IGNORED

HQ Player

Yes, uncheck the "Direct SDM" in DSDIFF/DSF Settings dialog. Then in main window select "SDM (DSD)" as output mode and pick up some filter and modulator. You can use either fixed output rate, or automatic (with possible family selection). Check that the rate limits in Settings dialog are set to highest rates supported by your DAC.

Thank you !!!

I never even noticed the 4 grey pull downs on the MAIN Window before now.

It's working. I am FINALLY hearing DSD256 material for the very first time. I mean... just WOW...

It sounds like I just bought better speakers. My CPU utilization is only 10-11%

Tomorrow I will tackle the NAA I built and could not get working properly.

I now have 2 separate 10Gbit dual mode fiber connections under my house to my HP Switch. One for the HQPlayer/HTPC and the other for the NAA. I'm the one a few pages back that could not get adequate VOLUME from the NAA.

Just to be a nit-picker: If you are upsampling, you are not "hearing DSD256 material" since the source is not DSD256. Anyhoo.....enjoy it.

True: and there exists DSD256 material which you can get from nativedsd.com.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Every once in a while when switching to a new track, HQPlayer hisses like crazy. I actually have to restart HQP to make the hissing stop. It only happens when I upsample PCM to higher rate PCM. Any ideas why this may be happening?

I'm using Roon integration and the microRendu is in NAA mode. DAC is a Chord Mojo.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

Every once in a while when switching to a new track, HQPlayer hisses like crazy. I actually have to restart HQP to make the hissing stop. It only happens when I upsample PCM to higher rate PCM. Any ideas why this may be happening?

I'm using Roon integration and the microRendu is in NAA mode. DAC is a Chord Mojo.

The USB interface on Mojo is a bit flaky/sensitive and it easily goes nuts every now and then. For example when I connect mine to iPhone 6 with camera connection kit, I can listen Spotify/Tidal for couple of minutes before it goes crazy. From my desktop computer it works as long as the USB cable is carefully selected piece...

Higher the rate, more data there is transferred and more likely it will have transfer issues. With the very short cable it comes, it may work the best with microRendu. But you could also try some other cable or some other source instead of microRendu.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

But you could also try some other cable or some other source instead of microRendu.

Thanks for the quick reply. It's frustrating because I can listen for hours with no problem as long as the source material remains at the same sample rate. But if I switch to another song at a different sample rate, every once in a while I get the hissing.

I do like improvement I get from upsampling, but I get bigger improvements from both the microRendu and my USB cable, so I'd be more inclined to disable upsampling in HQP to eliminate the hiss.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

Thanks for the quick reply. It's frustrating because I can listen for hours with no problem as long as the source material remains at the same sample rate. But if I switch to another song at a different sample rate, every once in a while I get the hissing.

Even if you keep fixed output rate form HQPlayer? As long as you select a specific output rate from HQPlayer main window (instead of "Auto"), the DAC sees only one sampling rate.

Even if you keep fixed output rate form HQPlayer? As long as you select a specific output rate from HQPlayer main window (instead of "Auto"), the DAC sees only one sampling rate.

I have had it set to auto. I will try a fixed rate and report back.

I should point out that I *never* had hissing when the first two drop downs were set to none and the rate was set to auto. So I don't think the problem is on the hardware side as I could easily bounce around between sample rated before I set the filter to something other than none.

Hi,

How can i protect Hq player from rearrange my music folder.

It's like pain in my ass. (Sorry)

I will upset everytime when i looking for songs i wanna play and can't find them.

DAC - Mytek Brooklyn, Intona High Speed Isolator.Int.Amp - ATC SIA2 150,SP - ATC SCM19, Sub - Paradigm SW2200

Source - Audio PC, Core i7 4785T 2.2Ghz, 8G PPA RAM, Samsung 850pro , WD Black HDD, JCAT USB card, PPA BLACK SATA Cable, HDPLEX H5 gen2 case, LPSu - Uptone JS-2 for DAC and USB Card - TeraDak ATX350W for PC, OS wins2012R2, Audio Optimizer, Fidelizer Pro, ASIO JPLAY, Foobar2000+Ramdisk, Hq player, SP cable - JPS superconductor2, Analog interconnect - Harmornic Tech Magic link III, USB cable - JCAT twin cable, Power cable - JPS kaptivator for Uptone JS-2 forDAC and USB card, Wireworld electra7 for PC, Wireworld electra7 silver for Amp, Magnet 2000 power line stabilzer and conditioner for DAC,PC

12932837_1700967073514123_7525078827891555851_n.jpg

How can i protect Hq player from rearrange my music folder.

It's like pain in my ass. (Sorry)

I will upset everytime when i looking for songs i wanna play and can't find them.

What do you mean by rearrange? It doesn't ever modify the original files in any way, only reads them. And what ever data is imported/input into the library is not modified even over rescans, only new/changed cover images are discovered.

What do you mean by rearrange? It doesn't ever modify the original files in any way, only reads them. And what ever data is imported/input into the library is not modified even over rescans, only new/changed cover images are discovered.

Hi, Miska

Sorry if bothering you.

It doesn't actually modify my files but in the library.

After i imported my music files to library, the library structure was not the same. (like Roon did).

It's fine if it rearrange and sorted by Artists but sometimes producers, composers or ect.. which i have to figure out who is it?

Please see my photo attached. You will see that the album is under another artists which perform just 1 song in that album.

All my files are mostly like that and make me sick when i try to find songs to play.

14241446_1769110933366403_5267460641744482156_o.jpg

DAC - Mytek Brooklyn, Intona High Speed Isolator.Int.Amp - ATC SIA2 150,SP - ATC SCM19, Sub - Paradigm SW2200

Source - Audio PC, Core i7 4785T 2.2Ghz, 8G PPA RAM, Samsung 850pro , WD Black HDD, JCAT USB card, PPA BLACK SATA Cable, HDPLEX H5 gen2 case, LPSu - Uptone JS-2 for DAC and USB Card - TeraDak ATX350W for PC, OS wins2012R2, Audio Optimizer, Fidelizer Pro, ASIO JPLAY, Foobar2000+Ramdisk, Hq player, SP cable - JPS superconductor2, Analog interconnect - Harmornic Tech Magic link III, USB cable - JCAT twin cable, Power cable - JPS kaptivator for Uptone JS-2 forDAC and USB card, Wireworld electra7 for PC, Wireworld electra7 silver for Amp, Magnet 2000 power line stabilzer and conditioner for DAC,PC

It's fine if it rearrange and sorted by Artists but sometimes producers, composers or ect.. which i have to figure out who is it?

I explained the logic some time ago in some post. Primary key is composer/artist and secondary is performer.

But for those cases where the result is incorrect, you can just edit the information in HQPlayer's Library-dialog just like you would in a spreadsheet (double-click the cell). These edits are local to HQPlayer and are retained over content rescans (as long as you don't remove the library entry).

I explained the logic some time ago in some post. Primary key is composer/artist and secondary is performer.

But for those cases where the result is incorrect, you can just edit the information in HQPlayer's Library-dialog just like you would in a spreadsheet (double-click the cell). These edits are local to HQPlayer and are retained over content rescans (as long as you don't remove the library entry).

Ok, Thanks Miska. ^^

Sorry if this question come out of the blue for this thread.

Is there a good reason why HQP does not release ALSA when the "stop" button is selected? Every other media player that has the capability to bypass Pulse Audio has this ability (gmusicbrowers, guayadeque, deadbeef and Media Center 22). I am wondering why HQP does not.

The reason I ask is that sometimes I want to stop HQP so that I can view and listen to a web page link to some audio/video clip; or, compare HQP output to some other media player's output. As it now stands, HQP must be exited in order to release it's hold on direct ALSA audio before another audio stream from another player can be used. This is more than just a little inconvenient.

Another thing, Miska

Is it possible to put an " open files " function on Hq player?

This issue is raised from the SACD ripping (and others ) thread about clicks at the beginning and starting a new DSD track.

One issue that is now bugging me is the newly acquired dsf from SACD there is a is a faint scratch (several ms long) at the start of each DSD track playing with HQ Player 3.13.3. It's consistently there, despite three different DACs and the commonality is HQPlayer. For comparison, I had to use JRMC22 and there's no sign of the scratch at the start at all, just gapless as selected in the options.

This only applies to DSF created with Sonore ISO2DSD, I tried to load the Phillips DFF and HQPlayer would not accept them, but JRMC accepts and plays no problem. So another drama?

I have also tried with extreme patience, AUI converter and the result is the same, after spending hours number crunching, the scratch is still audible. I thought the drama was with SACD_EXTRACT.EXE, however if Jriver can suppress the scratch, why can't HQ Player do the same?

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

This only applies to DSF created with Sonore ISO2DSD, I tried to load the Phillips DFF and HQPlayer would not accept them, but JRMC accepts and plays no problem.

Do you use the newest Sonore ISO2DSD? Older versions had that tick issue with DSF output and that was the reason I created (with Miskas support) the DFF to DSF context menu extension and later also ISO2DSF (see my signature).

If your DFFs play fine, tou may convert them to DSF with Miskas command line tool Signalyst or using my context menu extension to that tool.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
I tried to load the Phillips DFF and HQPlayer would not accept them

Then they are probably DST compressed. Choose to perform decompression in Sonore ISO2DSD.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
Do you use the newest Sonore ISO2DSD? Older versions had that tick issue with DSF output and that was the reason I created (with Miskas support) the DFF to DSF context menu extension and later also ISO2DSF (see my signature).

If your DFFs play fine, tou may convert them to DSF with Miskas command line tool Signalyst or using my context menu extension to that tool.

Using the Sonore tool, it's the current one, downloaded when the news broke about Oppo player ripping couple of months ago. SACD_Extract.EXE is date modified 29/07/2015. Wrong version?

Using the Sonore Tool and Checking DST, the DFF are readable now and there's no clicks with these. Of course the Metadata is zero.

So used your tool, as per instructions, selected the same ISO as with all the tests, the final DSF have the clicks at the start in HQPlayer and not Jriver. This is using Win10 Pro, Grace Design m920 DoP'd DSD.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

SACD_Extract.EXE is date modified 29/07/2015. Wrong version?

If it is 0.3.8 it should be fine. https://github.com/sacd-ripper/sacd-ripper/releases

You can download 0.3.8 and compare the executables.

Using the Sonore Tool and Checking DST, the DFF are readable now and there's no clicks with these. Of course the Metadata is zero.

So used your tool, as per instructions, selected the same ISO as with all the tests, the final DSF have the clicks at the start in HQPlayer and not Jriver. This is using Win10 Pro, Grace Design m920 DoP'd DSD.

Then this is question to Miska. :)