IGNORED

HQ Player

Hi tboooe

Miska, a quick question...have you had any discussions with JRiver to see if they would consider working with HQP? I just think Jriver is a an overall better library manager than Roon.

Sorry for OT:

What makes you think that jriver is better than roon?

I came from jriver to roon and at least for me, roon is everything that jriver isn't...

PS: jriver will probably forbid HQPlayer because there are no sonic differences between bitperfect players ;)

I used jriver for years and it was good at the time but I really didn't find the search tools of jriver adequate and the remote tool gizmo is just lacking, because it didn't even offer the inadequate featureset that jriver offers as PC/mac/linux installation.

roon is really expensive if you go with the yearly plan but it's OK as lifetime. 50$ every year for jriver ads up as well ;)

The focus feature of roon is a really migthy tool and I would absolutely miss roon.

You are right about the editing and tagging but that will be addressed/bettered with the upcoming version 1.3.

Btw: I have way over 120k tracks and I feel much more comfortable finding what I want with roon than what I did with jriver.

PS: the jplay posse was very embarrassing. For that alone I'm grateful to have roon and not be stuck with jriver.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Dave

Hi Misha,

Many thanks for looking into this.

You are correct, I am using HQPlayer with Roon. As you say... no stop button just "pause".

The sequence of restart you describe (turn on DAC, start NAA, start HQPlayer etc.) is what works.

Interesting re: ASIO driver architecture.

I will contact T + A. Hopefully they can update their ASIO driver....

Cheers,

Dave

You need to hold pause in roon for about 2-3 seconds then roon sends a stop instead of pause.

Sorry, was too late...

• 1 year later...
10 hours ago, Jamesroy said:

No I haven loaded HQP yet still on A+ but I had a difficult time with getting the MR set up. The guys from Sonore tech support had to do a screen share with me to get it right. I do agree with you, whats easy for one is difficult for another. I guess I just need some convienceing on how much better SQ will be over A+? What is ASIO? 

Maybe you better stay within your beloved apple ecosystem ?

• 3 years later...