IGNORED

HQ Player

43 minutes ago, Hammer said:

A question on upsampling to DSD512 with HQPlayer.  I see that when I play a PCM file, it upsamples no problem.  However, when I play a DSD64 file, the output remains DSD64.  Is that by design?   (The source is from Roon, if that plays into the equation at all).

This depends if you have "Direct SDM" enabled in DSDIFF/DSF Settings.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:00 PM, Miska said:

I didn't try, was just speculating about something I thought should work. I don't have any machines with dual network interfaces apart from my internet firewalls. And I try to avoid using Windows whenever possible... ;)

Not sure if this can help (namely tboooe), but I managed to see the NAA from a Windows based HQPlayer installation in IPV6 mode, both trough a direct connection and a more usual connection through a router.

In order to have the direct connection, I installed DHCP Server for Windows http://www.dhcpserver.de/cms/  (Linux seems to have a similar package: https://www.tecmint.com/install-dhcp-server-in-ubuntu-debian/) and launched it, which allowed the NAA to get an ip from the Windows installation via the direct connection, and become visible both via IPV4 and IPV6 to HQPlayer.

37 minutes ago, tranfa said:

Not sure if this can help (namely tboooe), but I managed to see the NAA from a Windows based HQPlayer installation in IPV6 mode, both trough a direct connection and a more usual connection through a router.

In order to have the direct connection, I installed DHCP Server for Windows http://www.dhcpserver.de/cms/  (Linux seems to have a similar package: https://www.tecmint.com/install-dhcp-server-in-ubuntu-debian/) and launched it, which allowed the NAA to get an ip from the Windows installation via the direct connection, and become visible both via IPV4 and IPV6 to HQPlayer.

Thank you!  This is very useful information.  So to be clear, you installed the DHCP software on the PC running HQP?  Did you have to assign the second nic an ip and subnet that is different than your home network?  Would another solution be to assign a fixed IP address to the NAA?  Thank you for any further details you can provide.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Just now, tboooe said:

Thank you!  This is very useful information.  So to be clear, you installed the DHCP software on the PC running HQP?  Did you have to assign the second nic an ip and subnet that is different than your home network?  Would another solution be to assign a fixed IP address to the NAA?  Thank you for any further details you can provide.

Yes, I installed "DHCP server" on the Windows 10 PC running HQP.

I left the second NIC of this same PC (which I used for the direct connection to the Futro holding the NAA) with no IP assigned, obtaining it automatically. The same on the Futro (which holds a Debian OS on which the daemon runs).

Following the wizard of "DHCP server", the program gave automatically an IP address to the Futro - which allows its discovery.

It was quite simple, actually: no need of imposing specific ip addresses.

8 minutes ago, tranfa said:

And, by the way, no need of a cross Ethernet cable for the direct connection. A straight one did the job.

Thank you...last question, in the NAA you just left it to obtain IP address automatically instead of assigning a fixed IP to it?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

3 minutes ago, tboooe said:

Thank you...last question, in the NAA you just left it to obtain IP address automatically instead of assigning a fixed IP to it?

Exactely.

In this way, the address is assigned by the DHCP server running on the Windows PC.

On 4/25/2018 at 6:29 AM, tranfa said:

Exactely.

In this way, the address is assigned by the DHCP server running on the Windows PC.

Unfortunately this isnt working for me.  I can see the dhcp server is running on the second nic because it is assigned an IP address in the range I specified during using the wizard.  From the HQP pc I can ping the NAA but HQP doesnt "see" it in settings.  I can putty into the NAA device (Allo Sparky) though.  Any ideas?

Other components:

Guys, you need to see where multicast traffic is being routed to. Usually it is only going to one of the interfaces, the one where default route is. If you can decide you want it to go one way, you are likely all fine after updating routing tables. If you want multicast to simultaneously work on multiple interfaces, you are going to be facing some challenges...

So fat I've been happy with just one network interface per computer, all living nicely together in a single switched network...

P.S. As I noted earlier, there's a quirk you can play with; since HQPlayer and NAA support IPv6, at least in theory you can have two different multicast routes, one for IPv4 multicast and another for IPv6 multicast. For IPv6 you don't need DHCP for local network, because the IPv6 auto-config feature can come up with local network without supporting infra.

Hi guys,

Im a newbie im sorry for that but it would be nice if you answer to me.

First this :

What is the best setup in order to push this great player at 100 % ?

Of course i dont talk about

filter option because everyone is different.

When i talk setup i want say software and not hardware.

Software for example : win10 or Windows server 2012 r2.

Network option or full offline ? ...

Best Regards.

Hi everyone!  I’m using the x64 NAA image from the signalyst website and it works great with my Auralic Vega DAC.  However, I would like to add Spotify to my main system and so I figured I would try DietPi (with a Pi 3 B) which combines NAA and Raspotify in one image.  However, I find that with DietPi, I am unable to get HQPlayer to play DSD (SDM is no longer an output option).  This was possible with the x64 NAA image.  Would anyone know how I might fix this?  Thank you.  

3 hours ago, Hammer said:

Hi everyone!  I’m using the x64 NAA image from the signalyst website and it works great with my Auralic Vega DAC.  However, I would like to add Spotify to my main system and so I figured I would try DietPi (with a Pi 3 B) which combines NAA and Raspotify in one image.  However, I find that with DietPi, I am unable to get HQPlayer to play DSD (SDM is no longer an output option).  This was possible with the x64 NAA image.  Would anyone know how I might fix this?  Thank you.  

DietPi needs some kernel patches... @Daniel Knight? Although RasPi has been tricky with hires content because they have ethernet adapter on the same USB bus as the USB connectors where you connect the DAC (not sure about details of 3 B though)...

28 minutes ago, Miska said:

DietPi needs some kernel patches... @Daniel Knight? Although RasPi has been tricky with hires content because they have ethernet adapter on the same USB bus as the USB connectors where you connect the DAC (not sure about details of 3 B though)...

Thank you!  I tried DSD512 with a Pi3 on a ProJect S2 and that seems to work and so I think the Pi3 hardware is sufficient...so maybe DietPi just needs the patches.  I hope this makes it to the “to do” list!  Thank you!

41 minutes ago, Hammer said:

Thank you!  I tried DSD512 with a Pi3 on a ProJect S2 and that seems to work and so I think the Pi3 hardware is sufficient...so maybe DietPi just needs the patches.  I hope this makes it to the “to do” list!  Thank you!

I am using an Allo Sparky USBridge which runs Dietpi. I am able to play DSD512.  Do you have the latest version?

Other components:

1 hour ago, tboooe said:

I am using an Allo Sparky USBridge which runs Dietpi. I am able to play DSD512.  Do you have the latest version?

Are you using the Vega DAC?  My very limited understanding is that the DAC has to be supported by the kernel.on a ProJect S2.  But not on the Vega.

10 minutes ago, Hammer said:

Are you using the Vega DAC?  My very limited understanding is that the DAC has to be supported by the kernel.on a ProJect S2.  But not on the Vega.

There are just two options, either kernel support, or using DoP...

Of course there are still devices where DoP will anyway suffice for maximum capabilities, like RME ADI-2.

28 minutes ago, Miska said:

There are just two options, either kernel support, or using DoP...

Of course there are still devices where DoP will anyway suffice for maximum capabilities, like RME ADI-2.

Thanks.  DoP doesn't seem to work with the Vega after my upgrade to DSD256 firmware.  So I am hoping the kernel patch will be applied.  Does anyone know what is required?  Maybe I can try to gather that to make it easier for the developer @Daniel Knight

Thank you!

10 hours ago, Hammer said:

Thanks.  DoP doesn't seem to work with the Vega after my upgrade to DSD256 firmware.  So I am hoping the kernel patch will be applied.  Does anyone know what is required?  Maybe I can try to gather that to make it easier for the developer @Daniel Knight

He can contact me for details if needed...

Does HQP have filters for MQA playback of the "intermediate" type FredericV and Archimago refer to in their use of sox to upsample MQA for playback?

If there aren't could they be added?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

8 hours ago, firedog said:

Does HQP have filters for MQA playback of the "intermediate" type FredericV and Archimago refer to in their use of sox to upsample MQA for playback?

If there aren't could they be added?

For PCM, there's "asymFIR". So far I haven't been fan of such, I've had mostly feeling that they are "worst of both worlds" instead of best. But, yes, more could be added.

Having thoughts about setting up HQPE with a Chromecast Audio device. I'd like to keep it compact, so what I have in mind is a mini-PC with a recording USB interface that has an optical input (e.g. https://www.roland.com/us/products/ua-1ex/, there are others too).

CCA -> Toslink/USB Interface -> HQPE Mini PC box -> USB/DAC

I suspect getting the USB interface to work under Linux can be tricky. Is there a better way to route Tidal/Spotify streams through HQP? I will also be using JRiver for local files, I can get Spotify/Tidal play through JRiver/WDM driver, I haven't tried but I might be able to forward the stream to the HQPE endpoint using UPnP but I also want to control Tidal from my phone/tablet and there is no Spotify-Connect equivalent in Tidal. There is BubbleUPnP but I'd have to forgo the original Tidal app, not ideal.  Any advice?

23 hours ago, gvl said:

Having thoughts about setting up HQPE with a Chromecast Audio device. I'd like to keep it compact, so what I have in mind is a mini-PC with a recording USB interface that has an optical input (e.g. https://www.roland.com/us/products/ua-1ex/, there are others too).

CCA -> Toslink/USB Interface -> HQPE Mini PC box -> USB/DAC

I suspect getting the USB interface to work under Linux can be tricky. Is there a better way to route Tidal/Spotify streams through HQP?

Something like that would probably work. If it works on Mac without extra drivers (UAC compliant) it is likely to also work on Linux.

23 hours ago, gvl said:

I will also be using JRiver for local files, I can get Spotify/Tidal play through JRiver/WDM driver, I haven't tried but I might be able to forward the stream to the HQPE endpoint using UPnP but I also want to control Tidal from my phone/tablet and there is no Spotify-Connect equivalent in Tidal. There is BubbleUPnP but I'd have to forgo the original Tidal app, not ideal.  Any advice

Tidal app on iOS/Android supports Chromecast, just like Spotify too.

Bubble UPnP app is another alternative for Tidal.

30 minutes ago, gvl said:

Does the HQP Desktop/Windows remote control interface only expose control functions for playback from its local library or can it also accept an audio stream from an external app?

Both Desktop and Embedded can accept streams from external applications like Roon for example. Lot of people use Roon for Tidal.