IGNORED

HQ Player

Wondering if I could get some help. I am running Mac Mini into Buffalo III DAC with Amanero usb. Yesterday I was able to setup HQ for DSD output, however it will not work today, I just get a loud hum. I have tried different settings but will not stop humming unless I switch to PCM.

I turned the log on. However because I am a Mac newbie I can not find the log file. How do I find it?

Thanks

Hello Mark (?)

In case I am NOT correct, you may find the log file at ~user/.hqplayer. So open Finder and click on Go in the menu and go to this folder.

Best,

Richard

Thanks for the reply Richard. I tried but was unable to find such a file. I know in the past I found the user file. I just can't remember how I did it. (guess that's part of old age) :~)

• 2 months later...

Hoping someone can help me. I have been listening to music via HQ Player for a couple of months. About 3 days ago I started to get like a static kind of sound coming through. After a bit of detective work I came to find that HQ Player was the part of the problem. I am able to use other music players without this happening. Can anyone tell me what could cause this please?

Thanks,

Mark

I found out what was causing this. Under preferences settings "2 wires" was checked. No idea what 2 wires is but it was causing the problem.

Hoping someone can help me. I have been listening to music via HQ Player for a couple of months. About 3 days ago I started to get like a static kind of sound coming through. After a bit of detective work I came to find that HQ Player was the part of the problem. I am able to use other music players without this happening. Can anyone tell me what could cause this please?

Thanks,

Mark

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

"And yes, I have huge amount of playback hours with iDSD Micro @DSD512 on my Linux workstation where I do almost all development. It has hundreds or not thousands of playback hours. iDSD Micro is connected through fixed level line-out to Fostex HP-A8C headphone amp for listening with Sennheiser HD800 headphones."

Could you share more on the Linux? Is it a particular music serving Linux?

• 1 year later...

Wonder if anyone knows where I could download an older version of HQPlayer. I am running Yosemite on my Mac because Chord does not update drivers for anything past Yosemite on DAC's that they have discontinued. (even though the DAC is only a few years old) Chord Qute EX.

Thanks,

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...