IGNORED

HQ Player

1 hour ago, Miska said:

File info can be displayed during playback without having the information stored in the library. Library data is only useful before it is queued for playback. For example HQPlayer's own GUI has been displaying this information during playback already before it was added to the library.

If the debate relates to the sample rate, bit depth, and channel attributes, what functions does this information returns - except function 'LibraryGet'?

Developer of HQPDcontrol.

14 minutes ago, Miska said:

HQPlayer Embedded sends it as part of "Status".  I can look into adding some of those attributes also to HQPlayer Desktop.

There are following attributes at the moment in "Status":

• state
  • track
  • min
  • sec
  • clips
  • tracks_total
  • track_serial
  • queued
  • begin_min
  • begin_sec
  • total_min
  • total_sec

"metadata" sub-element:

• uri
  • mime
  • artist
  • performer
  • album
  • song
  • samplerate
  • bits
  • channels
  • float
  • sdm
  • features

Thanks for your answer.

I was afraid I overlooked something.

In HQPlayer Desktop 3.20.0, this information can only be accessed via function LibraryGet. Yes?

2 minutes ago, Miska said:

Yes, that seems to be the case. Extending the information to "Status" message should be pretty straightforward, since it is already shown in the GUI.

There are some other differences too, for example with cover art. Library data handles cover per album while HQPlayer GUI can display cover art per track (for example some BlueCoast albums have different images for each track in the embedded metadata).

So different usage scenarios may prefer different approach.

Thank you, Jussi.

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Ipoci said:

Hi all. I've a basic HQP issue on a newly fresh installed laptop with UbuntuStudio 16.04.03

I installed UbuntuStudio as a default with all packages (so no customization). Then I installed a bunch of software as Chrome, Audacious etc.etc. and even a quite complex X-Plane simulator that benefits from the NVIDIA M5100K graphic board.

I can't install HQP ... :$

I downloaded latest package 3.20.2-73 ito /Downloads ...

Using File Manager I move into /Dowloads then > right click > open with Software Install > Install ... for 1-2 seconds I see "installing" on button then everithing return steady

I also tried manual installation <sudo dpkg -i hqplayer...deb> but I got an error:

<hqplayer pre-depends on menu>

<menu is not installed>

What should I do?

Thanks in advance. Massimiliano

Hi Massimiliano,

sudo apt-get install menu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, shadowlight said:

@Ales Prochazka, might update HQPDControl to add support for Qobuz and Tidal if there is enough demand.  I believe the biggest issue for him might be ability to test the Tidal/Qobuz integration based on his location (service not available).  I know @Miska currently does not have the ability to get Qobuz in Finland with out VPN (which might be locked down by Qobuz now).

The other option is to ask the author of Audiravana to see if he can add support for the HQP Desktop using the hqpcontrol commands and add functionality the same way that UPnP setup works.

@Miska, is there away to leverage loopback input options under Mac OS or is it strictly Windows and Linux options?  Previously you had mentioned that adding UPnP support under Windows is difficult due to missing libraries/functionalities but does similar issue exists for MacOS also?

The addition of this functionality is not planned.

Please understand that this is not my main activity.
The goal was to create a simple remote control for HQPlayer with focus on local file playback.

• 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

Edit: sorry @Ales Prochazka - I see the difference is just HQP Embedded vs Desktop, when I look at my Embedded machine. So no problem there.

So my only question is about -2dB gain with your Chu Moy crossfeed files.  

Is there any issue with having 0dB, if I have (example) -6dB fixed volume in HQP Embedded main volume?

Hi,

try to set 0 dB and check the HQPlayer limiter. If the limiter is active, correct the gain :)

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, asdf1000 said:

Very interesting! Is that with  PCM192kHz to DSD256 with ext2 and ASDM7EC ?

Can anyone else running i9-9900K confirm cores are running at ~4.0 GHz?

With  PCM192kHz to DSD256 with ext2 and ASDM7EC

@Ales Prochazka @JTS

With setting PL1 120W and PL2 160W, poly-sinc-xtr-mp filter and convolution on, the cores run most of the time at ~ 4.7GHz (352.8 ---> DSD256).

• 11 months later...
13 minutes ago, Miska said:

It is all good when you know it! Just like most Android and iOS applications and even the OS itself. Takes a little bit of time to learn something when it has any notable number of features.

Some small hint on the edges could help (even just on the first display of the view). But features like long presses that HQPlayer Client, Roon, and for example iOS use are harder to notice unless one happens to try, or reads about it somewhere. I guess this is not in use on HQPDcontrol at the moment?

But that video already is helpful. View map (screenshots laid out as a map) or some introduction text could be helpful as well.

I use a long press (in album detail screen).
I'll try to come up with something and put it on the web.

• 1 year later...
27 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

A quick cursory attempt at it and I think the answer is no. @Ales Prochazka is the person we want to be asking tho.

He can't really do it yet.

Now I'm seeing it for the first time :)

I don't know if there will be an API for this?
If so, will HQPDC have to communicate with HQP on an encrypted channel? I'm having trouble finding any comprehensive libraries on the Flutter/Dart platform that support asymmetric cryptography (Ed25519, ECDH).

There are a lot of unknowns at the moment and I can't tell if I'm implementing it.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...