IGNORED

HQ Player

WHY would you like to do that ? 64 & 512 being n44

Well it sounds better that way for me and some other people. We was talking about that in T+A thread some time ago. That's why I changed 6700 to 6700k. Autorate family makes things easier. Less load. But without it music sounds better. Just for 44k file load is at 47% already.

test.jpg

Do you have 48k x512 as a result for dsd64 file?

I am not sure what you're asking here. Do you mean 22.x vs 24.y MHz output? If yes, then you should know that my ifi microIDSD DAC is restricted to 22.x, so 24.y is impossible to test at the moment.

Sorry, I just noticed that Miska changed the upper boundary settings to x by y multiple terms vs. the prior frequency based list.

I have had T+A DACs here for months and never had a problem switching between 44.1 vs 48 khz multiple dsd512 streams. I did have Autorate family checked however. That was with prior versions of HQplayer.

Sorry for any distraction.

Larry

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

Thank you. Brain tricks are terrible, I now have tried every way to convince me but add engine just doesn't make it, especially with PCM files, afaic.

Keeping the same settings whatever the files is comfy but, either for SQ or computer sake, do you recommend CUDA offloading rather than playing DSD files at 40%+ CPU load ? (when I CUDA offload, CPU load is about 20%) ?

I'm still very fond of xtr 2s though, intellectually, it hurts all I could read about minimum phase, pre ringing etc... Is there a theoretical new paradigm that triggered your will to offer xtr (and backs my choice) or was it just a "beau geste" an "exercice de style"?

Yes the accuracy should be the same for all practical purposes, just two different approaches. But there are the two options so if you find a difference in sound, just use the one you like more...
I am not sure what you're asking here. Do you mean 22.x vs 24.y MHz output? If yes, then you should know that my ifi microIDSD DAC is restricted to 22.x, so 24.y is impossible to test at the moment.

Sorry, I just noticed that Miska changed the upper boundary settings to x by y multiple terms vs. the prior frequency based list.

I have had T+A DACs here for months and never had a problem switching between 44.1 vs 48 khz multiple dsd512 streams. I did have Autorate family checked however. That was with prior versions of HQplayer.

Sorry for any distraction.

Larry

Hi Larry. No worries. Yes 44k x512 is no problem for 6700k with autorate on and off. But we struggle here with 48k x512. Max 6700k can get that with autorate off is 192k files and it's on the very edge. That's why I need a feedback from someone that got already 7700k and can confirm that extra 200mhz will make our problem dissapear.

Hi Larry. No worries. Yes 44k x512 is no problem for 6700k with autorate on and off. But we struggle here with 48k x512. Max 6700k can get that with autorate off is 192k files and it's on the very edge. That's why I need a feedback from someone that got already 7700k and can confirm that extra 200mhz will make our problem dissapear.

Marcin, do you have hyperthreading turned on? After a tip from a friend, I turned hyperthreading off this weekend and skipping was the result.

Having just received a Lampi Atlantic for evaluation with 22 and 24 MHz I thought I would try some "cross-rate" upsampling. I have a 6700K / GeForce 970 /Asus Z170 mobo OC'd to 4.16 GHz with DDR4 2400 memory, but little OS optimization. Poly-sinc-short-mp with 512+Fs and CUDA doing 44 to 22 takes about 25 seconds to load up and runs the CPU at ~22%. I tried 44 to 24 without success. It takes about the same time to load at 100% CPU but then HQP just stops and doesn't play.

Then I tried DSD64 2.8 MHz (44 base) to 24MHz using poly-short-mp / fast-mp / IIR and it only took a few seconds to load and runs fine at about 25% CPU.

I'm still using 3.14.4 and NAA 3.40 until the dust settles!

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

I figure you meant writing of log files

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by shadowlight viewpost-right.png

Would you be willing to share how you disabled the writing to log files?

OK Here you go! These are the registry entries I referred to. One can use REGEDIT to make these changes.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

\SYSTEM

\CurrentControlSet

\Control

\WMI

\Autologger

Setting "start" to 0 in each entry disables the log. There are many loggers. Once all are set to 0, reboot.

How please do you do that ? (I'm not sure of the relevancy of my yet done Google search results)
Also, have you turned auto logging off? There is a script for this in the windows optimization thread. Random disk IO is the middle of real-time upsampling tasks is no good.

I have AO and autologin is on. You say it should be off? As for hyperthreading I have it off as it been said many times that it doesn't help much with virtual cores. But I will try that tonight. Thanks for tips.

I have AO and autologin is on. You say it should be off? As for hyperthreading I have it off as it been said many times that it doesn't help much with virtual cores. But I will try that tonight. Thanks for tips.

Hi Marcin, autologging not autologin.

I am running AO as well and the latest beta is very good at streamlining windows with its ultimate settings and choice to kill drivers and processes. Also, using the Service Tool (ST) to run HQplayer on boot kills the desktop and a lot of useless processes.

autologin (to Windows session) and autologging (writing to log files) are 2 different things. lmitche wrote about automated writing of logs - see the registry above :)

autologin doesn't cause any permanent load.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
Hi Marcin, autologging not autologin.

I am running AO as well and the latest beta is very good at streamlining windows with its ultimate settings and choice to kill drivers and processes. Also, using the Service Tool (ST) to run HQplayer on boot kills the desktop and a lot of useless processes.

Hyperthreading helped but combined with pipeline sdm.

Stuttering wise I didn't find any disadvantage in using NAA via LAN cable.

But why not to try the difference ...

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500