IGNORED

HQ Player

I have also no sound in HQ-P 4. Playback is not starting. same as freestone.

I am not a Mac Pro... just using it to play my music, so how can I go to the LOG location to copy it?

I am using a MBP 2011 with HighSierra.

HQ-P3 is working without problems

I have an 8 Channel Setup with convolving enabled.

Audio Interface: PrismSound Orpheus with FireWire

What I am wondering is: Processing Time in the lower left corner is 3080.689 seconds!!!

Greetings

Christian

12 hours ago, Miska said:

Can you email me log file of full playback session attempt where selected input is not the same device as output?

Sorry, no mail on this computer.

Hope the new log will help. You won't believe how many hours I spend to make it work... it took me 2 days for the Sierra update because my old El Capitan was not supported by HQP4

HQPlayer4Desktop.log

1 hour ago, Miska said:

Here selected input and output devices are still the same:

2019/05/01 12:21:45 CoreAudio input device: Orpheus (1461) (64) - Prism Media 
Products

2019/05/01 12:21:45 CoreAudio input selected device: 64

2019/05/01 12:21:56 CoreAudio output device: Orpheus (1461) (64) - Prism Media
 Products

2019/05/01 12:21:56 CoreAudio output selected device: 64

Another problem:

2019/05/01 12:21:56 Output set channels: 8 (8)

2019/05/01 12:21:56 CoreAudio output number of streams: 6

And actually format listings show only stereo streams.

1 hour ago, Miska said:

Hi Miska

I have switched between the input devices several time... so i don't know what else i can do. I have switched between Default, BuiltIn(Mic) and PrismSound

"  2019/05/01 12:21:56 CoreAudio output number of streams: 6"

What does it mean to me?

I have configure 8 output channels what you can see in the log and my device has 8 output channels.

Same config is running um HQP3 as 7.1 configuration

I have a 4 way acive crossover setup! So signal feeded is 2 Channel but separated to 8 channels in total.Low, LowMid, MidHigh,High

The wav file i am using for convolving are the same on HQP3 and HQP4

Greetings
Christian

4 minutes ago, chriss0212 said:

Hi Miska

I have switched between the input devices several time... so i don't know what else i can do. I have switched between Default, BuiltIn(Mic) and PrismSound

"  2019/05/01 12:21:56 CoreAudio output number of streams: 6"

What does it mean to me?

I have configure 8 output channels what you can see in the log and my device has 8 output channels.

Same config is running um HQP3 as 7.1 configuration

I have a 4 way acive crossover setup! So signal feeded is 2 Channel but separated to 8 channels in total.Low, LowMid, MidHigh,High

The wav file i am using for convolving are the same on HQP3 and HQP4

Greetings
Christian

Attached the two parts out of the log for my convolution setup:

2019/05/01 12:20:51 Impulse response read from file /Volumes/BOOTCAMP/Acourate/MidDip_HT-2dB/Cor2R88.wav for channel 3 = -319.004 dB
  2019/05/01 12:20:51 Impulse response read from file /Volumes/BOOTCAMP/Acourate/MidDip_HT-2dB/Cor2L88.wav for channel 2 = nan dB
  2019/05/01 12:20:51 Impulse response read from file /Volumes/BOOTCAMP/Acourate/MidDip_HT-2dB/Cor1R88.wav for channel 1 = -282.786 dB
  2019/05/01 12:20:51 Impulse response read from file /Volumes/BOOTCAMP/Acourate/MidDip_HT-2dB/Cor1L88.wav for channel 0 = nan dB
  2019/05/01 12:20:51 Impulse response read from file /Volumes/BOOTCAMP/Acourate/MidDip_HT-2dB/Cor3R88.wav for channel 5 = -337.154 dB
  2019/05/01 12:20:51 Impulse response read from file /Volumes/BOOTCAMP/Acourate/MidDip_HT-2dB/Cor4L88.wav for channel 6 = -302.834 dB
  2019/05/01 12:20:51 Impulse response read from file /Volumes/BOOTCAMP/Acourate/MidDip_HT-2dB/Cor3L88.wav for channel 4 = nan dB
  2019/05/01 12:20:51 Impulse response read from file /Volumes/BOOTCAMP/Acourate/MidDip_HT-2dB/Cor4R88.wav for channel 7 = -291.857 dB
  2019/05/01 12:20:52 Impulse response resampled with ratio: 0.5

here i don't understand the nan on channel 0,2,4

2019/05/01 12:20:46 Matrix pipeline 0: 0 -> 0 0/1
  2019/05/01 12:20:46 Matrix pipeline 1: 1 -> 1 0/1
  2019/05/01 12:20:46 Matrix pipeline 2: 0 -> 2 0/1
  2019/05/01 12:20:46 Matrix pipeline 3: 1 -> 3 0/1
  2019/05/01 12:20:46 Matrix pipeline 4: 0 -> 4 0/1
  2019/05/01 12:20:46 Matrix pipeline 5: 1 -> 5 0/1
  2019/05/01 12:20:46 Matrix pipeline 6: 0 -> 6 0/1
  2019/05/01 12:20:46 Matrix pipeline 7: 1 -> 7 0/1

here i don't understand the meaning og 0/1 at the end.

4 hours ago, trcns said:

I am trying to upgrade my license from HQdesktop 3 to 4 and I am getting an error "std::exception" when I try to upload the key and click on apply. Do you know why?

I had this problem if I try to upload a lic file with *.txt extension but works with a file with *.xml extension

On 5/1/2019 at 10:28 PM, Miska said:

It is source_channel -> mix_channel  gain_in_db/linear_gain

So in this case 0 dBFS / 1.0

In this case, HQPlayer doesn't get any available formats for output, but it gets some for inputs. I don't know why that happens, I need to find a device that behaves similarly.

For some reason it gets formats for inputs, but not for outputs, and the ones it gets are all stereo. You can see that the "CoreAudio output virtual formats" list is empty while the corresponding list for inputs has bunch of stereo formats.

Hi Miska

what I have tried is 2 channels instead of 8... this is working. As soon as I switch to more than 2 channels it stops working.

What I am wondering is, that HQ-Plyer3 is working without problems.

Is there anything I could try?

Greetings

Christian

On 5/1/2019 at 10:28 PM, Miska said:

It is source_channel -> mix_channel  gain_in_db/linear_gain

So in this case 0 dBFS / 1.0

In this case, HQPlayer doesn't get any available formats for output, but it gets some for inputs. I don't know why that happens, I need to find a device that behaves similarly.

For some reason it gets formats for inputs, but not for outputs, and the ones it gets are all stereo. You can see that the "CoreAudio output virtual formats" list is empty while the corresponding list for inputs has bunch of stereo formats.

Hi Miska,

can i hope on a solution? Do you  have maybe any debug version to find the probem?

Greetings

Christian

1 minute ago, Miska said:

I have made some changes for 4.0.2, let's see if it helps. I have not yet found an interface here that would have this problem. Only Firewire interface I have is Mytek Stereo192-DSD DAC which has TCAT Dice Firewire audio interface and it allows four channels as expected for dual-wire DoP (the interface itself has 16 input and output channels). But based on behavior looks like Prism is not using this interface chip/driver...

OK.. Thank you!

Don't know, if this info helps, but HQP4 is working on Windows10 with the PrismSound Orpheus.

Last time i just mixed up input and output. hat's why it was not working on windows.

Greetings

Christian

On 5/6/2019 at 8:35 AM, Miska said:

I have made some changes for 4.0.2, let's see if it helps. I have not yet found an interface here that would have this problem. Only Firewire interface I have is Mytek Stereo192-DSD DAC which has TCAT Dice Firewire audio interface and it allows four channels as expected for dual-wire DoP (the interface itself has 16 input and output channels). But based on behavior looks like Prism is not using this interface chip/driver...

Yesssss!!!!

4.0.2 is working ;)

Now I just need any idea how I could use input AND output of the Orpheus to connect my vinyl ;)

Is there maybe any „bridging software“ like a virtual cable for OSX?

Thank you... great job!

Christian

31 minutes ago, chriss0212 said:

Yesssss!!!!

4.0.2 is working ;)

Now I just need any idea how I could use input AND output of the Orpheus to connect my vinyl ;)

Is there maybe any „bridging software“ like a virtual cable for OSX?

Thank you... great job!

Christian

OK.. I found Loopback but...

Orpheus and Loopback are AU devices. As soon as I switch to AU input I get an error message: its not allowed to use same input  and output device...if I ignore it and use Loopback as Input I don't get any sound. Is this correct and really impossible, or am I doing something wrong?

Greetings

Christian

11 minutes ago, chriss0212 said:

OK.. I found Loopback but...

Orpheus and Loopback are AU devices. As soon as I switch to AU input I get an error message: its not allowed to use same input  and output device...if I ignore it and use Loopback as Input I don't get any sound. Is this correct and really impossible, or am I doing something wrong?

Greetings

Christian

I found this in the Manual:

Note! On macOS, in order to enable audio input to HQPlayer, permission to access “Microphone” needs to be granted to HQPlayer in System Preferences → Security & Privacy.

But I can't find these settings in High Sierra ;(

Any idea?

Christian 

23 minutes ago, Miska said:

Maybe that is Mojave+ security/privacy feature...

It works...

it seems, that there is no need for enable anything in High Sierra ;)

no i just need to figure out, how to use the native sample rate in loopback which I have on the Orpheus. At the Moment only 44,1@16 is working ;)

But this is the first Time that Incan play convolved vinyl ;)

Greetings

Christian

5 minutes ago, Miska said:

Do you get playback started and time running? If you do, then the problem is likely somewhere else, like Apple's (understandable) privacy controls.

Regarding using Orpheus for both input and output - at the moment it is not possible. In most cases HQPlayer would be doing upsampling for example from digital input to DAC output and thus running input and output at different sample rates. And that is not possible with CoreAudio when the device is same and also not technically possible with any audio hardware I'm aware of (they all have just a single audio clock).

With Loopback it works ;)

only strange thing: just if the MacBook is running on 44.1... but Orpheus on 88.1... mmmhhh

Habe to play with the setting I guess ;)

Greetings

Christian

14 minutes ago, Miska said:

It is running rate conversion somewhere... Orpheus can internally have only one sample rate... So definitely everything inside is running at the same rate, both ADC and DAC.

I will later look into adding full-duplex support (both input and output from same device at single rate), but it is very complex thing to do in multi-platform environment because each audio API/backend are so different (CoreAudio vs ALSA vs WASAPI vs ASIO).

Yes, I think OS System settings. I already tried to switch everything to 88.1 but no sound... maybe I have to play with bit depth.

Thank you so much!

Christian

13 hours ago, Miska said:

It is running rate conversion somewhere... Orpheus can internally have only one sample rate... So definitely everything inside is running at the same rate, both ADC and DAC.

I will later look into adding full-duplex support (both input and output from same device at single rate), but it is very complex thing to do in multi-platform environment because each audio API/backend are so different (CoreAudio vs ALSA vs WASAPI vs ASIO).

Don’t worry... it works with loopback adapter ;)

of course it would be nice with full duplex support, but I know: multi platform is not easy!

Greeting and congrats to HQP4!

Christian

On 5/10/2019 at 1:25 PM, Bob Stern said:

Your screenshot shows 88.2 in the playlist, which is the only part that matters.  You must have selected 88.2 in the dropdown at some point, which caused it to appear in the playlist.  Apparently, you subsequently selected 44.1 in the dropdown, but HQP ignored the second selection.  Sometimes HQP ignores the dropdown selection unless you subsequently press the Return key.

Perfect... Thx, I think, this is the reason!

Greetings

Christian