IGNORED

HQ Player

greetings

there was a discussion that you can achieve great results at head fi using hqplayer and getting close to mscaler with hugo tt2

I wonder what are the best settings to dial in that can give me a chance to compare both. I am very unfamiliar with both mscaler and hqplayer so i would really appreciate the best settings to dial in hqplayer using my hugo tt2 via usb

I have an asus Zephyrus 501 laptop -- (Intel 6-Core i7-8750H, 24GB RAM

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2019 at 5:04 AM, pcmchild said:

Not many people use chord dacs around here. I do, I use TT2, but don't have mscaler. Here a snapshot of my settings. Surrounded by red line the ones you should set.

Some people also like Sinc-M filter, but poly-sinc-long-lp I read should be the one more similar to mscaler?

For output you can use both WASAPI or ASIO.

HQP Settings.png

thanks i added dither tpdf and that nailed it when using ur settings

On 12/25/2019 at 12:25 PM, Miska said:

It is still needed to get undistorted data to the DAC's DSP. There's no harm doing dither to 32-bit, but there is harm not doing it.

yes using dither makes it sounding better on tt2

can you tell me the difference between poly sing long lp and sinc m

2 minutes ago, Miska said:

There is very little in common between the two. Both are apodizing and have steep roll-off.

when u say little in common u mean they are very different and can you say what both differ in sound presentation, like is one more warmer sounding than the other

also do u recommend to set minimum volume to -20 like in the settings above

• 7 months later...

greetings

I wonder if I can get some advice

I only listen to tidal now more than anything 

set up

chord mojo--- avid integra--- harbth 5shl plus 40th anniversary

Avid Integra amp it has no remote control

my dac for the time being is chord mojo and i have the chord poly, sometimes i use the poly but most of the time i use the mojo connected by usd to my computer

i like to be able to control the volume from my couch without always having to reach out to the amp, and maintain the sound quality.

i am now considering roon with hq player to a have good digital volume control, as using the digital volume control of tidal apps i feel the sound quality is not as great as using the volume control on my amp

would using hq player with roon be a good move to use them to control volume, if so what settings should i dial in on both roon and hq player, kindly please help, as many suggest that i should buy a preamp and i am not in favor of that to start adding more devices in my set up