IGNORED

HQ Player

After many trials, and errors, I managed to install and run HQPlayer Desktop v.3.25.3 under Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS. However, DSD files are not upsampled and PCM files are upsampled but not to DSD. In Settings, the Bit Rate box only shows options up to 48k x 1024. What have I done wrong?

Thank you,Jussi and Quadman. Now I have everything upsampled to 6.144m. I wonder what that is.

One other thing. When I clicked on Help and then Register,  I got a directory list instead of a page that I can make payment to get a licence.

Jussi,

My DAC is the Brooklyn, not +. It can accept up to DSD256. In the settings, if I make it 44.1x128, the upsampling is to 5.6m, equivalent to DSD128. In any higher setting, the upsampling is to 6.1m and the DAC says no lock. Why don't I get to choose 11.2m in the settings as seen in the guides?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm running HQPlayer Desktop 3.25.2 under Ubuntu 18.04 LTS in a NUC8i5. Music files are in an internal SSD.

From the first 2 pictures, you can see that SDM Pack = DoP and upsampling is to DSD128. I then change the setting to None. See the next pictures.

WP_20190413_11_40_19_Pro.jpg

WP_20190413_11_42_58_Pro.jpg

WP_20190413_11_44_46_Pro.jpg

WP_20190413_11_45_11_Pro.jpg

WP_20190413_11_48_08_Pro.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 5/19/2019 at 1:43 PM, Miska said:

If you don't know the IP address, you can login as root and run "ifconfig" to see what address it has got from DHCP. From next release onwards, you can also check IP from the HQPlayer Client (included with HQPlayer 4 Desktop).

Where ? I have Client 4.0.3.

3 hours ago, Miska said:

If you open the settings dialog, tool bar button with three horizontal lines.

Do you mean the one near the lower right corner next to the volume button? When I click it, the screen shows Mode, Filter, Shaper and Rate values.

WP_20190525_14_03_11_Pro.jpg

1 hour ago, Miska said:

In top left corner on second row you can see the server address, in this case "localhost".

So is "localhost" the name to put in as host name in HQPDControl?  I did that and still get the message "connection refused". I then click "allow network control" in HQPlayer and got the same result.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Every time I run HQPlayer Desktop after switching off the computer, I have to scan the library all over again. Is there something I can do about it? I have tried Export Library and Import Library  but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

Clarence

22 hours ago, Miska said:

OK, you have the library.xml appearing correctly under "~/.hqplayer" folder?

Please check permissions of that folder that HQPlayer can write to it.

Sorry I know nothing about Ubuntu and have to be told in detail how to get there.

On 4/3/2020 at 1:46 PM, Miska said:

K, you have the library.xml appearing correctly under "~/.hqplayer" folder?

Please check permissions of that folder that HQPlayer can write to it.

Yes, the library file is there and contains data.

K, then the contents should also appear in HQPlayer server's Library-dialog and in Client when connected to the HQPlayer server.

So I started HQPlayer 4, started Client, searched for an album,then clicked on the album. The songs wouldn't load. The songs would load only when I do a scan of the library before starting Client.

I'm not sure what you mean by "content path." I attach 2 screenshots. One shows the screen I got when I clicked "library" in the settings menu; the other when I got to the folder holding most of the folders containing the music files(on an additional SSD). They are the same folders every time I start HQPlayer.

thumbnail.jpeg

thumbnail (1).jpeg

• 3 months later...

Does the library allow duplicates? I have different pieces of music in an album(e.g. 2 concertos or a symphony and an overture) put into separate folders. When I search using Client, I can only get one but not the other. I didn't seem to have this problem in earlier versions of Desktop.

"Yes it does, but depending on views, identical artist + album may make it not appear. I need to check this. This depends on the client side and not on the HQPlayer library itself."

Grateful if you would do that and offer a solution.

9 hours ago, Miska said:

NAA should be always fanless (and of course low electric noise) because it doesn't need much processing power and thus cooling.

So it is safe to disconnect the fan from my RaspberryPi4  acting as NAA?

5 hours ago, Miska said:

And all fans are set to Silent profile from BIOS, so they run at minimum speed necessary based on the motherboard temps.

Could you incorporate this in the NAA image?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/22/2021 at 8:01 AM, Miska said:

Many DACs, like Holo Spring 1 may seem to play 48k-base DSD, but actually play it at wrong speed, using 44.1k-base clock. Which means that for example HQPlayer would convert to 12.288M, but DAC would actually play it at 11.2896M rate - thus too slow. Most DACs though either just go mute (Marantz), or play it plain wrong (Mytek Brooklyn).

That was what happened to me. I've got the Mytek DAC and last week tried to play 48-base DSD. Everything was a bit slow and low-pitched. I was wondering why. Now Jussi has made things clear.