IGNORED

HQ Player

I have a DSD128 capable dac over DoP and I would like to ask about the difference between the  44.1x128 option and the 48x128 Bitrate (limit) one. What is the difference between these two toggles? Thank you.

"high fidelity” -> being faithful, accuracy in details; “the degree to which an electronic device accurately reproduces sound

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I ran into some strange trouble when running HQPlayer. A strange hssssssssssss sound comes out of my headphones when I try to play back music through HQPlayer when I want to listen to my DSD64 or DSD128 audio materials. Before doing so, I set the Default Output Mode to "source" and leaving the SDM Pack set to DoP as my Woo WA8 can only do double DSD over DoP. And what I hear is that shhhhh sound. So how can I play back for instance double dsd in its native format without SDM oversampling? Thank you

"high fidelity” -> being faithful, accuracy in details; “the degree to which an electronic device accurately reproduces sound

Default output mode I set to [source}

I want to see the CPU consumption of the player if I play back native DSD128 file natively, no upsampling.

6 hours ago, Miska said:

But under DSD Sources there's a "Direct SDM" setting that passes DSD through as is, if output mode is set to to SDM or [source]. Note that this also sets volume to fixed -3 dBFS for PCM sources (to avoid surprise jumps in volume when source content changes).

That did the trick, thank you!

• 11 months later...

I just started to use the HQPlayer's music library function along with the HQplayer Android app and it's so convenient. Before I just dragged and dropped the files I wanted to play back. However, when I scanned all my music files (conveniently contained in my "Music" folder) I have noticed that albums that are in "ape." format will not be recognized. Furthermore, I have albums put together by me from various sources and some are in DSD format while others are in flac and Wav - all within one album. In that case, HQPlayer will only scan one part of the group, let's say DSD or Flac, and the rest will be not scanned. Can someone suggest a solution so I can get all my albums and files scanned? Thank you in advance!

I wonder how can I activate the settings tab on my hqplayer android app where I can change the filter, output mode, shaping and sample rate settings? Currently those options are all greyed out. Thanks

• 4 months later...

I wonder why I can't see the Sync-L option from the scroll down menu, only the "S" and "M". I run version 4.5.1

Can someone please help? Much appreciated!

• 8 months later...

I have the same stuttering issue. Win10 Intel NUC10i7FNH Mini PC, Intel Core i7-10710U Upto 4.7GHz, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD. the unit runs offline and it is only used playing back local files in desktop mode. High performance power setting activated. Stuttering only occurs when dsd is being output. PCM output is just fine. Tested on two dacs, with exactly the same result. Been fiddling around with DSD7, DSD5, ASDM7, et. al. with the same result. The stuttering occurs in every second or so. It is def. not random. Wasapi exclusive backend is used. Applied multicore dsp, cuda offload and auto rate family. That helped a bit, now it stutters in every 1.5 seconds or so. CPU usage while the program running is hovering at 16% when ASDM7ACv2 is applied. In that case stuttering is the worst though, it.s like in every 0.5 seconds. Any ideas guys?

• 7 months later...

For the first time I've got blue death on win10 during playback through HQPlayer so after the computer rebooted I could launch the program all right but nothing will play back. All the settings are the same as before. Tried both dsd and pcm with various filters, to no avail. I hit the play button and nothing starts. I play files and I never stream. Tried with both dsd and pcm files. I'm dumbfounded. Memory usage is low, I keep monitor it. Any ideas?

• 2 months later...

I have encountered some problems when using HQPlayer Pro. Namely, after converting some DSD64 files successfully to DSD128, I wanted to give the same treatment to a 16/44.1 track, and HQplayer just won't respond, it won't start the conversion. So I have removed the 16/44.1 track, replaced it with some DSD64 song and left the same settings in HQPlayer and the conversion was seamless. Please someone can help? Thank you.

P.S.: Tried numerous 16/44.1 tracks, with the same result.

1 hour ago, Miska said:

No, I mean can you give a screenshot or Pro main window when you are trying to make conversion from PCM to DSD?

Untitled.jpg

13 minutes ago, Miska said:

Looks OK, do you get some error on status bar when you hit Play? If not, please check the log file in case it shows some error. With that filter, initialization can take some 20 seconds or so before processing begins.

Thank you. Absolutely no error messages displayed, it just won't do anything. Where do I check that log file? Thank you.

P.S.: I did clear date, rebooted, no change.

8 minutes ago, Miska said:

First enable it HQPlayer settings, then restart HQPlayer and reproduce the issue. Then you can find it in folder %LOCALAPPDATA%\HQPlayer as "HQPlayer4Pro.log". It is plain text file you can read with Notepad or similar.

! 2023/02/07 09:41:02 clHQPlayerEngine::Execute(): Out of memory!

Then why I still can convert DSD64 files into DSD128?

Untitled.png

2 minutes ago, Miska said:

I don't know why this happens. Is this on latest version?

Because the DSP pipeline and algorithms are very different for that case.

It is indeed the latest version. Thank you, anyway. Funny, up until today, my 16/44.1 files got converted without an issue. I tried a DSD64 file for the first time, and since then I can only convert DSD tracks. Bummer.