IGNORED

HQ Player

12 minutes ago, tranfa said:

Actually no, the image works fine through USB, but not through I2S (Raspberry Pi 3 + AudioGD I2S HDMI output, otherwise functioning).

Should I somehow (via Putty?) activate  the I2S drivers?

You need to activate correct overlay by editing the config.txt file on the boot partition as usual.

I don't know about that AudioGD thingie. There are device tree files (which RasPi calls overlays) for HifiBerry Amp, DAC, DAC+ and Digi and IQAudio DAC and DAC+.

I have HifiBerry DAC+ Pro and Digi+ Pro, but didn't test those yet, but I assume those continue to work as before.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

On 11/11/2017 at 2:48 AM, Miska said:

I think such is complete waste of money... ;)

I rather buy company/enterprise networking gear from HPE. Well made, works reliably and is easy to maintain.

I think the other way. enterprise switch and router is not good for audio, loud noise, bad switching power supply and manage layer.

DigitalDac: Chord DAVE, Amp: MC275 Mono, Preamp: FirstSound, Source: Esoteric K01X, Cable: TaraLab GME interconnect,
CASSOtM Trifecta Mod 75ohm MCI, TheLinearSolution TCXO Router

Analog: SME 20/2, SME V, Skala, Esoteric C03 Phono

1 hour ago, ismewor said:

I think the other way. enterprise switch and router is not good for audio, loud noise, bad switching power supply and manage layer.

I have a fanless 24-port model, and another 8-port one that can provide PoE for third switch and two WiFi access points. Plus couple of switches elsewhere.

Those enterprise switches have a good reliable built-in SMPS, not some crappy wall-wart. Plus proper metal enclosure. Management helps on many things, and the switches know how to power down unused ports, measure cable lengths and use reduced transmit power on shorter cables, etc. I can even see a power consumption report from the switch. In addition, there are usually one or more SFP slots where you can plug optical fiber transceivers and such.

If you worry about noise over copper, use fiber instead... ;)

8 minutes ago, Miska said:

I have a fanless 24-port model, and another 8-port one that can provide PoE for third switch and two WiFi access points. Plus couple of switches elsewhere.

Those enterprise switches have a good reliable built-in SMPS, not some crappy wall-wart. Plus proper metal enclosure. Management helps on many things, and the switches know how to power down unused ports, measure cable lengths and use reduced transmit power on shorter cables, etc. I can even see a power consumption report from the switch. In addition, there are usually one or more SFP slots where you can plug optical fiber transceivers and such.

If you worry about noise over copper, use fiber instead... ;)

Thanks @Miska I already purchased the audio grade router that with TCXO clock and other upgrade. it might seem lease needed in network audio chain. but my experience so far has been positive.  and it came with their matching LPS which i has tested just that with the wall-wart. of course the night and day different it is.

DigitalDac: Chord DAVE, Amp: MC275 Mono, Preamp: FirstSound, Source: Esoteric K01X, Cable: TaraLab GME interconnect,

14 minutes ago, ismewor said:

Thanks @Miska I already purchased the audio grade router that with TCXO clock and other upgrade. it might seem lease needed in network audio chain. but my experience so far has been positive.  and it came with their matching LPS which i has tested just that with the wall-wart. of course the night and day different it is.

For example when using NAA, it can tolerate transfer jitter to way over 100+ ms range. So from that perspective, one could even have NAA at the other side of the globe and send the data over the internet...

@Miska @ismewor

Not to add confusion to this area of networking, but I have to add my one data point. A while back, I had stuttering from my 4770K machine upsampling to DSD128 xtr, connected to a microrendu NAA.

Then, changing nothing else, I took my enterprise grade Trendnet L3 managed switch with 10G ports out of the chain, and did a direct connect (as originally proposed by Roy in that gigantic thread), using my HQPlayer machine as a DHCP server.

The stuttering went away entirely.

Not sure why.

4 hours ago, Miska said:

For example when using NAA, it can tolerate transfer jitter to way over 100+ ms range. So from that perspective, one could even have NAA at the other side of the globe and send the data over the internet...

Haha, that's what I was thinking the other day. :D

Maybe in the future , HQplayer users don't even need to build a powerful PC to run HQplayer algorithm, a center powerful server will do the upsampling for us and send the data to all of  the users globally. Joke aside but hope it will be possible one day if the technology and capital cost allows. ;)

Software: Roon, Tidal, HQplayer 

HQplayer PC: i9 7980XE, Titan Xp, RTX 3090; i9 9900K, Titan V

DAC: Holo Audio MAY L2, T+A DAC8 DSD, exasound e12, iFi micro iDSD BL

USB tweaks: Intona, Uptone (ISO) regen, LPS-1, LPS-1.2, Sbooster Vbus2, Curious cables, SUPRA Certified HiSpeed USB cable

NAA: Logic CL100 powered by Uptone JS-2

AMP: Spectral DMC 30SV, Spectral DMA 300RS

Speaker: Magico S3 MKII

Rack: HRS SXR signature

8 minutes ago, louisxiawei said:

Maybe in the future , HQplayer users don't even need to build a powerful PC to run HQplayer algorithm, a center powerful server will do the upsampling for us and send the data to all of  the users globally. 

This is what I was thinking when I read about Nvidia GeForce Now which gives you a virtual 1080 in the cloud for game streaming.   It would be a nice companion offering from a subscription music streaming service, but I guess they first need to figure out how to make their current business profitable.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

4 hours ago, louisxiawei said:

Maybe in the future , HQplayer users don't even need to build a powerful PC to run HQplayer algorithm, a center powerful server will do the upsampling for us and send the data to all of  the users globally. Joke aside but hope it will be possible one day if the technology and capital cost allows. ;)

Technically that would be possible now, since bandwidth-wise we are there already even for DSD512. Creating and running that in practice would be different kind of operation... :)

Plus there are quite many people using HQPlayer without internet connectivity (on purpose)...

5 hours ago, seatrope said:

Then, changing nothing else, I took my enterprise grade Trendnet L3 managed switch with 10G ports out of the chain, and did a direct connect (as originally proposed by Roy in that gigantic thread), using my HQPlayer machine as a DHCP server.

The stuttering went away entirely.

Not sure why.

Very likely you had flow control disabled in the switch settings, it is well known issue to happen especially with smaller NAA's in that case.

19 hours ago, Miska said:

You need to activate correct overlay by editing the config.txt file on the boot partition as usual.

I don't know about that AudioGD thingie. There are device tree files (which RasPi calls overlays) for HifiBerry Amp, DAC, DAC+ and Digi and IQAudio DAC and DAC+.

I have HifiBerry DAC+ Pro and Digi+ Pro, but didn't test those yet, but I assume those continue to work as before.

I tried to activate the I2S part in config.txt (changing something like "I2S device=off" to "I2S device=on", but still nothing passes through the I2S DAC port.

Looking at the log (attached) it's like if HQP could discover the NAA, but not the network endpoint in case the I2S is connected.

No problem if I connect the USB port.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I feel so close... :)

The AudioGD I2S Hdmi output for Raspberry is this one (on the right): HDMISOC.JPG

Tested and working with Linux OS, as long as the I2S generic driver is activated.

log.txt

9 minutes ago, tz1963 said:

Can someone tell me what the best way is of loading albums in the HQplayer library. I have all my albums in folders in windows explorer, but when I try to get HQplayer to enter these into the library, it makes a mess of it and leaves out many albums. Thanks...

It will skip AAC files because they aren't supported.  Those need to be converted to a supported format.

50 minutes ago, tz1963 said:

Can someone tell me what the best way is of loading albums in the HQplayer library. I have all my albums in folders in windows explorer, but when I try to get HQplayer to enter these into the library, it makes a mess of it and leaves out many albums. Thanks...

First i will make sure all the files are supported for HQ Player. If the library is not too large you can use add library from File Menu.

However, i use Roon you should have heard it by now. but it come with a price. Muso is good too. 

10 hours ago, Miska said:

Technically that would be possible now, since bandwidth-wise we are there already even for DSD512. Creating and running that in practice would be different kind of operation... :)

Plus there are quite many people using HQPlayer without internet connectivity (on purpose)...

Yes, you can do it now. and simple setup with be VLAN, However, it will be limited to per user instant. because the limit is the Queue. Unless the server support multi-instant that will be different story. 

On 10/11/2017 at 6:26 PM, Miska said:

My GTX 1080 is on the i7-6950X machine. Without CUDA it can do 512x with xtr filter.

Bottleneck is the GTX 1080... But it is understandable, the entire card is about half price compared to plain 6950X CPU...

On 8/11/2017 at 1:20 PM, wwaldmanfan said:

I have HQPlayer installed on two Macs. I use it on one or the other, not at the same time. It works fine on one, the HD got corrupted on the other one, and now it only runs in demo mode, as the key code was lost. Copying all the files from the other computer does not work.

I PM'ed Miska, but his public response was not forthcoming. Any ideas, other than buying another license?

I send a direct mail to Miska but never get a response and it was about buying the player...strange

www.guillermoguareschi.com.ar

52 minutes ago, screenmusic said:

Please somebody at Sygnalist, I contact them and get no reply, suddenly an unknown from here told me to pay him...is this serious? I need to buy the soft and have a question about it!

miska can take a week or two to reply as HQPlayer is not his full time job. Why not ask your question here and see if someone can help? Also bibo01 is a re-seller.

🎸🎶🏔️🐺

On 14/11/2017 at 6:22 PM, ismewor said:

First i will make sure all the files are supported for HQ Player. If the library is not too large you can use add library from File Menu.

However, i use Roon you should have heard it by now. but it come with a price. Muso is good too. 

Thanks for that. What should I do, if the library is fairly large? I have been using the add library function, but that does not replicate the file structure of the disk. Is there another way of doing this?

I don't usually use the Direct SDM, but was trying it today, and no matter what I checked , Direct SDM, or in the Prefs,  the Mytek  reads DSD 128,

but the File is DSD 64.

I can change the Sampling Rate to DSD 64, instead of Auto, still reads DSD 128. 

Decibel doesn't oversample, and plays it as DSD 64, with the same reading on the Mytek.

But with HQ, it Says it's 2.8 to 2.8, but the Mytek says 5.6,

no matter what.

Is there a step I'm missing?

I don't think it's the DAC, as it is in synch with Decibel and reads DSD 64.

I'm on HQ 3.18.2, but have several earlier versions on my Mac, all the same,

not getting DSD 64, just 128.

I Love my HQ sound!

5 hours ago, jimdukey said:

It's the 192/DSD Firewire Dac, with 2 Wire checked.

I'm thinking that it should be un-checked for DSD64,

I had to check it for DSD 128.

Yes, it's needed for DSD128. I don't remember now, but I think it worked correctly with it also at DSD64, but the display is just wrong because it behaves a bit simplistic 2wire vs normal.

I still use mine on my iMac through Thunderbolt-to-Firewire adapter, but I keep it running at constant DSD128, so I don't remember now all the details.

Once more I will eagerly  commend Miska for all his hard working efforts ... to make his already excellent player even better.

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."