IGNORED

HQ Player

Quote Originally Posted by motberg View Post

also drag-drop seems does not always work on Win Server in core mode..

I also used Wins Server and drag-drop worked fine in Core Mode.

DAC - Mytek Brooklyn, Intona High Speed Isolator.Int.Amp - ATC SIA2 150,SP - ATC SCM19, Sub - Paradigm SW2200

Source - Audio PC, Core i7 4785T 2.2Ghz, 8G PPA RAM, Samsung 850pro , WD Black HDD, JCAT USB card, PPA BLACK SATA Cable, HDPLEX H5 gen2 case, LPSu - Uptone JS-2 for DAC and USB Card - TeraDak ATX350W for PC, OS wins2012R2, Audio Optimizer, Fidelizer Pro, ASIO JPLAY, Foobar2000+Ramdisk, Hq player, SP cable - JPS superconductor2, Analog interconnect - Harmornic Tech Magic link III, USB cable - JCAT twin cable, Power cable - JPS kaptivator for Uptone JS-2 forDAC and USB card, Wireworld electra7 for PC, Wireworld electra7 silver for Amp, Magnet 2000 power line stabilzer and conditioner for DAC,PC

12932837_1700967073514123_7525078827891555851_n.jpg

exactly the same here on my Macbook Pro.

Hi Miska,

Direct DSM is disabled and vol max is to -3db

About output resolution, I just want to keep 2,8MHz, no upsampling

My CPU is I5-3210M @ 2.5GHz

When I press play, simply nothing happens.

Thanks for your time

Massimo

Was full screen/touch mode for HQPlayer disabled in 3.14b5? Every time, I try to run it I get a blank screen with top left hand corner saying "Signalyst HQPlayer Desktop - registered:" and the right side having the normal option for minimize, maximize or exit. I use my iPad as remote via RDP session. It also does not work via normal RDP session from either a win10 or win8.1 system.

Starting with 3.14, you need OpenGL support for the touch mode for performance reasons. Without OpenGL it was too sluggish, now it gives 60 fps performance most of the time.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

HiMiska,

I amunable to load into library large files, for example BEETHOVEN - SYMPHONY NO. 5AND NO. 7 (2015), PITTSBURGH SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA, MANFRED HONEC, ReferenceRecordings DSD256fs multichannel, from Native DSD, about 29 Gb.

I amable to load this album as a DXD multichannel file, but severe distortion ispresent during playback.

Ihave had difficulty loading some multichannel ripped DSD in to the library aswell. Is this related to the file size? What is the size limit to import amusic file in to the library? If yes, any plan to increase this limit.

Shouldthe DAC bits set to default for the merging HAPI or selected 24? Does HQPlayerautomatically detect network attached DAC bit depth? I have Default for this setting and Buffer.

Pleaseexplain DSDIFF/DSF settings for Integrator. What is the recommended Integrator?I can upsample 5.1 DSD64 to DSD128 with IIR and FIR. I am unable to upsample DSD64 with CIC. Higher sample rates with cores exceeding 80 -90 %. Upsampling 5.1 DSD with pipelineusing -2 versions with cores exceeding 95%

IsDSDIFF/DSF settings/Conversion type “traditional” the same as “normal”?

(DELL T5500, 12 core, Xeon 5680 3.33 GHz x 2, 72 GBRAM PC3-10600 ECC, Windows 7 Professional 64 bit).

Thank you.

Cory

I amunable to load into library large files, for example BEETHOVEN - SYMPHONY NO. 5AND NO. 7 (2015), PITTSBURGH SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA, MANFRED HONEC, ReferenceRecordings DSD256fs multichannel, from Native DSD, about 29 Gb.

This problem is present only in 64-bit Windows version and has been fixed in latest beta 3.14 beta, available here:

Signalyst - Installing HQPlayer beta

Ihave had difficulty loading some multichannel ripped DSD in to the library aswell.

If the file is DSDIFF (DFF), then most likely reason is that it contains DST compressed audio that needs to be decompressed first. There are tools for performing such operation and convert the result to DSF file that can properly hold metadata too. Maybe @bogi here can elaborate more on where to find the necessary tool.

Shouldthe DAC bits set to default for the merging HAPI or selected 24? Does HQPlayerautomatically detect network attached DAC bit depth? I have Default for this setting and Buffer.

In most cases it should be auto-detected. One general exception is when using S/PDIF (coax or optical) or AES/EBU connection to the DAC - in these cases the DAC bits need to be set manually because the link to the DAC is unidirectional and there is no way to detect what is at the other end...

With ASIO drivers, always start with buffer time set to "Default" and preferably change it from the driver's control panel if necessary.

Have you tried adjusting your DAC buffer settings

Thanks, wasn't sure what you meant as I already had buffer under "file/settings menu set to max. I'm new to Windows/Asio, just realised there's another buffer setting under tools/Asio control panel. Setting that to max samples seems to have cured problem, i7 now happy with RBCD to both double and quad DSD.

Thanks, wasn't sure what you meant as I already had buffer under "file/settings menu set to max. I'm new to Windows/Asio, just realised there's another buffer setting under tools/Asio control panel. Setting that to max samples seems to have cured problem, i7 now happy with RBCD to both double and quad DSD.

Setting "Buffer time" to "Default" at HQPlayer side means "use the buffer size proposed by the driver". With ASIO, most drivers have control panel where such adjustments are supposed to be made. If a driver doesn't have an ASIO Control Panel, then HQPlayer can try to control it's buffer size. Some drivers say that they support only single buffer size (possibly the one set in their control panel) - then HQPlayer just ends up using that one regardless what is set in the "Buffer time". I think I'll add couple of words about these ASIO details to the manual...

Note; with the Thesycon driver used by iFi and many others, the set of available buffer sizes are relatively small and clearly originally thought for PCM rates between 44.1k and 192k. At higher PCM and DSD rates the buffer sizes become relatively small and thus even with the highest setting are relatively short in time. So for example with iFi iDSD DACs, it is best to select the biggest/safest buffer sizes in the ASIO control panel and leave the setting at HQPlayer side to "Default".

Setting "Buffer time" to "Default" at HQPlayer side means "use the buffer size proposed by the driver". With ASIO, most drivers have control panel where such adjustments are supposed to be made. If a driver doesn't have an ASIO Control Panel, then HQPlayer can try to control it's buffer size. Some drivers say that they support only single buffer size (possibly the one set in their control panel) - then HQPlayer just ends up using that one regardless what is set in the "Buffer time". I think I'll add couple of words about these ASIO details to the manual...

Note; with the Thesycon driver used by iFi and many others, the set of available buffer sizes are relatively small and clearly originally thought for PCM rates between 44.1k and 192k. At higher PCM and DSD rates the buffer sizes become relatively small and thus even with the highest setting are relatively short in time. So for example with iFi iDSD DACs, it is best to select the biggest/safest buffer sizes in the ASIO control panel and leave the setting at HQPlayer side to "Default".

Situation with Linux for these DACs?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Situation with Linux for these DACs?

On Linux iDSD Micro/Nano of course work just fine, no need for DoP or such. All DSD rates, including the 48k-base ones which are not available through the ASIO driver (limitation of the driver, not the hardware).

On Linux, the buffer size management is done by HQPlayer.

Miska,

Thank you.

I emailed a Microsoft Word document for your review and use that combines information from the HQPlayer User Manual and Computer Audio Threads:

HQPlayer Frequently Asked Questions (up to thread 6283)

hqplayer resampling filter setup guide for the ordinary person.

My review was limited to settings selections and DSDIFF/DSF settings.

Did you receive this ?

On Linux iDSD Micro/Nano of course work just fine, no need for DoP or such. All DSD rates, including the 48k-base ones which are not available through the ASIO driver (limitation of the driver, not the hardware).

On Linux, the buffer size management is done by HQPlayer.

Thanks, it was the buffer size management I was interested in. I have not been using DoP with Linux. Strangely, I could use DSD256 a few weeks ago, but not now, and that is whether the DAC (iFi micro-iDSD) is connected to the Linux desktop or NAA (CuboxTV). (Edit: When I say I can't use DSD256, I mean there is constant stuttering.)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Hi All. I'm hoping for some help. I downloaded and installed HQPlayer to use with Roon and my Mytek Brooklyn DAC which does PCM to 32/384 and DSD256 natively. I got everything set up last night on HQPlayer for PCM and DSD playback. I set HQP to upsample to the highest PCM rate the Brooklyn will handle (32/384kHz) and also the highest DSD rate the Brooklyn will handle (DSD256). Under settings I have: SDM Pack - none, DAC Bits - 32, AltDSD is not checked, Sample Rate Limit - 384000, Bit Rate Limit - 11289600. DSDIFF/DSF: Direct SDM, not checked. I seem to be able to play PCM fine upsampled to the highest rate, but on those settings all of my DSD files are converted to PCM at 384000. I have tried setting the SDM Pack to DoP and that works for the DSD64 files, but DSD 128 and DSD256 Seem to be downdampled to DSD 64 and the display on my DAC shows "No Lock. I opened a ticket with Mytek, but they referred me back to HQPlayer. Anyone on here know what I'm doing wrong with my settings that I'm not able to upsample all of my DSD files to DSD256 and play through HQPlayer + Roon? Also, another issue is that I can play several files, then HQPlayer quits or locks up and I have to shut it down and restart it.

Hi All. I'm hoping for some help. I downloaded and installed HQPlayer to use with Roon and my Mytek Brooklyn DAC which does PCM to 32/384 and DSD256 natively. I got everything set up last night on HQPlayer for PCM and DSD playback. I set HQP to upsample to the highest PCM rate the Brooklyn will handle (32/384kHz) and also the highest DSD rate the Brooklyn will handle (DSD256). Under settings I have: SDM Pack - none, DAC Bits - 32, AltDSD is not checked, Sample Rate Limit - 384000, Bit Rate Limit - 11289600. DSDIFF/DSF: Direct SDM, not checked. I seem to be able to play PCM fine upsampled to the highest rate, but on those settings all of my DSD files are converted to PCM at 384000. I have tried setting the SDM Pack to DoP and that works for the DSD64 files, but DSD 128 and DSD256 Seem to be downdampled to DSD 64 and the display on my DAC shows "No Lock. I opened a ticket with Mytek, but they referred me back to HQPlayer. Anyone on here know what I'm doing wrong with my settings that I'm not able to upsample all of my DSD files to DSD256 and play through HQPlayer + Roon? Also, another issue is that I can play several files, then HQPlayer quits or locks up and I have to shut it down and restart it.

Firstly, make sure that HQPlayer on its own can upsample PCM to DSD256.

Secondly, in Roon click on HQPlayer icon in the low right, set Crossfade to 0.

I know nothing about Roon, but as for HQP, what OS are you using? If it's Windows is the Mytek Driver installed? If it's Linux you may not get native DSD if your DAC isn't recognised as native capable - for example my Esoteric DAC works fine for native DSD under Windows with its own driver but only via DoP with Linux. Presumably you are using a USB interface to DAC, not SPDif, as latter may only support DoP?

You do have the output format and sample rate drop downs set to auto or else to specify the output you want? I don't think this will help, but you could also try with "autorate family" unchecked.

On the main page of HQP, in the far right drop down, make sure SDM is selected and not PCM.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

I just upgraded the iMac that hosts my music files to a model with an I7 processor. I had been using a quad core I5 model and it worked pretty good, had the occasional drop out but nothing terrible. I have HQ enabled to use all the cores and it would usually run about 40-50% utilization with Roon using the S filters. The new processor seems to average about 25% utilization running pcm to DSD 256. It also has an nvidia graphics card that enables cuda offload processing.

My question is are any of you running non s filters with i7 processors successfully converting pcm to DSD 256? Any noticeable difference in sound quality?

Thanks!

Firstly, make sure that HQPlayer on its own can upsample PCM to DSD256.

Secondly, in Roon click on HQPlayer icon in the low right, set Crossfade to 0.

Hi bibo01, thank you for the reply and suggestions. I'm trying to find the optimal settings for DSD playback. What do you recommend? Also, crossfade was always set to 0.

I know nothing about Roon, but as for HQP, what OS are you using? If it's Windows is the Mytek Driver installed? If it's Linux you may not get native DSD if your DAC isn't recognised as native capable - for example my Esoteric DAC works fine for native DSD under Windows with its own driver but only via DoP with Linux. Presumably you are using a USB interface to DAC, not SPDif, as latter may only support DoP?

You do have the output format and sample rate drop downs set to auto or else to specify the output you want? I don't think this will help, but you could also try with "autorate family" unchecked.

Hi Norton, I am using Windows 10, with the Mytek Asio driver installed and also using the latest Mytek firmware. I can play DSD256 natively through JRiver or Roon by themselves. I loaded DSD64, DSD128, and DSD256 files into HQPlayer standalone and it plays them but only at DSD128, and my DAC shows "No Lock." I don't know if it's the filter settings or the fact that I have to use DoP with HQPlayer that is causing the downsampling issue.

I just upgraded the iMac that hosts my music files to a model with an I7 processor. I had been using a quad core I5 model and it worked pretty good, had the occasional drop out but nothing terrible. I have HQ enabled to use all the cores and it would usually run about 40-50% utilization with Roon using the S filters. The new processor seems to average about 25% utilization running pcm to DSD 256. It also has an nvidia graphics card that enables cuda offload processing.

My question is are any of you running non s filters with i7 processors successfully converting pcm to DSD 256? Any noticeable difference in sound quality?

Thanks!

Hi itguy61, I have tried about every combination imaginable. I have an i7 quad core processor and have tried s and non-s filters. The best I am able to get for sample rate is DSD128 from a DSD256 file. Is that possibly the limit that HQPlayer can convert to via the Mytek Brooklyn? Also, since I get the "No Lock" message on my DAC, it's leading me to believe that there is a compatibility issue.

Hi Norton, I am using Windows 10, with the Mytek Asio driver installed and also using the latest Mytek firmware. I can play DSD256 natively through JRiver or Roon by themselves. I loaded DSD64, DSD128, and DSD256 files into HQPlayer standalone and it plays them but only at DSD128, and my DAC shows "No Lock." I don't know if it's the filter settings or the fact that I have to use DoP with HQPlayer that is causing the downsampling issue.

You have got the sample rate and output format options in main HQP window set either both to auto or specifically to SDM and 11289600 (for 256)? And I presume must be going direct from PC to DAC USB input?