IGNORED

HQ Player

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, timeslip said:

I apologize if this was asked, but I did a quick search and couldn't seem to find an answer.  I purchased a Mac Mini M1, and I am using HQP 4.12.2 and usb connected to a Holo May running firmware 3012.  It worked fine on the Windows 10 version at 1.536mhz, but it seems to be having problems on the Mac Mini M1.  I get distortion above 705kHz.  

Is there a setting that I have set wrong?

I'm also running a Mac mini M1 16gb as a headless unit and it runs at 32/768 with ease (that being the max for the TT2). Just to check, do you have Multicore DSP selected in settings? I would get stutter on anything above 705 when this wasn't selected.

39 minutes ago, camott said:
3 hours ago, NoNaim said:

Ah... I run HQP as headless unit from my network cupboard with the OpticalRendu as an NAA.

You can get 1.536 out of an OpticalRendu running NAA? With which DAC??

No. I mentioned in a post just before that that I have a TT2 which has a 32/768 max.

Using Poly-Sinc-Gauss-xla LNS15 PCM the Mac mini M1 seems to have a lot of headroom... it's mostly reporting 60% idle.

My setup is all fibre network with the OpticalRendu + Uptone JS-2 as the NAA - TQ SD USB > TT2 + JS-2 - TQ US XLR > Chord Etude > PMC 25.22 & Empyrean.

• 2 months later...

@Miska Quick question about Convolution files.

I've created a set of files for different frequencies in REW and wanted to know whether you can load them all at the same time. I've been able to select them all at once but just wanted too know whether that was the correct way or, whether I should just load one file and let HQPlayer scale from it? Cheers

26 minutes ago, Miska said:

You should use just one file. HQPlayer can use multiple convolution filters at once, meaning that they are all applied simultaneously to the input signal.

In addition, if you are using REW, you should just export the parametric EQ filter spec as .txt file and load that to the pipeline matrix instead of using convolution. This way REW doesn't need to convert parametric EQs to convolution filter and also makes the correction filters sampling rate agnostic.

Excellent, thanks again.

I've loaded the file that appears in source channel 1 and an entry below also appears with Bauer cross feed. I'm presuming these can be enabled independently given the button options. 

Also, as you mentioned, no need to worry about different frequencies and if I want to add a different EQ for different headphone pads, headphones etc, I just delete the current one and add the new text file and that's it? 

2 minutes ago, Miska said:

Yes, load the file for all relevant channels. And yes, cross-feed is independent and processed on the "output bus".

Yes, that's the way. To make things easier, you can create profiles and then easily switch these for different situations.

Thanks, I'll look into the setting up of profiles I think.

When you say relevant channels are you referring to left and right (speaker channels). i.e. loading the text file into channels  1 & 2 or do I need to just load it into channel 1?

1 minute ago, Miska said:

You need to load it for all channels you want to correct. So if you want to correct stereo output, then for channels 1 and 2. Correction may be same or different depending on the intention. For example for loudspeakers the corrections may be different for left and right channels.

Ok, I had the file loaded into channel 1 & 2 so I've got that right.

And for EQ adjustments, I don't need to alter the Mix Channel if it's not Cross feed changes?

22 minutes ago, Miska said:

No need to change mix channels. Or gains, except if you have boosts (positive gain EQs) in your correction set. If your highest EQ boost is let's say +6 dB, then you should use -6 dB as compensation in the mix gain. It is easy to check what is the highest EQ gain.

When I first bought HQPlayer it was purely for the upscaling for my main system but it's turned into so much more. It has it's own M1 Mac mini at home, it acts as a mobile upscaler on my laptop when I'm away, as well as music library. It has it's own NAA so I can stream to different places in the house from the server. And now EQing my headphones plus terrific support! 

Thanks for the help again.

@Miska Quick question about "Output Device Settings"

If you have multiple NAA's they show up under "Device" in the above settings. If I want to change, select a different device without logging in remotely to the Mac mini M1 that runs HQPlayer is it possible at all to change/select device with the HQPDcontrolv4 app?

I've been able to use this to change most things I need, inc changing pipeline profiles for my headphones but couldn't see / find an option to select devices. I have a feeling it isn't but just wanted to check. If not, I may have to setup some sort of VNC access for my iPhone. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've just added a Allo Digione to my Pi4 HQPlayer NAA but the coax connections are not showing in HQPlayer. I presume there is probably a setting to change but I have no idea how or where that would be. Anyone able to offer any pointers... inc @Miska

Cheers

Edit... worked it out.

Just in case anyone is looking for this, 

Add the line below to the config.txt on the NAA SD boot.

dtoverlay=allo-digione