IGNORED

HQ Player

• 3 months later...

I find the filter poly-sinc xtr -2s with the modulator DSD7 256 + fs a solution that satisfies my listening, a DSD with a bit of detail that I think is good. the quality of Departure file is critical.

hqp 3.16

sistema:

Server HDPlex (i7-6700-WS2016) HQPlayer con Ramdisk + HQPDcontrol > Macmini (roon core+Qobuz) o HQPlayer Client + Qobuz > HDPlex NAA (celeron G1840T-WS2016) NAD con Ramdisk, o miniPC Fitlet con immagine di Miska > Denafrips Ares2 , SPLvolume2 > Monitor KH+sub

• 8 months later...
1 minute ago, charmerci said:

Wow. OK, will setting the rotary volume at half alleviate that?

the problem is not the volume but the set of filters and upsampling you have set

sistema:

Server HDPlex (i7-6700-WS2016) HQPlayer con Ramdisk + HQPDcontrol > Macmini (roon core+Qobuz) o HQPlayer Client + Qobuz > HDPlex NAA (celeron G1840T-WS2016) NAD con Ramdisk, o miniPC Fitlet con immagine di Miska > Denafrips Ares2 , SPLvolume2 > Monitor KH+sub

3 minutes ago, charmerci said:

- so this is definitely not a plug and play .....

I would say no

even if reading the settings well is not so difficult, obviously a good machine is needed to run it.

sistema:

• 4 weeks later...

Miska
when you prepare the HQP library with album tags for genre and year ?

sistema:

• 7 months later...

Hi Miska
can you briefly explain how to use the new filters you put in the 3.23.0 release?
thank you

sistema:

Miska a version of the closed-form filter 16M -2 is expected? 

sistema:

I also tried the closed form 16m on sdm (I stop at 128)
but I prefer the poly-sinc-xtr-mp -2s filter, with DSD7 256 + fs has a bit more detail. 

sistema:

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Miska said:

However, I could probably make HQPlayer extract embedded cover art to detached files automatically...

it would be great ?

sistema:

what should be the max image size ? 

sistema:

• 1 month later...

Hi Miska a question :
HQP may support the wavpack format

sistema:

Hi Miska
qobuz or tidal to go through HQP only with embedded?
other options ?

sistema:

• 1 year later...

a question....with HQP 4 desktop

inserting two filters on sdm (oversampling X1 and oversampling nx)
does the player manage the input audio formats automatically?
if it reads a 44.1 or 48khz file it "reads" the filter on X1 oversampling
if it reads a file 88,2 or higher it "reads" the filter on oversampling nx
it's correct ?
thank you.

sistema:

• 4 months later...

question:
with the saber 9018 which modulator and filtering do you use?
mostly files listening 16 / 44.1 (and some 24/96) with upsmpling to dsd 256.
it is currently set as follows:
poly-sinc-xtr-mp-2s
DSD5v2 256 + fs
I never understood how the saber 9018 behaves when sending a file with hqplayer at the maximum frequency that the chip supports ....
i don't think everything goes without any saber chip intervention ....
thanks.

sistema:

1 hour ago, Miska said:

I would use ASDM5 and if possible ASDM5EC if you run it at DSD256.

if I use Ec with asdm5 .... "stutters" .....🙄
I should use another filter ......

sistema:

yes of course, it works very well! 

sistema:

3 hours ago, thisisvv said:

ASking again...how do i get HQPLAYER working in windows for QUboz without roon

if you want to transit Qobuz in HQP I think the only way is with roon.....

....or maybe with embedded .... but I never used it I don't know ....

sistema:

• 2 months later...

question about upsampling settings pcm 1.536mhz
I use an i7 6700 3,4 ghz and an ares 2 as a converter
I tried some filters and shapers but there are always glick during playback even if the cpu is not very busy (2-3%) ..... I ask:
what do you use?
thank you.

sistema:

13 hours ago, Miska said:

Have you tried with HQPlayer OS? That is good reference point to get started with in case you encounter problems.

I did not understand....

what should I do ? ....🤔

sistema:

On 2/8/2020 at 9:42 PM, Miska said:

You could download the bootable HQPlayer Embedded image (HQPlayer OS) from here: https://www.signalyst.com/custom.html

Boot it up (no installation needed, just a spare USB memory stick), configure and try playback with it. Alternatively you could use it as a NAA and see what kind of playback results you get that way. If playback works with it, then in current setup there is likely a software related problem. If it still doesn't work on the same hardware, then the problem is likely related to the hardware.

Since running HQPlayer Embedded this way is fully self-contained known environment, including the OS itself, it is good reference. This lifts many software related uncertainties.

Free trial mode is enough for this purpose.

Jussi

problem solved.....
the bottleneck was the 10/100 mediaconverters
in pmc 1.5 mhz there is a flow of over 100mbit of data per second.

thanks for the advice, I'll try embedded on a usb stick to understand how it works 👍

sistema:

Jussi a question.
I remember reading (but I'm not sure you wrote)
that the use of mediaconverters can compromise the filter phase ....
but I didn't understand if they are the convolution filters or the filters you make ...
can you tell me something about it?
thank you.

sistema:

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/9/2020 at 5:22 PM, MemoryPlayer said:

BTW, I'm listen much more PCM with Sinc-L and LNS15 up to 768k than DSD512 lately, since 90% of my library is PCM Flac...

I agree....
I'm listening in pcm with upsampling at 1.4 and 1.5 mhz and I find it more natural and pleasant to listen.
poly-sinc-xtr-mp + LNS15 👍

sistema:

nice car the t + a HA200 .... but it also makes the pcm 1.536 mhz? 

sistema:

Jussi,
hqplayer is able to do upsamplings up to the frequency of 98.304 mhz in SDM (to simplify let's say dsd 2048)
why don't you also develop the possibility of upsampling in PCM up to 3072 mhz? .....
is that possible?
it seems to me that the only dac that does this internally is the MSB ... if there are others I don't know them.

sistema: