IGNORED

HQ Player

8 hours ago, m3lraaHnevetS said:

Nice but not better than no filter...I give up the tinkering again, back to listening!

thanks for the support especially @Miska you are the best omohreknak

No filter? 'None' for a filter means upsampling skipped. In this case you do not need HQ Player and might be good with your OS ability to play audio.

PCM filter is irrelevant when going from PCM to DSD (SDM).  Instead, the filter chosen on the DSD(SDM) side is relevant.  The PCM side is only used when going to some PCM rate.

Set Direct SDM (i.e don't touch DSD, leave it as is) if you find that upsampling DSD is either not good sounding or too much for your cpu. Me, I upsample all DSD to DSD512, and I upsample all PCM to highest family rate available (352/384 for my Holo Spring)...but that is purely due to my dacs performance.

Thanks Ted! My CPU use seems fine. No glitches or whatever.

For some reason I thought someone posted that the PCM settings Do affect DSD Upsampling of PCM, including the

Max Sample Rate of the Dac setting in Prefs.

Probably it was only about PCM playback, as you said.

I like HQ a Lot!

Had some problems with the new AV+, none with HQ.

7 hours ago, Miska said:

Just curious what are your settings at the DAC side?

The builder of the Pink Faun DAC told me he turned every thing off that he could, but I don't know what this really means...lol

If it is still doing the 8x oversampling it does so using a FIR filter set to slow or sharp. for DSD there seem to be 4 different filters available if I am reading this doc correct.

Again I do not (yet) know which of these is being used. non of this is user selectable. I could ask Pink Faun if that helps...

Pink Faun Streamer —>  Pink Faun DAC --> Ayre AX5 --> Paradigm S8 

18 minutes ago, m3lraaHnevetS said:

The builder of the Pink Faun DAC told me he turned every thing off that he could, but I don't know what this really means...lol

If it is still doing the 8x oversampling it does so using a FIR filter set to slow or sharp. for DSD there seem to be 4 different filters available if I am reading this doc correct.

Again I do not (yet) know which of these is being used. non of this is user selectable. I could ask Pink Faun if that helps...

Ahh, I thought you were using the TEAC UD-501?

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Hi Miska,

I've been trying to contact you via email and messages through this site. 

I purchased licenses for HQPlayer Linux, macOS, and Windows about a year ago. 

I saved the email mail and codes in notes. Recently upgraded to WSY2K16. Needed to reinstall HQPlayer but somewhere something went wrong and I cannot access them thus I can’t reinstall HQPlayer on my newly installed WSY2K16. 

I do still have HQPlayer on my Windows 10 running but I have not found any way there to access the activation codes. Apparently you have new revised simplified activation codes that I didn’t know about until now and so never converted my codes to the new format. 

Please send me a new link to my activation codes so I can reinstall HQPlayer. 

I’ve been using the email addresses :  XXXXXXXXXXXXX and 

XXXXXXXXXXXXX. 

My email address: XXXXXXXXXXXXX 

Thank you,

Steven

sgr

SteVe's V's

Speakers- Legacy Audio Vs & 2 Legacy LF Extreme Subwoofers, Amplifiers- 2 Coda 15.5 Amplifiers Biamped, Preamp- TRL Dude, DAC- Lampizator Golden Gate Legacy Audio WaveletPC Software-ROON, HQplayer, jPlay, Fidelizer, AudiophileOptimizer 2.10, jRiver, WSY2K12V2 Roon Server PC- , HqPlayer PC- Turntable- SOTA Sapphire, Sumiko FT3 Arm, Audioquest Cartridge, CODA Phono stage, Accessories- HAL Footers, PS Audio Powerbases, Aurios, HiFi Tuning Supreme Fuses, Power- PurePower+ 2000 & 3000, PS Audio: Powerbases, LAN Rover, Noise Harvester, Quintet, Ultimate Outlets HC, Welborne Labs & HdPlex LPSUs,

Cables- Clarus Crimson USB, Lampizator Silver Ghost USB, Clarus Crimson PC, Western Electric 10 gauge DIY Speaker Cables and Best-Tronics Belden 8402 Balanced Interconnects Equipment Racks- SolidSteel

2 hours ago, Miska said:

Ahh, I thought you were using the TEAC UD-501?

yeah sorry for the confusion, I figured if they have the same DAC chips the advised filter, dither, modulator settings would be interchangeable...or does it not work that way...?

so anyway my question is; from a technical point of view is there a preferred filter etc setting for the PCM1795 DAC chip in general and/or as used in the Pink Faun DAC?

Based on the little info available about the implementation of the chip by Pink Faun it might be hard to give any advise or direction...? I talk to them this week and will ask them their findings re HQP settings as well because they sell HQP on their streamers they should have enough experience by now to have developed a preference re their own DAC. 

3 hours ago, sgr said:

Apparently you have new revised simplified activation codes that I didn’t know about until now and so never converted my codes to the new format.

As a FAQ answer:

The old third party license management system that was used only on Windows version was replaced on version 3.17 because it was causing problems on Windows 10 Creators Update and the vendor has gone extinct (purchased by another company and then product was discontinued and employees fired).

There's a link to key conversion web form on my front page, near the download button on the product page and also in the included PDF manual.

2 hours ago, m3lraaHnevetS said:

yeah sorry for the confusion, I figured if they have the same DAC chips the advised filter, dither, modulator settings would be interchangeable...or does it not work that way...?

Not necessarily. Because the chip settings matter too... TEAC lets you adjust the settings.

2 hours ago, m3lraaHnevetS said:

so anyway my question is; from a technical point of view is there a preferred filter etc setting for the PCM1795 DAC chip in general and/or as used in the Pink Faun DAC?

Use SDM output mode at DSD128 (or DSD256 if Pink Faun supports that) and then filter selection is up to you, but you can use the table in manual as guidance. Either ASDM5 or ASDM7 modulator and the DAC chip analog filter set to filter 4. This is the level of generic guidance I can give, I don't have any information about Pink Faun DAC.

24 minutes ago, Miska said:

As a FAQ answer:

The old third party license management system that was used only on Windows version was replaced on version 3.17 because it was causing problems on Windows 10 Creators Update and the vendor has gone extinct (purchased by another company and then product was discontinued and employees fired).

There's a link to key conversion web form on my front page, near the download button on the product page and also in the included PDF manual.

Thank you very much. I’ll do this if still needed when you have time to send my activation codes if still necessary. Thank you very much. 

SteVe's V's

Speakers- Legacy Audio Vs & 2 Legacy LF Extreme Subwoofers, Amplifiers- 2 Coda 15.5 Amplifiers Biamped, Preamp- TRL Dude, DAC- Lampizator Golden Gate Legacy Audio WaveletPC Software-ROON, HQplayer, jPlay, Fidelizer, AudiophileOptimizer 2.10, jRiver, WSY2K12V2 Roon Server PC- , HqPlayer PC- Turntable- SOTA Sapphire, Sumiko FT3 Arm, Audioquest Cartridge, CODA Phono stage, Accessories- HAL Footers, PS Audio Powerbases, Aurios, HiFi Tuning Supreme Fuses, Power- PurePower+ 2000 & 3000, PS Audio: Powerbases, LAN Rover, Noise Harvester, Quintet, Ultimate Outlets HC, Welborne Labs & HdPlex LPSUs,

Cables- Clarus Crimson USB, Lampizator Silver Ghost USB, Clarus Crimson PC, Western Electric 10 gauge DIY Speaker Cables and Best-Tronics Belden 8402 Balanced Interconnects Equipment Racks- SolidSteel

36 minutes ago, Miska said:

Not necessarily. Because the chip settings matter too... TEAC lets you adjust the settings.

Use SDM output mode at DSD128 (or DSD256 if Pink Faun supports that) and then filter selection is up to you, but you can use the table in manual as guidance. Either ASDM5 or ASDM7 modulator and the DAC chip analog filter set to filter 4. This is the level of generic guidance I can give, I don't have any information about Pink Faun DAC.

Thank you Jussi

7 hours ago, Sigi said:

Hi Miska,

am using HQPlayer since many years. Am still with Version 3.16 and using win2012R2.

Are the versions 3.17 up compatible with win2012 R2? If so, could you send me my licence key? I have had a crash some time ago and lost the file.

Best regards

Sigi

@Sigi Please send email to info@signalyst.com for licence key request.

DigitalDac: Chord DAVE, Amp: MC275 Mono, Preamp: FirstSound, Source: Esoteric K01X, Cable: TaraLab GME interconnect,
CASSOtM Trifecta Mod 75ohm MCI, TheLinearSolution TCXO Router

Analog: SME 20/2, SME V, Skala, Esoteric C03 Phono

7 hours ago, shadowlight said:

Should I have Multicore DSP checked even if I am not using any DSP settings?  With 3.15b2 version that I was running previously on my Windows system I had Pipeline SDM checked.  Right now, I am assuming Multicore DSP provides the same benefit as Pipeline SDM.

What do you mean by not using DSP settings? You can leave it in "auto" mode, by leaving the box grayed. Then HQPlayer decides based on your hardware what it should do.

On 11/6/2017 at 6:31 AM, sgr said:

Hi Miska,

I've been trying to contact you via email and messages through this site. 

I purchased licenses for HQPlayer Linux, macOS, and Windows about a year ago.

I saved the email mail and codes in notes. Recently upgraded to WSY2K16. Needed to reinstall HQPlayer but somewhere something went wrong and I cannot access them thus I can’t reinstall HQPlayer on my newly installed WSY2K16.

I do still have HQPlayer on my Windows 10 running but I have not found any way there to access the activation codes. Apparently you have new revised simplified activation codes that I didn’t know about until now and so never converted my codes to the new format.

Please send me a new link to my activation codes so I can reinstall HQPlayer.

i'm in the same boat. Due to a computer malfunction, I lost the access key to my copy of HQPlayer. Miska has not responded to my PM sent several days ago. I guess he expects me to just start over and buy a new license.

People, the web shop provider is selling additional two year backup service as part of the their service offering.

License key occupies few hundred bytes of space. Google Drive offers plenty of free space for backing up things. USB memory sticks are inexpensive and can easily hold several thousand license keys for different software. You can even print out the license key on paper. If you do all these to back up the key, it is unlikely it would get lost.

I try to help, but retrieving old lost license keys is time consuming and certainly not highest priority and I try to do that in batches when I have idle time which is not frequently. So you can expect about a week to a month delay at least.

For comparison, if you lose your Windows activation code, Microsoft is likely not going to help at all.

P.S. Providing the web shop order ID helps finding the information. And you need to send your request email from the same address you used for the order.

Wonder if anyone knows where I could download an older version of HQPlayer. I am running Yosemite on my Mac because Chord does not update drivers for anything past Yosemite on DAC's that they have discontinued. (even though the DAC is only a few years old) Chord Qute EX.

Thanks,

Mark

10 hours ago, markjock3 said:

Wonder if anyone knows where I could download an older version of HQPlayer. I am running Yosemite on my Mac because Chord does not update drivers for anything past Yosemite on DAC's that they have discontinued. (even though the DAC is only a few years old) Chord Qute EX.

Thanks,

Mark

If you ask for any particular build someone would send you a file. Some people store old versions just in case.

I have some builds from 2014 - 2015

Hi Miska,

First time on here but been lurking for a good while.

I'm running the latest HQ Player software on a Windows 10 PC, i76700k cpu + GTX980 gpu to a T+A DAC8 DSD DAC. 

I'm upsampling mostly redbook PCM to DSD512 and all is working fine (especially after moving Roon core elsewhere) however occasionally I have dropouts which last a few seconds. See HQP settings in attached screen grab.

I'm wondering if this might be fixed by upgrading the graphic card to a GTX 1080, if the GTX 980 is not providing enough CUDA offload?

On another note I sometimes have the same issue running HQ Player upsampling redbook to 176kHz via Ultra Rendu in another room.

Any advise much appreciated! Thanks!

Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 12.45.39.png

16 hours ago, markjock3 said:

Thanks,

Mark

Mark,

You can use the following link to change the version number to see if Jussi has older version hosted on his site.

https://www3.signalyst.com/bins/HQPlayerDesktop3-mac-3182.dmg - change 3182 to some older version to see if it works.