually-added-route-on-windows

@Miska

Hi,

I process in my own setup with hqplayer and NAA.

hqplayer run on win 2002 r2 with AO and Fidelizer.

Im looking for a great device in order to use as NAA.

What could you me advice ?

Thank you by advance.

I hope that you accept to answer me because its reallly important for me.

12 hours ago, Em2016 said:

This is double the price of the LattePanda DIY option - but still relatively cheap, fully assembled, still fanless and still 5Vdc power input.

https://www.zotac.com/us/product/mini_pcs/pi332

Yeah the Pico products are very cool indeed.  After the improvement I got from changing the SSD in my HQP pc to an Optane drive I want to do the same for the NAA.  I am going to try the NUC7i3BNK which supports m.2 NVME.  The only issue is that this NUC has a fan but I read that the fan can be set to turn off if the temp is below a certain number.  Since the NAA doesnt require a lot of processing power I am going to try and detune the CPU and reduce the speed.  Hopefully this will allow me to keep the fan off.  If not, I can mess around with adding heatsinks, etc.  

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

On 5/19/2018 at 12:40 PM, Em2016 said:

I would assume it to work just fine. I haven't tested it on this particular hardware, but on couple of others (mostly newer Apollo Lake). But I'm not expecting any particular trouble either.

Either way, as long as BIOS recognizes is as UEFI boot device...

Boot media needs to stay available. There's not much use during runtime, but it needs to exist.

16 hours ago, westside said:

@Miska

Hi,

I process in my own setup with hqplayer and NAA.

hqplayer run on win 2002 r2 with AO and Fidelizer.

Im looking for a great device in order to use as NAA.

What could you me advice ?

Thank you by advance.

I hope that you accept to answer me because its reallly important for me.

Hi guys,

Miska is maybe very busy so he cant answer me.

But i will be very if somebody help me to choose a good device for NAA.

Is it possible for you to answer me please ?

Thank you by advance and have a nice day.

@westside the device for NAA is going to be dependent on your DAC?  Does your DAC need support for DSD?  

For me I use low powered Lenovo Thinkcentre.  I have two - one is i3 4th Gen, while the other is based around Celeron N.  The Celeron one is Linux based while the i3 is Windows 10 based.  I have not tried anything else so I cannot comment on sound quality differences but you really do not need a high powered system to run NAA.

Hi,

I didnt tell you all the story sorry.

My DAC not support DSD only 24/192 ( Psaudio Nuwave)

I install debian 9 server ( no graphical interface, just command Line ) on a very old hardware ( laptop Dell inspiron 9300 )

I install debian 9 server on the hdd of the laptop.

I install NAA x86 .

On the side of my server i see eveything i want in hqplayer.

So i setup every hqplayer setting and i start the listen session.

I notice something wrong ( really not very often i would say once every 3 or 4 hours) i have like a cut with 16/44 files.

I dont know for sure if its only with 16/44 files but its seems to be the case.

In fact i always hear a cut with 16/44 files and never with other file frequency.

What do you think about my issue ? 

Can you help me please ?

Thank you.

9 minutes ago, Miska said:

What do you mean by cut?

I mean the music stop 1s and then the music goes on.

I think its because i cant use ipv6 option in hqplayer player with windows server 2012 r2.

It seems i have no issue with ipv6 under Windows 10 but i need to do more test on it.

7 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Just installed latest version of HQPlayer.Have to go back to previous version getting crackling and poppping.Have latest drivers.

Display drivers only matter if you are using CUDA... If you have too old drivers, then CUDA will just stay off which you can see from the status bar message when playback is started.