IGNORED

HQ Player

16 minutes ago, Miska said:

Comparing log files for exactly same startup/playback session between the two versions could be helpful. It is important to use same content same way to have minimum number of variables in the play.

Also if someone is using for example ASDM7EC and NOT having problems between the versions would be useful to know. Then we could try to figure out what is different. Only code change near that code path was fix of ASIO backend crash with certain configuration.

Logs and settings have been sent to you.

• 5 months later...
27 minutes ago, Miska said:

But EtherRegen doesn't have optical interface for opticalRendu. There needs to be something more between your HQPlayer computer and opticalRendu.

OTOH, I don't understand why EtherRegen with something like opticalRendu in first place?

It can still be network issue. On my network I can even send 8 channels of DSD256 over WiFi to a NAA (not a Rendu though) without issues. But OTOH, I use Cisco/HPE switches and HPE WiFi access points. No EtherRegen either.

It is important to get started with minimal setup. First without NAA, and then connect NAA to your regular home network. More gadgets there are on the way, more likely there are problems.

And remember to stay away from "audiophile network cables" and stick with regular CAT6 UTP cables.

The EtherRegen has an optical interface for opticalRendu. If you go B to A on the EtherRegen you can connect the EtherRegen direct to the opticalRendu via the SFP port of the EtherRegen. That's what I have done. Works perfect with HQP and still get the benefits of the EtherRegen.

First I used an opticalModule to connect to the opticalRendu. When I tried the EtherRegen instead of the opticalModule in front of the opticalRendu everything sounded better.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got a X-SABRE Pro DAC with a ES9038PRO D/A chip.

There are two settings on my DAC that I am wondering about regarding HQPlayer. I am using SDM and 44,1 x 128 as output.

The DAC has a setting for DSD Filters:

Cut-off frequency of DSD digital filter.
47K (default), 50K, 50K, 70K

Which one do you recommend that I use?

I suppose that I also should turn off the DAC built in dither function and use HQPlayers modulater instead.

6 hours ago, Miska said:

That is something I can add, but I'm quite surprised some NAS still stick to the very old insecure version of the protocol.

So far nobody reported this kind of problem before.

6 hours ago, Luca72c said:  "just to suggest one among many, add an option for SMB vers. 1.0 in your NetworkMount page"

I have the same problem with my NAS. But I gave up trying the hqplayer-embedded-4.22.0-x64.7z.

So now two persons have reported this problem.

2 hours ago, Holzohr said:

I too had this problem but didn't report. 😀 But I think @Patatorz had the same problem and has reported about it.

Well, the first step should be to have a look in the Samba settings of the NAS. At least for Synology NAS devices that's the easy way to solve it.

I set the Samba settings to the highest settings including SMB3 and excluding SMB1 on My Synology NAS but it didn't work with hqplayer-embedded-4.22.0-x64.7z

Just now, Rune said:

To those with Samba problems.

Why not just use a local drive for music internal or USB drive and leave avoid all problems with Samba?

It also has the benefit that the disk will be scanned for music much faster and more redundancy as I presume a copy of the music will remain on the NAS.

With Roon USB is preferable to a NAS if you want best scanning performance. I presume  the same apply for HQPlayer.

In my point of view it would be better if the problem was solved regarding the Samba versions by the developer instead of me buying a USB drive.

• 1 year later...

A question about recommended hardware for HQPlayer 4 Desktop.

I use an UP Board as a NAA using a bootable image. As I understand this is a computer that is not optimized for audio.

How does the UP Board compare to the iFi ZEN Stream (which is also recommended hardware for HQPlayer 4 Desktop) that I suppose is optimized regarding sound quality?

2 hours ago, Miska said:

The optimization is mostly about power supply, especially given type of hardware UP Board is.

Then how much effect such things have depends on your DAC and rest of your system.

At the moment I'm powering my UP Gateway (UP Board) NAA with Ferrum Hypsos PSU.

When it comes to software side, you cannot have much more optimized softare for NAA than my NAA OS.

So theese points about the iFi ZEN STREAMER dosn't make it better than the UP Board if I use a better power supply for the UP Board.

• USB and S/PDIF interfaces regulated by femto-precision GMT clock to eradicate jitter
  • Active Noise Cancellation II and iPurifier technologies for USB and S/PDIF interfaces respectively
  • Intelligent Ethernet switch controller
  • High-PSRR, low idle current, low-dropout voltage regulators with soft start
  • Synchronous 1.6MHz high-speed precision power supply controller
  • C0G capacitors and Taiyo Yuden and Murata low ESR inductors

For now the UP Board (with a NAA image and powered by a iFi iPower X) is connected to a HiFi Rose 150B streamer/dac via USB.

I have also a Ferrum Hypsos PSU that powers my etherRegen.