IGNORED

HQ Player

I just bought an M1 today to test it out with HQPlayer to upsample redbook to DSD512. Also saw that it's easy enough to add more memory if needed. As the M1 will only be running HQPlayer, wasn't sure if it needed more or not. Any config tips I need to know about? This is my first MAC product....

17 minutes ago, Miska said:

If you use USB, it is 32-bit interface and LNS15 shaper.

With optical/coaxial/AES it is 24-bit interface and LNS15 shaper. So in these case, always remember to set DAC Bits to 24.

What about if you are using i2s upsampling to DSD? I have an LKS MH-DA004 DAC being fed from a Sonore UltraDigital&Ultrarendu

3 hours ago, Ipoci said:

Any macOS Big Sur user with NAA?

I just upgrade my MacBookPro from Mojave to BigSur ... HQP Desktop 3.25.6 doesn't work anymore with NAA

I also tried HQP Desktop 4.0 just to double check and but no sound at all ...

HQPD4.0 just show additional info (see below)

Any clue?

Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 10.56.55 PM.png

I'll be using NAA with my new MAC mini M1 > Sonore UltraRendu. I will post my results soon. Hope it works, otherwise it's going back, fingers crossed

22 minutes ago, Mahler and Bach on Computer said:

Just tried HQP 4.10.0 on Mac Mini M1 with 16GB Ram.  Can run ASDM7EC using Sinc-L filter with DSF64 files being converted to DSD256.  But for Flac or similar, there are breaks in the frequency of once every 7-8 seconds. So need to lower to Sinc-M for converting redbook music into DSD256.

Are you running anything else on the M1 other than HQPlayer? Anyone try upsampling to DSD512?

Got my Mac mini M1 with 8GB Ram up and running with HQplayer being the only thing installed. My goal was to upsample everything on Tidal and my NAS FLAC files to  DSD512. My Sonictransporter i5 is still my Roon core.

This sounds best with my LKS MH-DA004 DAC, upsampling a variety of FLAC files:

poly-sinc-short-lp2s > ASDM7 > DSD512 

ASDM7EC > DSD256 sounded very thin to me

I am a complete noob with HQplayer. Any suggestions for filters settings etc for Jazz and soft rock?

For $699, this may stay after I run it through Apple’s 14 day trial.

Just bought my HQplayer Desktop key license....everything was working fine prior to installing the key. I didn't change a thing in settings:

Apple m1 HQplayer desktop to UltraRendu > HQPlayer NAA> in Roon. Now when I try to play a song in Roon it says "starting playback on your audio devices, this may take awhile" and nothings plays at all. Rebooted PC, Restarted both Roon and Hqplayer, nothing happening

What do I need to do? All other Roon zones play fine

35 minutes ago, fmzip said:

Just bought my HQplayer Desktop key license....everything was working fine prior to installing the key. I didn't change a thing in settings:

Apple m1 HQplayer desktop to UltraRendu > HQPlayer NAA> in Roon. Now when I try to play a song in Roon it says "starting playback on your audio devices, this may take awhile" and nothings plays at all. Rebooted PC, Restarted both Roon and Hqplayer, nothing happening

What do I need to do? All other Roon zones play fine

Disregard.......PC IP had changed!

• 2 weeks later...