IGNORED

HQ Player

5 minutes ago, Bob Stern said:

When using a convolution filter, am I correct in assuming there is no difference between setting the gain compensation to a negative value versus lowering the volume knob the same amount?

Yeah, the practical result is same, but the gain compensation is done in a bit different way that doesn't cause extra processing at playback time.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

I am so excited, I just built a new dedicated music PC for someone and it can play the Poly-sinc-XTR filers with no stuttering.  I used a Ryzen 1700x CPU with a ASrock x370gaming ITX/ac motherboard overclocking slightly to 3750 Ghz, ave CPU usage was 41%.  No PC I had built before (all intel 4 core CPU's) could do this.  The 7700K played but was a stuttering mess.  I guess the higher number of cores is key to getting the intensive filters to play.  My apologies if this has been talked about before.  I haven't followed this thread in a while.  Whoo Hoo.

3 hours ago, Quadman said:

I am so excited, I just built a new dedicated music PC for someone and it can play the Poly-sinc-XTR filers with no stuttering.  I used a Ryzen 1700x CPU with a ASrock x370gaming ITX/ac motherboard overclocking slightly to 3750 Ghz, ave CPU usage was 41%.  No PC I had built before (all intel 4 core CPU's) could do this.  The 7700K played but was a stuttering mess.  I guess the higher number of cores is key to getting the intensive filters to play.  My apologies if this has been talked about before.  I haven't followed this thread in a while.  Whoo Hoo.

Congrats and thanks for sharing.

I wonder if the Intel i7-8700 will do the same.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

Based on the one benchmark I saw probably, plus it has 6 cores, an advantage over the 6700 and 7700k versions.  8700 needs new motherboard as it is not compatible with 6700 or 7700, plus you have the no stock mark up plus.  I got the 1700x for $339.  Forgot to point out above that I am talking about dsd512.  Those non 2s xtr filters are cpu intensive!  That said, I am not sure it sounds better than my 6700k rig.  But, I am not apples to apples comparison yet.  Still more work to get 1700x at same level software wise.  

Good news … it is the hub!

You are correct. This seems to be a firmware issue we're sincerely sorry about. At this time, our team is working on a firmware fix for the Arc Hub. Once the fix is in completed, we can send you a replacement with the updated firmware or have you update your current unit. An update will be posted with more info as the situation continues to develop.

31 minutes ago, Uyen1995 said:

Today, Have many software they're very useful for people!

12 minutes ago, Uyen1995 said:

Computer software, or simply software, is a part of a computer system that consists of data or computer instructions, in contrast to the physical hardware from which the system is built. In computer science and software engineering, computer software is all information processed by computer system, programs and data. Computer software includes computer program, libraries  and related non-executable data, such as online documentation or digital media. Computer hardware and software require each other and neither can be realistically used on its own.

install magentomagento enterprise | magento community

What do you mean by that?

I'm kind of wondering sonic wise 1700x compare to 7700k on a DSD256 level anyone done that?

DigitalDac: Chord DAVE, Amp: MC275 Mono, Preamp: FirstSound, Source: Esoteric K01X, Cable: TaraLab GME interconnect,
CASSOtM Trifecta Mod 75ohm MCI, TheLinearSolution TCXO Router

Analog: SME 20/2, SME V, Skala, Esoteric C03 Phono

Would it make sense to convert my whole library from PCM to DSD256 offline, and let HqPlayer upsample to DSD512 and use filters on it?
Would this reduce CPU load?

Vinnie Rossi LIO (AVC/Tubestage, AMP Module with built in HPF 100Hz 24dB/octave, DAC 2.0), Harbeth P3ESR, Rythmik F8

Win10 i7-7700 -> Roon -> HQPlayer DSD512- > LIO 100Hz HPF -> Harbeth P3ESR

->LIO  -> miniDSP <100Hz -> Rythmik F8  

On 1-11-2017 at 9:07 PM, m3lraaHnevetS said:

which settings do you recommend for PCM1795? I read your blogpost on this DAC chip but can not tell from that which filter to choose...

Tia! 

@Miska  3th time asking...I bought 2 licences I expect some support from you...Thank you very much

Pink Faun Streamer —>  Pink Faun DAC --> Ayre AX5 --> Paradigm S8 

31 minutes ago, mirekti said:

Would it make sense to convert my whole library from PCM to DSD256 offline, and let HqPlayer upsample to DSD512 and use filters on it?
Would this reduce CPU load?

From my experience it takes more cpu to convert from DSD than Flac going to DSD512.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Just now, m3lraaHnevetS said:

@Miska  3th time asking...I bought 2 licences I expect some support from you...Thank you very much

At these prices!? The license doesn't include personal technical support. You just obtain right to use the software.

And based on just DAC chip without knowing anything else it is hard to recommend anything anyway.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

44 minutes ago, Miska said:

At these prices!? The license doesn't include personal technical support. You just obtain right to use the software.

And based on just DAC chip without knowing anything else it is hard to recommend anything anyway.

@Miska ok guess you are right re support sorry. I am reffering to your blogpost on the TEAC UD 501. The post itself seems damaged by the conversion to the current forum software. So my question is; which filter(s), dither and or modulator would you recommend for the TEAC using the current version of HQP? Thanks

7 hours ago, m3lraaHnevetS said:

@Miska ok guess you are right re support sorry. I am reffering to your blogpost on the TEAC UD 501. The post itself seems damaged by the conversion to the current forum software. So my question is; which filter(s), dither and or modulator would you recommend for the TEAC using the current version of HQP? Thanks

polysincxtr2S ASDM7 SDM  I haven't touched those settings for such a long time that the spelling might be wrong

13 hours ago, Le Concombre Masqué said:

polysincxtr2S ASDM7 SDM  I haven't touched those settings for such a long time that the spelling might be wrong

Tried poly sinc xtr ASDM7 to convert redbook to DSD128 on the 32 PCM1795 chips in my Pink Faun DAC, but the result is poor imho.. Same Goes for my Ayre QB-9 and T&A DAC8 DSD, I prefer auto, auto, none none on those too. 

But HQP is still of use because, even at none, none, auto, auto, it is much better then straight Roon.

@Miska you the man, als je een nakkie van die shit wilt hoor ik wel

23 hours ago, m3lraaHnevetS said:

Tried poly sinc xtr ASDM7 to convert redbook to DSD128 on the 32 PCM1795 chips in my Pink Faun DAC, but the result is poor imho.. Same Goes for my Ayre QB-9 and T&A DAC8 DSD, I prefer auto, auto, none none on those too. 

But HQP is still of use because, even at none, none, auto, auto, it is much better then straight Roon.

@Miska you the man, als je een nakkie van die shit wilt hoor ik wel

try closed form/ASDM7 with RB

On 10/31/2017 at 10:26 AM, Miska said:

If you have the problem still with 3.18.1, it is likely a DAC problem. Check if you use same output rate or different one for the tracks where you get noise. Then switch over to use the rate that doesn't cause noise. Or switch to different modulator like ASDM7 or ASDM5. AMSDM7 may not be so nice with all DACs...

Spent some time this week listening, using ASDM7 only and various filters. With "auto rate family" checked and unchecked:

Slight static noise overlay with playback of 24 bit rate (48kHz family), 96kHz and 192kHz.

No static noise overlay with playback of 16/24 bit rate (44.1kHz family), 88.2kHz and 176.4kHz.

And by slight static noise I mean an infrequent barely audible pop that appears throughout a recording.

Playing back the same file with PCM up-sampling to 384kHz results in no noise.

My next test will be installing HQP on my workstation with AMD 1800x, 32GB, 1070 and 1080 TI for the CUDA cores and using that machine as my control pc to see if I can replicate the noise.

Software: HQPlayer | JRiver | Fidelizer Pro | Roon | Qobuz

Music Server: i7 6700K (Windows 10) | DAC: T+A DAC8 DSD, Marantz SA 14S-1, Schitt Yggdrasil | Preamp: DIY AMB alpha24 Fully-differential line amp | Amp: DIY M3 Balanced or DIY Tube Amp (2A3-300B) | Headphone: Shure SRH-1840, Audeze LCD-X, AKG K-501, Sennheiser HD600, HD800 | Speakers: Klipsch Heresey III